Who do you want in Legacy of Blood?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Who do you want in Legacy of Blood?

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Well, Legacy of Blood will be out on Monday. Along with the major families (Reniers, Weathermays, Hiregaards), who do you want to see in it?

Personally, I'd like to see a section on the Wachter family of Barovia make an appearance. Mainly because I intend to kill off most of the clan with the rising of Leo Dilisnaya, but still...
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Yaoi Huntress Earth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

From what I heard

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth »

The only thing I know so far (thanks to Talon Dunning's ML) is that LoB will have more of a World of Darkness feel to it since it will deal with political backstabbings, ancient, cursed families; and stuff like that.
I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Who do you want in Legacy of Blood?

Post by Steve Miller »

Tobias Blackburn wrote:Well, Legacy of Blood will be out on Monday. Along with the major families (Reniers, Weathermays, Hiregaards), who do you want to see in it?

Personally, I'd like to see a section on the Wachter family of Barovia make an appearance. Mainly because I intend to kill off most of the clan with the rising of Leo Dilisnaya, but still...
Offhand, I know the Boritsi, Dilisney, d'Honaire, Renier, and Hiregaard families are detailed. (At least one other family is included, possibly two.)

BTW, I'm not sure I agree with the assesment that this book makes Ravenloft like "The World of Darkness." Rather, I think it expands on parts of the setting that have been present since the very beginning... which predates the WoD. (But then I've always been rather sensitive to the comparisons between the two, particularly since they often inclue the misnomer that Ravenloft was a copy of WW's "Vampire.")
Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff
Once and Future Ravenloft Contributor
Help keep my cats fed and my car gassed up: [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3765]NUELOW Games at RPGNow.[/url]
Charlatan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charlatan »

Personally I hope for the Timothys.
"One thing about livin' in Santa Carla I never could stomach... all the damn vampires."
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Who do you want in Legacy of Blood?

Post by tec-goblin »

Steve Miller wrote:
Tobias Blackburn wrote: BTW, I'm not sure I agree with the assesment that this book makes Ravenloft like "The World of Darkness." Rather, I think it expands on parts of the setting that have been present since the very beginning... which predates the WoD. (But then I've always been rather sensitive to the comparisons between the two, particularly since they often inclue the misnomer that Ravenloft was a copy of WW's "Vampire.")
Well, IMO, this book makes Ravenloft LESS WoD: in the new WoD, it's clear that Vampire metaplotting and families stay only at a particular domain, and only rarely do they travel. In Ravenloft, though, family affairs have spread into multi-domain issues.

I am looking forward to the book. It's a MUST for Christmas.
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Well I'd like to see vonZarovich, but the listed ones do sound interesting. Hopefully there'll be alot for both DMs and Players.
Jasper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jasper »

While Im looking forward to this book im kinda fearful that its the start of a trend similer to Forgoten relms "over detailing" where soon every major personality had their own book and you coundn't kill off a servent girl without it conflicting with some huge metaplot written into the setting.

So far all the 3rd ed books have been good about this, keeping any plot ideas very open ended and can be tossed out without affecting the setting but its something to keep vigalent about.
As long as we don't get a 200 page book on the d'Honaire estate complete with stats for each of his fifty seven servents and a massive conspericy writeen into its fabric I think we are safe.
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."
Anais Nin
Paladine
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Paladine »

I'd love to see dark secrets, unholly alliances, half-forgotten brothers/sisters coming for revenge etc. In one sentence a dark, gothic and terrifieng brazilian movie series :D.
Speaking more seriously the more backgrounf not related to darklord we'd see, the better book will be.
IMHO SH HH should be a better RL DL!!
------- Memeber of the Kargatane Ravenloft Mailing List
Shadowking
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

My wishes

Post by Shadowking »

I would like to see the Timothys, Von Zaroviches (full stats and a better history for Lyssa, info on Sergei etc.) and Weathermays detailed in addition to the other families listed.
"To bring down the monster you have to become a monster"
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

The Renier family would be very useful for me in regard to a campaign I have planned for a future, that requires vast amounts of background of the family to construct.
Swallow your soul!
William Blackmoor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by William Blackmoor »

Rules for the Reniers, Weathermays, etc. are nice but I wish for something I haven't read about before, like an elfclan of Sithicus or a dwarvish family from Darkon.
But if there is one family of renown that has to be in the book it must be Strahd's bloodline... (not just because one of my player's plays a descenadant of Sturm von Z. and I want to know the curse connected to his leagacy :twisted: )
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

William Blackmoor wrote:Rules for the Reniers, Weathermays, etc. are nice but I wish for something I haven't read about before, like an elfclan of Sithicus or a dwarvish family from Darkon.
I share your wish. I hope the first LoB does well enough for their to be a second one... there are more families I want to write up, among them being a family of Sitchican elves.
But if there is one family of renown that has to be in the book it must be Strahd's bloodline... (not just because one of my player's plays a descenadant of Sturm von Z. and I want to know the curse connected to his leagacy :twisted: )
There might be. I really don't recall. (Personally, I have just about no interest in Strahd and any of his kin. But I can see that they are crucial to the setting, though.)
Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff
Once and Future Ravenloft Contributor
Help keep my cats fed and my car gassed up: [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3765]NUELOW Games at RPGNow.[/url]
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

Maybe the Westcote's will be there too. Remember Azalin's comment on how they were ommited in Gaz III. Maybe it's because they were to be featured in LoB.
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Charney wrote:Maybe the Westcote's will be there too. Remember Azalin's comment on how they were ommited in Gaz III. Maybe it's because they were to be featured in LoB.
But there was only one Westcote left and he was stuck in the middle of the swamp/moors. Even if he was cured, the family line wouldn't be large enough to say much about.

Also, S mentioned the Westcotes as one of the lost families. If they had been rebuilding their fortunes, she would have heard something.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

Azalin was still clear about the Westcote having some importance though. Still, I'm just speculating for I never read the Howls in the Night Module
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!