A halfling sits down (OOC5)

The Halfling campaign
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Coan: what happened with the fear save? :)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Coan, what weapon have the undead? Can Kimuriel discern if they have any kind of bow?
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Anyone know where Coan has wandered off to?
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Sorry about the wait everyone. I hope to get new posts up in the next few days. It's been a hectic week.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

alhoon wrote:Coan: what happened with the fear save? :)
Standard minor failure: shaken
Coan, what weapon have the undead? Can Kimuriel discern if they have any kind of bow?
They do not have any discernable weapons that you can see. So it is safe to assume they do not have a bow. However, it would be easy to conceal a small weapon.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

I think we need one extra player for Context. Jason is really busy at the moment and has pretty much handed in his resignation from playing.

So if you think you know someone who might be interested, let me know. 2 player rp threads are difficult to keep moving.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

More players

Post by VAN »

Why you don't ask to Jinx or Silence to join. They were old players and they might want to continue playing their characters.

You can contact them from Thimble.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Contacting them is the easy part. Convincing them to come back is difficult. Jinx seems to not like the idea of playing a game anywhere other than Thimble, as of the last time I talked to him. Silence has sort of drifted from the games from what I understand.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Sorry I've been having internet problems for the past week due to equipment dying.
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

I've been successfully recruited from ToT; the question is simply what character to play. My preference would be the good Father Pembrooke, as he was originally a Ravenloft character, but I don't know how well he'd fit into Cole's story; a near-pacifist Anglican priest might not get along too well with a Kargat agent.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Not to mention the oddness of the other individual in the room.
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Father Pembrooke can deal perfectly well with oddness. When your adopted daughter is a psychic Gypsy who may or may not be schizophrenic, and your job has had you dealing with everything from morally ambiguous Romanian nobility to Cthonic gods, odd is a very relative term.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Then join in! :wink: You'll find new definitions for oddness here. Like depending on a brooding mind flayer. :D
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Three questions for the GM, then:

First, on character origin. As originally written, he was from London. If it's desired that characters be from Ravenloft, Paridon is the obvious choice.

Second, on character build. In his primary incarnation, he would be best built as an Expert with a minor psionic Wild Talent; in his first, short-lived incarnation, he was a cleric, albeit one surprised to find that God answered his prayers so overtly. It's simply a question of which fits better into the ongoing plot.

Thirdly, on introducing him to the plot. While Cole would probably take it in stride if a man in clerical vesments simply walked into the room, inquiring as to whether Mr. Deschain had seen a girl, about 12, Eastern European, possibly speaking to things no one else could see, there might be a better way to perform the introduction.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Robert_Pembrooke wrote:Three questions for the GM, then:

First, on character origin. As originally written, he was from London. If it's desired that characters be from Ravenloft, Paridon is the obvious choice.
Due to my practise of using NPCs from the PC's past I'd prefer Paridon than Earth. However other places in Ravenloft may also be appropriate after I see his sketch.
Second, on character build. In his primary incarnation, he would be best built as an Expert with a minor psionic Wild Talent; in his first, short-lived incarnation, he was a cleric, albeit one surprised to find that God answered his prayers so overtly. It's simply a question of which fits better into the ongoing plot.
Despite more recent additions to the Walks thread the average level is fairly high. This said if you wish to use the expert class you are more than welcome to. Also feel free to use a prestige class you think may be suitable if it will better help reflect your character.
Thirdly, on introducing him to the plot. While Cole would probably take it in stride if a man in clerical vesments simply walked into the room, inquiring as to whether Mr. Deschain had seen a girl, about 12, Eastern European, possibly speaking to things no one else could see, there might be a better way to perform the introduction.
Introduction wise we shouldn't need to worry. Once I have some stats and a sketch I can slip him in without too much effort through arrangements I planned a while ago. Plus the Context thread really has a goal of forming a new party (the Church thread or 'The lies and treachery' thread as it is now, had its party well established months ago).