Eternal: Elizabeth Bathory movie

Books, movies, television and everything else
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Eternal: Elizabeth Bathory movie

Post by Charney »

So anybody else looking forward to this movie? I sure am! I think it'll be way better than the lattest vampire movies we saw lately.

Plus it's made in Québec :D

http://www.eternalthemovie.com/
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!
Shoon VII
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

wow

Post by Shoon VII »

sounds like fun. i just hope it turns out better than Van Helsing and Underworld
Perilous to us all are the devices of an art deeper than we possess ourselves.
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

You mean as an actual horror movie instead of an action movie that happens to include characters traditionally associated with horror?
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

For me, a movie that is at least watchable would be an improvement on Underworld or Van Helsing.
Swallow your soul!
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

Well, it's an actual movie and not an action movie at all.

It's not great but definitively better than Van Helsing. I'd say I enjoyed it about as much as Underworld.

Though I got to warn everyone. Eternal has a lot of... mmm. How to say it in a gentleman way? We see a lot of things for adults only. Including girl on g...

I'd say it's a good idea but not well done.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Okay, it has alot of the carnal aspects of life in it ;) lol.

I just jope it is betetr than Underworld, I thought that movie was only marginally better than Van Helsing, but only because the werewolves didn't have thsoe damn stupid pointy ears :P
Swallow your soul!
Shoon VII
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Shoon VII »

Charney wrote:
Though I got to warn everyone. Eternal has a lot of... mmm. How to say it in a gentleman way? We see a lot of things for adults only. Including girl on g...

well, you know what they say ..."Sex sells"
Perilous to us all are the devices of an art deeper than we possess ourselves.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Shoon VII wrote:
Charney wrote:

well, you know what they say ..."Sex sells"
If what they're saying about Alexander the Great's true, I doubt the sex scenes in that will be the selling point.

Even if it is Colin Farrel in the buff.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:
If what they're saying about Alexander the Great's true, I doubt the sex scenes in that will be the selling point.

Even if it is Colin Farrel in the buff.
God I hope not. I'll go blind. 8)
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Charney wrote: We see a lot of things for adults only. Including girl on g...
Well, we'd kind of hope so, wouldn't we? After all, this is a movie about a lesbian-sadist-vampire from the annals of real world history (who'd a thunk there was a real one?).
Last edited by ScS of the Fraternity on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

I still like to read up on Elzbet Bathory, there are so many different takes on how she died. The three most popular are that she.... 1. Died in prison from disease or poisoned herself, 2. She was murdered, 3. She was bricked up in a cell and left to die. Of course, the truth may never be known.

As for her being a lesbian, she did marry and I believe she may have had children (though I would assume they would have disappeared or been killed by her for their blood), so I think she would be more AC/DC.
Swallow your soul!
ScS of the Fraternity

Perhaps, but do remember that as a woman she wouldn't have had much say in the matter. Marriage was all about finances, and with the nannys, wet nurses, tutors and private schools available, parentage was optional. In fact, as I recall, her husband died mysteriously and was believed to have been poisoned by Lizy.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

So it is possible that if she had children there is a strong possibility that they would have been outside her reach much of the time. I forget when abouts during her reign that her husband did die, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the things that led to her eventual downfall.
Swallow your soul!
ScS of the Fraternity

From what I read in one book (keep in mind, this was when I was in highschool), her children really weren't in harms way. Probably because she had sent them off, but perhaps also because her murderous tendancies were much more sexual in nature. I guess a psycho has to draw the line somewhere :? .

From what I read, it seemed as though her downfall was due completly to a change in her predations. After spending years depredating maid-servants, shepard girls and asorted peasants, Lizy opened up her castle as a school for noble girls. I'll have to research this a little better, since it sounds like a seriously stupid mistake, even for a crazy person.

Apparently someone caught sight of her, an investigation was made, and she was handed over to her family for punishment. Liz Barthory was walled up in a tower, her only connection to the world a tiny slit in the stone through which food was passed.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

From all that I read, she wasn't a lesbian. She tortured, murdered and bathed in woman blood but nothing else.

My knowledge of Lizy concurs with what ScS said.