A halfling sits down (OOC5)

The Halfling campaign
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

VAN wrote: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I think we should talk about that! Not with you alhoon, with Ixevim.

I think someone should explain to Ixevim what mean ally! :lol:
And Ixevim will think that you're insane. Then he will explain his views to you and you wouldn't understand. On the other side, if you did understand you would have to make a madness save with a DC 10 + 6 +4 =20.

Ixevim is an allien mind!
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

No he is absolutely normal. We are the allien minds! :lol:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

In fact Ixevim and the rest of you are just different. PS try to probe his thoughts now VAN. You would end up (if you lost the save) to

1) Minor madness: Your mind would shut down and you'd forget a few hours trying to come over the shock.

2) Moderate madness: a. You would believe that you need to eat brains and that they are vital to your existance and prosperity (instead of delusion)
b. You would believe that mind flayers are truly the superior creatures and you would offer your pathetic self to the true thinking mind flayers (not Ixevim) for food and labor. Also you would try to protect the mind flayer ideals with all your powers.
c. You believe that Mind flayers and the elder brain have formed a link with your mind, talking to you and berating you for your inferior nature. It is a distraction. (Hallucinations)
d. You believe that many of the people around you are pawns in a large fight between mind flayers and this tentacle creature that goes on for generations. They plan to control YOU and put you in their fight. Ixevim is clearly trying to manipulate you and sacrifice you to fight this creature. Where is Heinrich? Obviously he was working for this creature as a spy and now plans to use the information he has to sell you out to mind flayers or this type of creature (or both). Artemis? This traitor had a reason to lead us in this tavern. All become clear now!
(Paranoia)

3. Major madness:a. You die
b. You become catatonic slave, not even defending yourself unless a mind flayer orders you to do it. (Catatonia)
c. Each time you're socked you have a chance to vend out your trauma by killing people and eating their brains. You don't care if they are innocent etc. your alignment shifts to C. Evil for the effect. Then you'll have to deal with the remorse of having killed a child to eat his brain. ( instead of Schizophrenia).
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Coan, since you have told me that Kimuriel have only a -2, I have edited my last post.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Barovia's safe right? As long as we don't draw attention right? :x Now Ixevim is in mind flayer form and he will kill a human (at least). I believe he will have a hard time convincing Barovians that he didn't have anything to do with the madness going on down there. He will be pictured as the villain! :cry:

There isn't any other exit from the cellar except the stairs that Ixevim guards, right?
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

alhoon wrote:Barovia's safe right? As long as we don't draw attention right? :x Now Ixevim is in mind flayer form and he will kill a human (at least). I believe he will have a hard time convincing Barovians that he didn't have anything to do with the madness going on down there. He will be pictured as the villain! :cry:

There isn't any other exit from the cellar except the stairs that Ixevim guards, right?
There is no exit that has been noted.

I wonder what happens if a Mindflayer eats a brain plagued by madness... I can't imagine it is pleasant. Thoughts?
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

To mind flayer all human brains are filled with madness. :)
And while you can play it as you want, the mind flayers don't feed on "thoughts" but on gray matter, so it isn't important if the mind is diseased so far as the brain is functioning.
But yes, as for taste the experienced mind and the smart guys taste better. Orcs taste bad, humans taste better, adventurers taste good and adventuring wizards are a delicasy. Dominated people taste far worse than free thinking.
That's why the mind flayers prefer to keep creatures captured in pits instead of just dominating them and then eating them.

Since madness in a way . . . frees the mind and gives strange experiences (like walls talking to you or 20 different minds in a brain) the brain of a madman tastes better and has a more exotic and rare taste.

PS Info on how a brain tastes for MFlayers can be found in Lords of Darkness only. The Illithiad was lacking in this so important information.
My DMGuild work!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

2 clarifications:

1) Ixevim isn't going anywhere without the captives since they are his best chance to find out about the strange creature

2) I'm not doing all this commotion to bring Ixevim in the center of attention or to make his "alieness" shine! I have Ixevim react like this, because I believe Ixevim would react like this.
This as an answer to VAN's protests (half an hour over the phone :x) and as a clarification to anyone else wondering why Ixevim acts so stupidly and risks so much.

Playing a mind flayer isn't easy VAN, they are strange. I'm not doing random acts here so that Ixevim may seem strange, I gave a full extra page on info on why he acts so strangly.
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

You have changed your mind though! Ixevim didn’t do what you have said to me yesterday. He didn’t start unleash mind blasts all around, now he wants to go! And I think the sentence with the doctor was mine! :lol:

And for the record I think you play Ixevim perfectly, a mind flyer would do exactly the same. I would affront the situation with different way. :P
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

The situation was far from what you have described to me! You said there is a crowd coming down to the stairs, where the crowd is panicked and not hindering Ixevim in the least!
And I said that Ixevim wouldn't go without the captives, I didn't say he wouldn't go at all.
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I finally got a 20 die here! That means I can finally roll Kimuriel saves myself! That means that he will probably loose all his fortidute saves despite his +12 ! Why? Alhoon knows... I don't have luck in dice. Despite that, I'm happy! :D :D :D
- W H A T ! ? !
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

alhoon wrote:OOC> Vallaki? You could have teleported us in Vallaki all along? Kimuriel is from Barovia, so he could say so and take us where we need to go.
Valaki is the only name of a town I knew in Barovia! Besides we had the carriage, we could not go with teleport.

Kimuriel is from Sithicus, his father was from Barovia. Kimuriel has also lived many years in Barovia and was in a party there, Nessemor was the cleric of the party. He is Barovian and he lives...in Valaki! :roll: :lol:
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

The name was Necemor Van.
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Well there is probably some clues picked up and everything now. Rest assured perhaps one of the bigger changes for the Halfling walks is to occur in the next week.

Tadelin and Robert will soon be full time posting and I hope to have solved the issue of staggered rping for the group (I realise I am responsible for this and am going to fix it as you may have caught on).
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

alhoon wrote:The name was Necemor Van.
The name wasNecemor. Now is Nessemor. I didn't know how you had written it when I posted it. :roll:
Coan wrote:Well there is probably some clues picked up and everything now. Rest assured perhaps one of the bigger changes for the Halfling walks is to occur in the next week.
We are ready when you are Coan. :wink:
- W H A T ! ? !