Legacy of the Blood - use of it?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Joël of the FoS

Legacy of the Blood - use of it?

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Ladies and gentlemen,

LotB has been out for a couple of weeks now. How do you plan to use this book in your campaign?

---

My campaign has already started so I can't change a PC's background to make him a member of an illustrous RL family.

However, one of my players is an orphan monk, whose small gundarakite monk order was decimated when Strahd's forces entered Gundar. This monk now wander the world, hating the Barovians.

Of course, you saw it coming, he will someday find out he is a descendant from Sturm Von Zarovich, making him a member of the VZ family...

I don't know how it will be told to him. Perhaps in a family book, or a meeting with Von Holtz ...

It will be an interesting twist, I guess.

And you ?

Joël
Last edited by Joël of the FoS on Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mortepierre
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Mortepierre »

I plan to make heavy use of the info on Borca, Falkovnia, and Lamordia especially. The rest will be used depending on the actions of my players (and where they travel to).
[b]Mortepierre Malepeste[/b]
[i]Dwarven Necro.. er .. Student of Anatomy[/i]
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Legacy of the Blood - use of it?

Post by Steve Miller »

No one else but Mortpierre are gonna use the book in their games?!

:cry:
Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff
Once and Future Ravenloft Contributor
Help keep my cats fed and my car gassed up: [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3765]NUELOW Games at RPGNow.[/url]
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

I think that I can find a way to use it in my game, Steve. :wink:

The boards are just quiet due to the holiday season.

I'm going to encorporate the Boritsi trading company into the other domains, as well as Renier recruiters coming into towns to sing the praises of Richemulot. Also, one of my Players is jumping to play a Dubois.

Item wise, the Cat's Paw is too cool not to base a campagin around.

Also, I'm trying to figure a way to get them to Lamordia, if only to play out the fall of Eva.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Hey, I posted my idea ;)

Joël
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Ah, but you're Canadian Joel. Canadians don't count.

*Glances at own location and the fact that half the Fraternity is Canadian*

Oh. :wink:
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:Hey, I posted my idea ;)

Joël
I saw! That's why I said "no others" after Mortepeierre's post.

I'd post ideas too, but my best ones are already in the book. (I could comment though that I think the feats and classes and magic items are useful in ANY RL game. They don't even have to be tied to any of the families (with a couple of possible exceptions).
Help keep my cats fed and my car gassed up: [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3765]NUELOW Games at RPGNow.[/url]
Lucius
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Lucius »

I used the book today in my campaign, I allowed a new player to make a character of one of the families described in the book, and I´m also planning to use Artisa Juvenoth in my next game.
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

LUCIFERABADDON wrote:I used the book today in my campaign, I allowed a new player to make a character of one of the families described in the book, and I´m also planning to use Artisa Juvenoth in my next game.
Cool!

BTW, is your messageboard down? I can't access it.
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Legacy of the Blood - use of it?

Post by Catman Jim »

Steve Miller wrote:No one else but Mortpierre are gonna use the book in their games?!
I'm still waiting for it. It always takes between two to three weeks from the release date before things finally show up in my local Kansas City-area bookshops. Not wanting to wait, I ordered it from Amazon on 9 Dec (yes, through the link on your website Steve, along with the DT&DL pre-order :wink: ) and it will supposedly finally ship tomorrow and I will receive it on Christmas Eve (just in time to put under the tree, for me!).
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

There's no rhyme or reason as to how Amazon ships things. Someone ordered a copy of Legacy off my website via Amazon, and they got it within a few days of the book being released.

If yours just shipped... *shakes head*. Was it grouped with other items, one of which was delayed?
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Hi Steve,

Do not fear, I will and am already using this book!

I was going to write almost the same thing you wrote. I am using the feats, PresCl and items independantly (sp) of families. To me, it's whatever is appropriate for the game and PCs!

One of the characters has Weathermay blood... Fun and games!

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet but it is very good! With a 15 month-old boy at home, a full time job, DMing every second week, and writing a novel on the side. AND my girlfriend is pregnant again!!! :) I have to organize my schedule....

Thanks!
Just my two cents!

Patrick
Lucius
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Lucius »

Hail Steve! My boards are facing some technical problems, I hope it will be online again tomorow, I hope.
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Steve Miller wrote:There's no rhyme or reason as to how Amazon ships things.
No, when I ordered LotB on Dec 9, the estimated ship date then was Dec 20. I expected it was just the time of year & crazy holiday shopping.
I also ordered some things for one of my daughters at HotTopic.com & paid for three-day-delivery and have followed it for the last six days now on UPS.com tracking as it has traveled from California to Ontario, CA to Iowa, and Kansas (going right past me down the freeway) and is supposed to come back my way today. Good thing I didn't select normal delivery, or it might not have arrived until 2005! :roll:
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I made the foolish choice of ordering LotB and Dark Tales & Disturbing Legends at the same time from Amazon and selecting free shipping. (What can I say, I'm a cheap bastard.) Usually in a case like this amazon separates the shipments. (For example, I got my MotRD about a month ago, and the LotR:Rotk EE DVD I ordered with it last week) But so far they have no intention of doing it this time, listing my estimated ship date as May 5th! :(

I'm tempted to tell them to split the shipments and pay the extra few bucks, but as I said, I'm a cheap bastard, and I hold out hope they'll get fed up and ship it.

I did get a chance to look through it at the gameshop this weekend and now I'm salivating even more. It looks like a fantastic book, everything I'd hoped for.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."