Original stats of Prince Mircea?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Solan
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Original stats of Prince Mircea?

Post by Solan »

Does anyone still have the original, 2nd edition stats for Prince Vladislav Mircea? If so, could you please post them here?
Strahdsbuddy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Original stats of Prince Mircea?

Post by Strahdsbuddy »

I'm not sure I ever saw 2nd edition stats for Mircea; the only stats I have ever seen for him were from Ryan Naylor's Pathfinder edition, available at the library of this very site. Children of the Night: the Lords of Ravenloft he is featured starting on page 146.

From there, converting back to 2nd would be pretty easy.
Get the Core Genesis Project V4 in the Mausoleum.

Check out the Ravenloft Cartographic Society on Facebook
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I've checked my 2e books, and I couldn't even find a mention of Sanguinia, let alone Mircea. :-/
You might try reading Ian Fordam's "Sanguinia, Survey of a Snow-Bound Land" in Quoth the Raven #30; if I recall correctly, it has 2e stats for Mircea.
Solan
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Solan »

Thanks, Rock! Yes, there wouldn't be any mention of it or its lord in 2nd Ed. unless you have the first Ravenloft boxed set; Sanguina never had a published adventure and it was one of the lands which disappeared and permanently escaped during the Grand Conjunction (I remember there was a line in the boxed set after that about how the land you were adventuring might no longer be in the Dread Domain, and that was certainly true for us because our party was actually IN Sanguina at the time! :azalin: ). Thanks for the potential lead; I'll check it out.
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the closest we get to a canon 2e stat block for Ladislav Mircea is the following write-up from Realm of Terror, p.84:
He is a vampire.
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Rock of the Fraternity wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:00 pm You might try reading Ian Fordam's "Sanguinia, Survey of a Snow-Bound Land" in Quoth the Raven #30; if I recall correctly, it has 2e stats for Mircea.
Thanks for the shout-out, Rock!
Solan
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Solan »

Alas, Fordam was not merciful enough to provide 2nd Ed. stats for Mircea (otherwise it was a very detailed and comprehensive overlook of the domain). Still, it sounds as if there might be no stats ever published to provide in the first place; it's a long time since I've seen the Realm of Terror materials myself, so I can't say for sure.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

IanFordam wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:43 pm
Rock of the Fraternity wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:00 pm You might try reading Ian Fordam's "Sanguinia, Survey of a Snow-Bound Land" in Quoth the Raven #30; if I recall correctly, it has 2e stats for Mircea.
Thanks for the shout-out, Rock!
My pleasure, Ian. ^_^
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Solan wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:37 pm Alas, Fordam was not merciful enough to provide 2nd Ed. stats for Mircea...
That was me showing mercy! Even a glimpse of Mircea's ability scores has been known to drive readers mad... mad, I tell you!
Solan
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Solan »

Sounds to me like Fordam has become a Lost One! We'll ship him off to Dr. Heinfroth's Asylum on Dominia and hope for the best . . . :twisted:
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Solan wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:44 pm We'll ship him off to Dr. Heinfroth's Asylum on Dominia and hope for the best . . . :twisted:
What, again?!?!
Solan
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Solan »

IanFordam wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:07 pm
Solan wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:44 pm We'll ship him off to Dr. Heinfroth's Asylum on Dominia and hope for the best . . . :twisted:
What, again?!?!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

Youcan use the same way of escaping of last time. Call my name three times, and I comeand smuggle you out. :D