Quoth the Raven 11: Project guide

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

My feyirs article seems to be growing requiring actual character and more. I'm even adding the standard 5 rank system to them dealing with feyirs between regular and greater.
Mortavius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mortavius »

Do you mean the old 2E Feyrs? If so, they are updated and presented in Monster Manual II as Fihyrs; both normal and Greater. Just thought I'd pass it along if you didn't know.
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Yeah, I just never know how to spell it.
I know they've been updated in MMII, I'll be playing with that version.
I've alway thought it was strange normal fihyrs were something like CR3 and Greater were high teens. What? Nothing in-between??
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

December 10th? That's a bit too early. I'll see what I can do.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

alhoon wrote:December 10th? That's a bit too early. I'll see what I can do.
We decided on a shorter deadline to allow us more time to edit, format and add a little extra spit and polish ;)

I am also hoping i get what I have planned done in time. I have some more ideas for my bogeymen, it is just getting them to work properly.
Swallow your soul!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

I have a couple ideas that are brewing, but the one I'm currently writing is about a unigue shadow fay that feeds on the breath of sleeping babies. The problem I'm having, however, is finding a good name for the creature... Anybody have some good suggestions?

Edit: Scratch that! I found a name for it. The Grimalkin.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Where the USS will be ready?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Shadowking
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

My articles

Post by Shadowking »

I'll be doing 3 articles for Quoth 11:

*Things that Go Bump- a bestiary of Bogeymen and Shadow Fey (5 critters of low-to-mid CR).

*MM3 in Ravenloft- notes how to use monsters from the Book in Ravenloft (the appropriate ones).

*Caliban Paragons- 5 mini-prestige classes for the Caliban breeds presented in Brutes and Banshees (QtR 8). The concept is from Unearthed Arcana.

Brutes and Banshees II (the 5 NPCs) and Lords of Deception (my Raksasha article) will feature in QtR 12, since the 3 articles above are at the highest priority.
"To bring down the monster you have to become a monster"
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

alhoon wrote:Where the USS will be ready?
I think the popular decision among the FoS was to do a 4th QtR instead of the USS, as the latter would just be a collection and update on the favourite and best articles that were featured in QtR over the last year. The opportunity to provide more new material won over a chance for a revision.
Swallow your soul!
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Yep, that and the fact that practically noone chose a favorite article. It was a real disapointment to see such tiny polls - we really couldn't consider something as a favorite when only roughly 3% of the readers voted for it.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Yep, so people, when you see a poll, whether it is form an upcoming theme for an issue or for your favourite article in the most recent issue, please vote, it counts.
Swallow your soul!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Okay, ladies and gents! I just wanted to provide everyone with a friendly reminder that there is just under a month left for you to submit your articles to us. With the deadline being December 10th, you do lose about a week. However, we're hoping to have more time to put together a spectacular issue for everyone to read.

Please submit... and submit a lot!

Jason
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

I still got time to get my articles done then :)

Who knows how long they are going to take though, or how long they are gonna be. I was running short of ideas for Bogeymen, then I got bombarded with them. I need to decide on which ones to leave out or the article will never get done in time.

The Arlington Farm update is also going well, except the stat and combat stuff for Henry, I'm have a few problems working out how the Flesh Scarecrows (Now Dread Flesh Scarecrows) for 3.5 :( They are slowly getting there though.

Also, I do have another (secret) article that is under proofreading and review by another member of the FoS, so we will also see if it requires more work and is done in time.
Swallow your soul!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Glim wrote:Don't know if it's been done before... but I'm combining the half-elemental template from Manual of the Planes with the dread-elementals from Denizens of Darkness.
It hasn't been done before, but I did write an article in Quoth the Raven #7 about "Dread Genasi"...
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Twenty days left...

On a slightly different note, I'm adding a 5-level prestige class to the articles that I'll be submitting. It will detail folkloric spellcasters, who receive spell-abilities based on the fairytales that commoners create around them.