Martians everywhere

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Martians everywhere

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Does anyone know if someone has already written up stuff from War of the Worlds for MotRD? If not then I will have to take a bash at it :twisted:
Swallow your soul!
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

By all means, bash

But there was a 2nd edition War of the Worlds in one of the BoS
Evil Reigns!!!!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

I was thinking someone had done it before, but couldn't remember which edition it was for, do you rememebr which BoS it was in? I will look at that article and then draw up my own, I have some cool ideas for the Martian War Machines :twisted:

It is made even better now I have the book, lol.

Also thinking of writing up Dorian Gray and some other characters, possibly Graf Orlock and Varney the Vampire sometime in the future.
Swallow your soul!
Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

Aah, Orlock. Cool. Despite the movie title, he doesn't seem to be a Nosferatu. Possibly a Vrykolakas. Don't know too much about Varney outside of the name.

In the future, I'd like to do La Bete Anthropophage du Gevaudan. I don't think you need to know French to figure out who that is. I'd also like to possibly write up the Fear Liath Mor (The Great Grey Man of Ben McDhui). And I have ideas for a Spanish nobleman who's a manticore. And for my namesake Orang Santu, and a new type of vampire called the Kudlak, concerned with famine and locusts and all sorts of good things.

And "Mars Attacks Gothic Earth" was in Book of Sorrows. I love the Voudoun article in the same book.
Better to betray the world, than for the world to betray me.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:I was thinking someone had done it before, but couldn't remember which edition it was for, do you rememebr which BoS it was in? I will look at that article and then draw up my own, I have some cool ideas for the Martian War Machines :twisted:
Gooooolaaaaaah! Gooooooolaaah!

Martian tripods, remember they are highly effective killing artillary but a steamer could take one out. :cry: Farewell Thunderchild.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Orang Santu wrote:Aah, Orlock. Cool. Despite the movie title, he doesn't seem to be a Nosferatu. Possibly a Vrykolakas. Don't know too much about Varney outside of the name.
Re,e,ber that Nosferatu came out in 1922, a long, long time ago. Still one of my favourite movies though :)
And "Mars Attacks Gothic Earth" was in Book of Sorrows. I love the Voudoun article in the same book.
Thanks, I'll download that book again and have a look ;)
Gooooolaaaaaah! Gooooooolaaah!

Martian tripods, remember they are highly effective killing artillary but a steamer could take one out. Farewell Thunderchild.
I love the War of the Worlds musical, but it has been a very long time since I las tread the book, not even sure I still have it... must find another copy of it ;)

Moving swiftly through the waters
Cannons blazing as she came
Brought a mighty metal War-Lord
Crashing down in sheets of flame

A little verse from the song Thunder Child ;)
Swallow your soul!
Lost and Damned
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Lost and Damned »

I remember that Article, very good it is.....

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Jeff Wayne's Musical War of The Worlds :D ....

I've got it both on LP and CD and my Hard Drive :P
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural...

[url=http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_66&products_id=701&affiliate_id=6326]Support Ravenloft PDF's at Drive Thru RPGs NOW![/url]
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Lost and Damned wrote:I've got it both on LP and CD and my Hard Drive :P
I have 2 copies of the LP, both first printings and one of them remains factory sealed. I used to have it on tape, but it got worn out, so when I want to listen to it, I borrow the cd from my sister ;)

Let's all say it together...

Uuuuuuuuuuuullaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........
Swallow your soul!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

I prefer Gooolah, but hey no need to fight when we can live in my underground city. Get the shovels.

Nothing but champagne and caviar while I'm on duty.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Coan wrote:Nothing but champagne and caviar while I'm on duty.
You horrible, fish-baby-eating monster!
I hope you get reincarnated as a sturgeon.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Coan wrote:I prefer Gooolah, but hey no need to fight when we can live in my underground city. Get the shovels.

I see myself as more of a superviser, so you do the digging and I'll tell you where to dig :P

No champagne of caviar for me, can't stand the stuff, just make sure there is lots of curry ;)
Swallow your soul!
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

I see myself as more of a superviser, so you do the digging and I'll tell you where to dig

You can be the boss, I get to be the lazy worker asleep behind the woodpile on a regular basis :lol:

Maraudar
Blade, fire, pistol or stake it matters not.. Even the undead can become true dead.
Reginald de Curry
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Reginald de Curry »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:
Coan wrote:I prefer Gooolah, but hey no need to fight when we can live in my underground city. Get the shovels.

I see myself as more of a superviser, so you do the digging and I'll tell you where to dig :P

No champagne of caviar for me, can't stand the stuff, just make sure there is lots of curry ;)
Hey! Leave me out of this! :x
Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so, Brain, but didn't we give up ritual murder for Lent?
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

maraudar wrote:You can be the boss, I get to be the lazy worker asleep behind the woodpile on a regular basis :lol:
Hey! I was gonna sleep there, now I gotta find a new nap place :(
Reginald de Curry wrote:Hey! Leave me out of this!
Lol, we'll leave you for the Martians to eat then :P
Swallow your soul!
William Blackmoor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by William Blackmoor »

I will look at that article and then draw up my own, I have some cool ideas for the Martian War Machines
Did you read the "League of Extraordinary Gentelmen Vol.2"-comic? ?
Especially Issue 1. There Mars seems to be quite inhabitated: Huge, green giants with 4 arms, worshipping Ares; red skinned Humans (with beautieful, almost unclad princesses :wink: ), huge, gaunt "greys" and last but not least the slug-aliens from war of the worlds who are driven from Mars by the other 3 races. So you could start a whole "Gothic Mars"-Campaign :)

I'll use Vernes's Selenites sometime soon. Selenites who happen to be DnD's Dromites to be exact.