Quoth the Raven X Project Guide

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

D'oh! Just as soon as I commit to something, another thing comes up that I have to deal with. It looks like I'm not going to be able to pitch in on this QtR after all, since I'm likely going to be writing a sourcebook for Mongoose Publishing instead! Wish me luck everyone!

Hida Jiremi
(Jeremy Puckett)
"Children are innocent and love justice, while most adults are wicked and prefer mercy." G.K. Chesterton
daffy72
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by daffy72 »

So since the theme is evil humans will it cover the members of the Fraternity? :lol:
- a write up
-character stats
-further reading (if some of this info appears elsewhere?
-and a 1-3 page mini- module/ game hook idea that involves each member?

Personally I'm looking forward to 'A Day in the Life' feature with Dru as the main character.
lol
this may just be me but every time someone mentions our favorite cute, yet psychopathic frat member, I can't help but picture Anya from Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things. That must have been Dru's good twin sister :)
RLCore - A Ravenloft campaign setting for Neverwinter Nights

Athena Virtual Productions, Inc.
www.AtlasEditor.com
Hadis Deadstalker
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Hadis Deadstalker »

alhoon wrote:I'll also create a sorcerer that likes snakes. Most his spells have to do with snakes, he transforms willing evil humans to snakemen etc. I'll create his lair, so that he can be used for a dungeon crawl. It is not gothic, it is fantasy horror. Especially if it is used with players that are afraid of snakes.
Reminds me of a movie I saw once with Dirk Benedict, Heather Menzies (Robert Urich's widow) & the late Strother Martin called SSSSSSS circa 1973. Where the good (HEHEHE) doctor Strother Martin furthers his research on snakes by turning all his daughter's (Heather) boyfriends (Dirk) into cobras. Really cheesy movie but I liked it, but that was years ago.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead innnnteresting lives. - Bugs Bunny
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

daffy72 wrote:So since the theme is evil humans will it cover the members of the Fraternity?
Now that you mention it...? :roll:
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Hadis Deadstalker
Conspirator
Conspirator

I was considering writing a story or two. I got a few not-so-nice guys that's been playing with my little grey cells for a while now. They've wanted to get out into the world, and since I'm not currently in a game I can use them, this looks like a good place to bring them into the light (?) of day. Are there any serial killers in cannon or non-cannon. I can't seem to remember any. Also, is there a deadline for submissions yet?
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Hadis Deadstalker wrote:Are there any serial killers in cannon or non-cannon.
The Midnight Stalker (Karina, Invidia) is the only one that comes immediately to my mind, but I am sure there are others.
Hadis Deadstalker wrote:Also, is there a deadline for submissions yet?
See the guidelines thread at the top of this board, but here is a quote from that information:
Joël of the Fraternity wrote::arrow: What are the 2004 submission deadlines?

For QtR #10 (released October 1st ): September 20th 2004
Hadis Deadstalker
Conspirator
Conspirator

Thanks Jason. I forgot the sked was laid out when the site came up. Silly me. Thanks again.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

No worries, Hadis! You are neither the first nor the last person (myself included at times) to forget that we had the sumission information outlined above. Good luck with getting your article(s) done, since we are always interested in seeing more fiction submitted to the issues.

Jason
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

What happened to the Ste. Ronges gazetteer? Wasn't that due around that date too?
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Jester wrote:What happened to the Ste. Ronges gazetteer?
Wiccy is heading up that particular project, and this question could be answered by him. He is currently busy with real life matters, but I would guess that he should be around within the next week or so to answer this more fully.
Jester wrote:Wasn't that due around that date too?
I thought that he was going to have it released in the next USS, but my dates may be off. As noted above, Wiccy will have to address these inquiries when he returns.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

To add to the content of this issue, I am looking at doing an "Ecology of the Quevari" article. It deviates slightly from the evil of men, but I figured that the quevari tend to be more human than many of the other Ravenloft monsters. Plus, it should be fun to write something up as a research study.
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

So I've been half-stuck on an article idea for this issue, then it hit me.
I'll do a Alanik Ray short story as written by Arthur Sedwick! Plus it works nicely with an idea for a follow up article that acts as a sequel/extension of the story.

There have been two books published on the great detective, it is about time we see him in action!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Friendly Reminder: You only have a little more than a month left before the submission dealine, folks. I would recommend that you not wait to the last minute before sending us your articles, since it makes it difficult to get everything finished on time.

Jason
Fraternity of Shadows
Daisu
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Daisu »

could we authors get updated on the articles we already submited? I do not like waiting till the netbook goes out to know if an article made it, maybe there is problem with my e-mail that i haven't receive an update.
My RPG PC Game: higurashirpg.blogspot.com
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Daisu wrote:could we authors get updated on the articles we already submited?
If Joel has not responded to you as of yet, then I would assume that you would hear from him in the next few days. He went on vacation shortly after you submitted your article to him, and there was quite a bit of editing that needed to be done. I'll make sure to pass a note along to him (again) to make sure he contacts you.

Daisu wrote:I do not like waiting till the netbook goes out to know if an article made it, maybe there is problem with my e-mail that i haven't receive an update.
Your last article was an exception and not the normal case. I don't know why Joel and Nathan hadn't gotten back to you before the netzine was released, except that they had to do a large amount of work to get the article presentable for the issue.