Quoth the Raven 11: Project guide

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

I guess it's customary to chime in on these things; I'm writing up Queen Tera from The Jewel of Seven Stars, modified a bit from the novel, for Masque of the Red Death. While I'm engaged in writing it all up, I can try to make the deadline and get that in to you guys as well.

That book's public domain, so all's good that way.
Better to betray the world, than for the world to betray me.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Is there a general article where we submit feys? I have made a fey but it is a single fey type, not a complete article.

Also what about the article of the wizard Vastinus? I haven't recieved any notice yet.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

I have just submitted my third article to this issue of QtR, it is the mystery, secret one I have mentioned in the past ;) And no, I am not giving away clues :P lol.
Swallow your soul!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Only ten days left... :(
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

My article will be concerning more excerpts from the Register of Monsters, mostly concerning various boogeypeople from throughout the Demiplane, including: Hoonoo, Muko The Naughty, The Green Empress, Crabe Siegnor, Humpty Doodle, King Noodle, Scolopendra, Fen Fa Ha, The Fenwick Witch, Barjan, Nise Shogun, Lao Goei, and Kaiser Egel.
Possibly a few more, even.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Ah, the infamous Green Empress previously alluded to...

any spoilers?
Evil Reigns!!!!
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:Ah, the infamous Green Empress previously alluded to...

any spoilers?
I'll just say that where she's from, she's not a boogeyman, or even a boogeywoman.
She is The Boogeywoman.
She's also known as "The Mother of Vampires," "Mother of Witches," "Mother of Poison," "The Daughter of Tou Mu," "She of the Giant Feet" etc.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Gemathustra wrote:She's also known as "The Mother of Vampires," "Mother of Witches," "Mother of Poison," "The Daughter of Tou Mu," "She of the Giant Feet" etc.
I am so glad I decided not to do a Ravenloft version of Lilith in one of my articles. She almost ended up in my bogeyman article.
Swallow your soul!
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:
Gemathustra wrote:She's also known as "The Mother of Vampires," "Mother of Witches," "Mother of Poison," "The Daughter of Tou Mu," "She of the Giant Feet" etc.
I am so glad I decided not to do a Ravenloft version of Lilith in one of my articles. She almost ended up in my bogeyman article.
How is that a good thing?
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

There's not really any overlap between Lilith and the Green Empress, Wiccy, so if you have time you can still do it. ;)
Better to betray the world, than for the world to betray me.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Orang Santu wrote:There's not really any overlap between Lilith and the Green Empress, Wiccy, so if you have time you can still do it. ;)
There's a huge difference between these two ladies of the night: The Green Empress shaves her legs.
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Lilith, depending on where you look has been dubbed the Mother of both Vampires and Witches ;) That is whay I am glad I left her out of my articles.
Swallow your soul!
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Two days left

If you have a submission but need more time, please let us know no later than the 10th. Otherwise, you will be banished to the dark umbral abyss of the sock drawer.

[Socko:] "Don't listen to him: Socko needs company!"]
Evil Reigns!!!!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Or have to wait until submissions open for issue 12. The Sock Drawer may be preferrable though :P
Swallow your soul!
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Tick-tock... tick-tock...