Masque ideas for the Quoth the Raven 12

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Masque ideas for the Quoth the Raven 12

Post by Coan »

I'd like to see a lot of Masque of the Red Death in this issue so who is up for writing some articles with me?
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
The Nightmare Man
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Nightmare Man »

Well, I've had some inspirational ideas that were triggered by the recent release of the 3.5e setting for MotRD. I've been wanting to develop them further so, what type of articles do you have in mind?
"When she embraces
Your heart turns to stone
She comes at night when you are all alone
And when she whispers
Your blood shall run cold
You better hide before she finds you"
-- [i]Ice Queen[/i], Within Temptation
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Cover whatever aspects are wanted.

I've written one article on a conspiracy kind of deal.

Monsters, Villians, Good guys, Qabals (though personally I think we dont need that many qabals). Maybe if we get enough people we could brainstorm an adventure in the format presented in the 3.5 Ed. book?

Magical items might also be a good idea, as they are so rare a history and special (non-boring) power/s like the book talks about, could help DMs?
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
The Nightmare Man
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Coan wrote:Cover whatever aspects are wanted.

I've written one article on a conspiracy kind of deal.

Monsters, Villians, Good guys, Qabals (though personally I think we dont need that many qabals). Maybe if we get enough people we could brainstorm an adventure in the format presented in the 3.5 Ed. book?

Magical items might also be a good idea, as they are so rare a history and special (non-boring) power/s like the book talks about, could help DMs?
Hmmm... monsters and villains are an intriguing possibility. I've a few ideas for some monsters... but what is really calling out to me is the potential to develop some particularly nasty villains that could become recurring foils for an adventure or two...

Anyone else have any ideas?
"When she embraces
And when she whispers
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Expect at least 2 MotRD articles from me in QtR 12. The first is Dorian Gray, the second is a secret ;) Currently I am re-reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (8 chapters read so far) to get the proper feeling of the character before I set about writing him up for Gothic Earth.

In addition to these 2 artucles, I plan a War of the Worlds article for 3.5, not taking the article from the BoS____ series as inspiration, but doing things my own way from the ground up. I have decided to detail the aliens themselves though, since they appear a few times in the book ;)

In the future I plan to bring Graf Orlock, the Phantom of the Opera, The Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula's Brides and other classic pieces into Gothic Earth as well.
Swallow your soul!
Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

Nice. I look forward to seeing Erik and Graf Orlock, especially. ;)

Since the theme for the next one is icy things AFAIK, I plan on writing up a character of mine I had originally made up for The Frozen Reaches in "regular" Ravenloft, Joseph Malinbois. I could come up with other frozen things; maybe the caveman-alien-mindhopper from "Horror Express". ;)
Better to betray the world, than for the world to betray me.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

I am just wishing I had saved the Upir Lichy update and Red Eye until now for the next QtR theme.

Erik will be a little while off yet, as I want to get Dorian and the Martians done first, as well as other projects I have planned. He will get done though. Most likely for QtR 13.
Swallow your soul!
The Nightmare Man
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote: ...the Phantom of the Opera...
I'd thought about doing something like that myself recently... but I'm not really that certain on what type of class/template or stats to assign.

I know you don't want to give away too much from your own ideas, but I'd appreciate some brief thoughts on how you went about it?
"When she embraces
And when she whispers
Dr Bloodworth
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Dr Bloodworth »

Speaking of the Phantom of the Opera, in The Golden Dawn for Call of Cthulhu, he turns out to be none other than Erich Zann (as in "The Music of..."). ;)
Better to betray the world, than for the world to betray me.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

The Nightmare Man wrote:I know you don't want to give away too much from your own ideas, but I'd appreciate some brief thoughts on how you went about it?
At this time I really cannot say, I am in the middle of re-reading the novel and have lists of ideas coming out of my ears, I need to trim them down and get some serious brainstorming done. Intellectual or dandy (both classes being modified slightly) seems quite possible at this time for his base class, but that is likely to change if I think of something better.

In my view, the phantom will be a person who battled the red Death but failed a madness check, he now sees everyone (except innocents) as a servant of the Red Death.

Those are very early ideas though, and my projects tend to get reinvented at least half a dozen times before they are finalised.
Swallow your soul!
The Nightmare Man
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:
The Nightmare Man wrote:I know you don't want to give away too much from your own ideas, but I'd appreciate some brief thoughts on how you went about it?
At this time I really cannot say, I am in the middle of re-reading the novel and have lists of ideas coming out of my ears, I need to trim them down and get some serious brainstorming done. Intellectual or dandy (both classes being modified slightly) seems quite possible at this time for his base class, but that is likely to change if I think of something better.

In my view, the phantom will be a person who battled the red Death but failed a madness check, he now sees everyone (except innocents) as a servant of the Red Death.

Those are very early ideas though, and my projects tend to get reinvented at least half a dozen times before they are finalised.
Regardless, you've provided me with one or two potential ideas that I can develop later... which is more than I had to start with... :oops:. So thanks :wink:.

I don't want to step on your toes here... but I'd like to try an submit my own interpretation for the Phantom, if I can string some of these ideas together successfully. Would you mind?
"When she embraces
And when she whispers
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

The Nightmare Man wrote:Regardless, you've provided me with one or two potential ideas that I can develop later... which is more than I had to start with... :oops:. So thanks :wink:.

I don't want to step on your toes here... but I'd like to try an submit my own interpretation for the Phantom, if I can string some of these ideas together successfully. Would you mind?
No problem, I wouldn't get mine done for some time, so feel free to do him yourself :)
Swallow your soul!
Malus Black
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Malus Black »

As I said on the main project thread for issue 12, I'm intending to do a writeup on stallo, nasty creatures from sami legend which strongly resemble dread golems, although stallo are created exclusively a assassins. Currently, I'm still wondering how to actually put it into writing. Other than that, I have some ideas, but I doubt I'll get them done.

Oh, just for clarification, Graf Orlok would be Count Orlok from Nosferatu, right (Graf being Count in German)?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream

-Edgar Allan Poe
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Yep, Graf oprlock/Count Orlock, bot the same person.

I have ideas coming out of my ears, to get them all done I would be at the pc 24/7 for the next two months, lol.
Swallow your soul!
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Send a couple my way then, I'm blanking for #12. :(