Anybody here play anything besides AD&D/d20?

Discussing all roleplaying games
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Anybody here play anything besides AD&D/d20?

Post by Brandi »

Anyone?
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

I don't DM anything except d20 but I did play Legend of the Five Rings (d10 system) and World of Darkness (only once). I might also try a Seven Sea game but that remains to be seen if I actually find the time to do so.

Oh and I also used to DM the old d6 Star Wars game. I still have a few old books gathering the dust somewhere.
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!
Trevorfrost
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Trevorfrost »

Oh sure, WOD, Marvel, Rifts, Gurps, BESM, In Nomne, Amber, DC Universe, Star Trek (Last Unicorn), Call of Cthulhu, Buffy RPG, Alternity, Teenagers from Outer Space, Brave New World, Nobilis, and Heros Unlimited...(I have played all of them at one time or another.) I think thats all of them lol.. Maybe a few more that I can't remember lol...
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."
-John Milton, Paradise Lost
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

I play the following on occasion, or have done in the past. BESM, Justifiers, Kawaii 5.0, Lodoss War, Warhammer RPG, Confrontation (the old, half developed 40k rpg from Games Workshop, it was scrapped and became Necromunda several years later), Judge Dredd (the old GW rpg), Bubblegum Crisis, Ranma 1/2, 3x3 Eyes (try tracking those down), Gojira (yet someone made an rpg out of it, lol). I think there are some others, but I forget their names.

Other than rpg's, I play HeroClix, M:tG, Zombies, LotR Battle Game, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, Blood Bowl, Space Hulk, Advanced Heroquest, Necromunda, Epic, Talisman, many, many others.

On the pc I play NWN, but not at the moment, my pc needs to have its overhaul completed before it is able to run it again :(
Swallow your soul!
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Ah, just curious. Seemed like most of the topics here were D&D/d20-based.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I also play Whitewolf games and soon we will change to WOD.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

Brandi wrote:Ah, just curious. Seemed like most of the topics here were D&D/d20-based.
I think it's normal cause Ravenloft is D&D so everyone here at least plays that system. It's also (correct me if I'm wrong) the most widespread game system.
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!
Bob the Efreet
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Bob the Efreet »

I play (and vastly prefer) HERO. I really only play D20 because that's all my friends play, so if I want to game it has to be with that.
'Dance with me, Shadowman.'

'Can a lich get children?'

Secrets of the Kargatane refugee
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Bob the Efreet wrote:I play (and vastly prefer) HERO. I really only play D20 because that's all my friends play, so if I want to game it has to be with that.
I play HERO, at least for supers games, and actually mostly GURPS aside from that; odds are good that I will not so much pick up d20 because of Ravenloft as I will pick up Ravenloft and convert it.

Did you happen to look at the Anopheles adventure? Any opinion on it?
Reginald de Curry
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Reginald de Curry »

I used to play Legend of the Five Rings and Deadlands. I haven't actually played anything in a while, :cry: but some of the Savage Worlds settings are pretty interesting.
Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so, Brain, but didn't we give up ritual murder for Lent?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I have in the past played Rifts and Toon and VtM. I've got DC Heroes and Ghostbusters RPG stuff that I've never played. Other than that, D&D is my first love and I pretty much have seen no reason to change.

Other than RPG's, of course, I play LOTS of stuff. I'm a board/card game nut, and try to play as many different ones as possible. Favorites include: MTG, Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, Bohnanza, Robo Rally, Zendo, Ricochet Robot, Wheel of Time CCG, Highlander CCG, Taj Mahal, Eurorails, Vinci, Tichu, Acquire, Diplomacy, Time Agent, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Merchant of Venus...

(I could keep going for a while, so I'd better stop there.)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Mostly D&D, but also Shadowrun and WoD. I'd like to run All Flesh, but no one I know near me likes zombies as much as I do. I also really like the system from "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" by Palladium. They're good rules and I think they're good for first time players.

I plan on buying Earthdawn when I have the chance, and Call of Cthulhu D20 and Chaosium versions.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Corrupted_Loremaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Corrupted_Loremaster »

Right then, I've played d20 (FR, RL, some homemade worlds), most of the origional WoD, Shadowrun, CoC, and 7th Sea. I've DMed a few Ravenloft one-shots and a lot of Feng Shui. It should be noted that as a hobby I browse through a few LGS' for fairly obscure games and sourcebooks to collect. To the direct right of me right now is a shelf of them, including the Ghost Dog tri-stat game, Little Fears, and a fifth-hand copy of WoD Gypsy (The sourcebook so bad White Wolf tried to cover up it's existence).
I think we're property...
That once upon a time, this earth was No-man's Land...but that now it's owned by Something:
That Something (now) owns this earth -- all others warned off. -Charles Fort
Bob the Efreet
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Bob the Efreet »

Brandi wrote:Did you happen to look at the Anopheles adventure? Any opinion on it?
Nope, haven't seen that adventure.
'Dance with me, Shadowman.'

'Can a lich get children?'

Secrets of the Kargatane refugee
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

I posted a topic about it here, should be down a few lines on the list; it was the old "Horror World" adventure from Champions in 3D (the dimension-hopping sourcebook) and was recently made effectively public domain by Allen Varney. It's surprisingly nasty as superhero adventures go.