Who do you want in Legacy of Blood?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Tell me about it.

It has some amazing looking PrCs. I'll List what I can remember: Accomplished Mediuum, Divine Exorcist, Hawkmaster, Raptor Knight, Rumormonger, Courtier, Tyrant Mage, Scientist, Learned Physician.

And the Mordenhiems deal with scientific devices and creations.
Last edited by Tobias Blackburn on Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Salivates

Must... have... Lagacies of Blood.
Swallow your soul!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Wow... I want it! I want it!

I hope my preorder with amazon comes soon. (They just shipped my MotRD yesterday, so I'm not counting on it.)

Funny how our expectations were different from the final product. Who expected the Mordenheims? or the Godefroys? We're going all obscure with the Wachters, the Weathermays, the von Aubreckers, the Wescotes.
But it looks like darklords sell. :) Notice that all 9 families have a DL.

Still, looks great!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Actually, Adam is the darklord of Lamordia, so unless his surname is Mordenheim, that is one family that does not have a darklord, heheheh.
Swallow your soul!
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Talking with a friend who has the supplement, I've learned that there is another family hidden within the Renier section. All it has is a small note about what the character gets for being of the bloodline (no feats, spells, PrC's or NPCs).

Now you too can play as... A DuBois.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

Tobias Blackburn wrote:Now you too can play as... A DuBois.
Yeah, in some chapters I tried to get a couple of little extra angles worked in under the banner of the main families being talked about. :)
Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff
Once and Future Ravenloft Contributor
Help keep my cats fed and my car gassed up: [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3765]NUELOW Games at RPGNow.[/url]
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Steve Miller wrote:
Tobias Blackburn wrote:Now you too can play as... A DuBois.
Yeah, in some chapters I tried to get a couple of little extra angles worked in under the banner of the main families being talked about. :)
I did notice the inclusion of the Paka in the Hirgaards (and I believe in one other area where they are mentioned as bandits). Great to see them being used. Awesome book, Steve.
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

Tobias Blackburn wrote:
I did notice the inclusion of the Paka in the Hirgaards (and I believe in one other area where they are mentioned as bandits). Great to see them being used. Awesome book, Steve.
I've tried repeatedly to work them in over the years... I like them as a concept. With the Hiregaards, I thought they could be tied into Nova Vaasa's ancient cat-worshipping inhabitants. (What's that? You say it's "false history"? Poppycock! There's no such thing as false history! ;) )

I don't know what happened in editing and continuity checking, but the paka and the Hiregaards are on a collision course, if something I wrote is still in the chapter.

(Another little-seen Ravenloft original race that I've never managed to use but like a lot are the quevari. I wanted to put a village of them on the mountainous frontier between Darkon and Tepest--with S. spending a couple of nights in the settlement of totally alien folks--but I ran out of space and dropped the notion.)
Help keep my cats fed and my car gassed up: [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3765]NUELOW Games at RPGNow.[/url]
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Steve Miller wrote: I don't know what happened in editing and continuity checking, but the paka and the Hiregaards are on a collision course, if something I wrote is still in the chapter.
Did it involve the Cat's Paw, the fact that they go after it leaves the vaults, and that they think it will deal with their human problem? That and the fact that no human really knows why they come after it?
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

Tobias Blackburn wrote:Did it involve the Cat's Paw, the fact that they go after it leaves the vaults, and that they think it will deal with their human problem? That and the fact that no human really knows why they come after it?
That would be it, yeah. :D
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Steve Miller wrote:
Tobias Blackburn wrote:Did it involve the Cat's Paw, the fact that they go after it leaves the vaults, and that they think it will deal with their human problem? That and the fact that no human really knows why they come after it?
That would be it, yeah. :D
Sorry... that's not in the book. :(

Just kidding. I've always wanted to say that! :lol:
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

Tobias Blackburn wrote: Just kidding. I've always wanted to say that! :lol:
Cute. :)

Particularly since my first thought before reading on was, "How the heck does he know about it then?! :) )
midnightcat
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by midnightcat »

Wow, the Paka are in this book! They are my favorite Ravenloft monsters. Now I must get this book soon.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Steve Miller wrote:Particularly since my first thought before reading on was, "How the heck does he know about it then?! :) )
Oh, you know how it is. Know all, see all. All it takes is a little bit of know how and a dead muskrat.

Great work Steve. I especially liked Ivana meeting with Gennifer. You mentioned Talon illustrating your work, so I'm assuming that you wrote that framing bit.

For some reason the event brought "Borrowed Time" to my mind.