The God Brain is back...

Discussing all things Ravenloft
The_God_Brain
Conspirator
Conspirator

The God Brain is back...

Post by The_God_Brain »

Some of you may remember The God Brain from The Malodorous Goat Tavern. Those of you who do can now tremble at the return of the mighty God Brain. Those of you who don't....should tremble anyway.

So...how have you all been? Did you enjoy my stories in the netbook?
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Yay God Brain is here.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

You found the way! :)

Welcome back!

Joël
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Yay for boobies!
You want we should post pictures of topless Emma Caulfield in celebration?
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Welcome back God Brain :)
Swallow your soul!
Reginald de Curry
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Reginald de Curry »

Gemathustra wrote:Yay for boobies!
Dang, beat me to it. :x

Welcome back to Heck, G-B. Enjoy your stay, because we will never let you leave. (Insert Twilight Zone theme music here.)
Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so, Brain, but didn't we give up ritual murder for Lent?
The_God_Brain
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The_God_Brain »

Gemathustra wrote:Yay for boobies!
You want we should post pictures of topless Emma Caulfield in celebration?
Yes. Yes I do.
The_God_Brain
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The_God_Brain »

Reginald de Curry wrote:
Welcome back to Heck, G-B. Enjoy your stay, because we will never let you leave. (Insert Twilight Zone theme music here.)
God Brain does not intend to leave. In fact, God Brain has some stuff It has written that It would like to submit to the website. God Brain is both intruiged and disgusted by the discover that there is so little material on Blutespur availible. God Brain seeks to remedy this problem.

Coming soon: the secret (and true) history of Blutespur...strait from the God Brain's mo-- um, Brain. Yeah.

More to come.

Good to see you guys again.
The Nightmare Man
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Nightmare Man »

This is one domain that I've never really read that much about, so I'm looking forward to your work on this, G-B 8).

BTW, for reference purposes, which 2e tome was Blutespur detailed in? Islands of Terror perhaps?
"When she embraces
Your heart turns to stone
She comes at night when you are all alone
And when she whispers
Your blood shall run cold
You better hide before she finds you"
-- [i]Ice Queen[/i], Within Temptation
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Stygian Inquirer »

The Nightmare Man wrote:BTW, for reference purposes, which 2e tome was Blutespur detailed in? Islands of Terror perhaps?
It was also described in the 2e adventure Thoughts of Darkness.

Also, I would be delighted to see more information of Bluetspur, So God-Brain, I bring you the best regards from Hell, so that you may share your knowledge of Bluetspur with the rest of us.
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer
The_God_Brain
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The_God_Brain »

The Nightmare Man wrote:This is one domain that I've never really read that much about, so I'm looking forward to your work on this, G-B 8).

BTW, for reference purposes, which 2e tome was Blutespur detailed in? Islands of Terror perhaps?
Believe it or not, very little has been written about the origin of Blutespur. One attempt was made in a Book of S___, and while it was creative, if fell woefully short in several areas...one, it had a lackluster origin for The God Brain. Second, it failed to explain some key elements of Bluetspur, such as the racial deviations of the Thanni and the landscape of the domain. All such questions will be answered, and they will be answered with commentary by a fictional author, the Land of Mists' greatest Illithid Slayer, Bowe Vizzick of the Thanni.

As for my source material, in addition to some obvious 2nd edition Ravenloft material, I will draw upon The Illithiad, which has hints in it about the origin of The God Brain. Its subtle, but its there.

In addition, the following questions will be answered...

1. What is the God Brain's curse?
2. How or why did It and the illithid arrive in Ravenloft
3. Why is Bluetspur the way it is?
4. What the hell are they doing here?
5. Who are the Thanni and what the hell are THEY doing here?
6. Why did Bluetspur break away from the Core in the Grand Conjuction?
7. How powerful is The God Brain?
8. What are people doing about all these freakin' Illithid?

As to question number 7, lets put it this way: According to the Forgotten Realms Underdark supplement, an AVERAGE illithid elder brain is a large abberation that has a DC of 25, making it more powerful that about 90% of Ravenlofts Darklords. The God Brain is a colossal abberation with domain powers, making It quite possibly the most powerful Darklord in the ENTIRE LAND OF MISTS. The implications this has on the rest of the Demiplane, as well as the questions it raises (why the hell has the damned thing conquored the whole plane?) are intruiging, but not so intruiging as their answers.

You can expect this supplement by next summer, at the latest. Good day.

P.S. I was flattered to see that the site has a link to my old Solorus netbooks. I had forgotten all about them. That almost makes up for having my bio left out of the Ravenloft fiction net book, even though it contained two of stories. Almost.
[url]http://www.soundclick.com/godbrain[/url] check out my music.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Alright folks, come one come all. It's time for the Fists in the Mists, the clash of the titans.

In one corner, soaking in a mass of briny goo devouring the tadpoles of lesser Illithids is the more powerful of the 100% cerebral Ravenloftian Big Bads and the darklord so powerful it can only be called a deity. Let’s hear it for the GOD BRAAAAAIN!

And in the other corner, crouched in the eternal blackness of the dimension of shadow is the sorcerer fiend himself, he who once enslaved and entire race of dark fey and the possessor of a hand with thirteen fingers! Let’s all hear it for GWYDION!

Now taking bets. Form a que and no pushing.
Greywolf
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Greywolf »

Welcome G.B , Im also interested in Blutespur and look forward to your source book or articles on the domain. Like most Ive had little run in with Blutespur other then in The book of S and in thoughts of Darkness but was left with the same questions that you are going to answer, I look forward to it in the future.

And on the bet I choose God Brain at two to one odds, after all he may be the only being powerful enough to open Gwydions prison, intersting campeign plot ehh.
With every breath the air grows stale, Deathly cold winds howl and wail. Raging thunder pounds like drums, When something wicked this way comes
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

David of the Frat wrote:Alright folks, come one come all. It's time for the Fists in the Mists, the clash of the titans.

In one corner, soaking in a mass of briny goo devouring the tadpoles of lesser Illithids is the more powerful of the 100% cerebral Ravenloftian Big Bads and the darklord so powerful it can only be called a deity. Let’s hear it for the GOD BRAAAAAIN!

And in the other corner, crouched in the eternal blackness of the dimension of shadow is the sorcerer fiend himself, he who once enslaved and entire race of dark fey and the possessor of a hand with thirteen fingers! Let’s all hear it for GWYDION!

Now taking bets. Form a que and no pushing.
Can we have the battle take place in the swamps of Souragne? That way we could have Anton Misroi decide to bust them up in true comicbook fashion when he decides to join the fray and the others can't defeat him as he keeps sinking into the swamp after each attack he makes, fully regenerating him.

Or better yet, have them duke it out in Scaena, on the stage where Juste is telling his version of Hamlet. That would make very interesting viewing.

Oh, and I place the life savings of al the FoS on Gwydion.
Swallow your soul!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I think you'll have trouble selling tickets to that one, what with the warning you'll have to put out: WARNING: viewing this spectacle may induce horror checks with DC > 30.

Welcome back God Brain. Looking forward to your Bluetspur work. The question I'd most like to see answered is: What did this particular elder brain do to be more evil than all the others? (Always the problem with evil-species darklords). IIRC, the BoS version did a decent job of it by making him human to begin with, which allows for a fall into darkness. But most illithids are already firmly evil.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."