Treachery, lies and secrets

The Halfling campaign
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim sends Artemis a telepathic message.
"Artemis, what is within these crates? Also we should be careful. I believe that about 9/10th of Pieter's followers just shifted their loyalties to Ivana Boritsi!
Some have received pardons, some have been executed but most have gone unnoticed either as Pieter's followers or now as Boritsi's followers. And nobody seems to care that they were Pieter's followers!"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Heinrich stowed what little he had to carry and eyed Artemis carefully, he was glad the diplomate was continuing on with them, all the better for him to keep and eye on the traitor. He almost overlooked Rossette in her disguise until he realised exactly who it was, not from the appearance, but from the way she carried herself. He limped over to her and whispered quietly in her ear.

"Miss, I would not carry yourself so formally, servants do not have such gait in their movements and appearance, mimic those servants ou have seen in your life, it may save you until we leave this land."

He winked at her quickly and looked back at the manor, wondering when, if ever he would return. he had promised Nostalia that he would and he would do all her could to fill that promise.
Swallow your soul!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Rosette nodded under her illusion and forced herself into acting more like the servants she resembled. At the same time Artemis dismissed Ixevim's concerns.

"It doesn't matter old sport, soon we will be out of here and with what has happened recently I doubt the arm of the revolution can reach very far to harm us. As for the crates, some are my old things that were salvaged from the explosion -most are just provisions for us, as well as one or two items for trade once we reach Hazlan. I've heard it has changed quite considerably since we were last there. Any ideas on where we should go first when we get there?"
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel is silent and just osserves the preparations. When everything is ready he goes closer to Artemsi and says:

"Do you know the way to Hazlan Artemis? Because I don't, I have gone a couple of time there, but from a different way, from Sithicus. "
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

As Ixevim gives a human shrug to show he is not sure, Artemis looks to Kimuriel.

"Why the Crimson Road of course, along the Luna River. Which you may note is just down there." he pointed south-east and Kimuriel could see the dropping landscape towards a river. "This whole place isn't very well defended from attack but it resides near some of the most important trade routes and of course scenic beauty. Once we pass Borcan borders we can travel through Barovia as quickly as possible, hopefully enlisting the service of a Vardo and its Vistani. Otherwise we continue to Teufeldorf and south into Kartakass and west in Hazlan. The quickest route by road and river we can possibly have if the landscape hasn't changed to much again." he looked up at the sky and smiled as the sun rose "All aboard! Let's get moving!"

With that he opens a door and climbs up to the driver's seat. Giving a final look back the group takes off left wondering about the distant exotic lands awaiting them and just what fate had in store for them next.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

With some effort Heinrich climbed up onto the vehicle and picked up each of the 4 crossbows he had requested in turn, inspecting and loading the weapons, ready for use, should they be needed. In their travels here he had been unprepared as far as missile weapons were concerned, he was not to be caught out again. Happy that each weapon was functioning proplery and loaded, he replaced them back in the small rack and took up position next to them. He repositioned himself into a more comfortable place and rested his cane out of the way, but not so far out of the way that it could be retrieved with without difficulty.
Swallow your soul!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel shrugs.

“I don’t know which way is faster, but I don’t trust the Vistani very much. But since you are the driver, you can pick any road you want.”

With that Kimuriel goes in the wagon and gets a seat beside Heinrich, near the window. He likes look out when he travels.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

A day on the road has passed. Rural farms and villages passed by the carriage as the party went on. Ixevim has spent the day studying his resonance stone, talking with Artemis about arcana and spells, to Kimuriel about psionics and with Heinrich about battle tactics. He avoided speaking to Rosette, and they exchanged a few words in the day.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Heinrich hated the tedium of long travels, especially those by vehicle, he would rather be marcjing but his legs would not be any good for that fo a while yet. He fished about in a small pouch fixed to his belt and pulled out a set of dice made of bone. He turned to Kimuriel.

"Fancy your luck in a game of chance?"
Swallow your soul!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel quirks an eyebrow and looks the dices.

“I have never played a game with dices before. I used to play only cards. If you tell me the rules I’ll be glad to play, the time in that travel seems to pass very slowly and a little fun is what we need.”
- W H A T ! ? !
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Heinirch laughs loudly, Kimuriel will be a fun playing partner.

"The rules are quite simple my friend, one of us rolls the bones, the other must beat it, a pair is only beaten by a higher pair, a triple only beaten by a triple. If you roll 4 skulls you lose the hand. Pretty simple enough I think. Once you get used to that I'll explain some of the more complicated rolls and so forth."

He offered Kimuriel the dice to allow him to go first.
Swallow your soul!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel gets the dice and shrugs; he thought that the game would be more complicated. He always enjoyed playing cards because he liked calculate the possibilities and especially bluffing. He has won many times an important amount of money bluffing. So, this game seems very simple to him, but from doing nothing, even this game is better.

He moves the dices between his hands and tosses them.

“Ha, a pair of 4 and a 7! Beat me if you can.”

Says smiling, as he handles the dices back to Heinrich.

OOC> The dice are 4 right?
Last edited by VAN on Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

OOC: There are four dice ;)

IC:
Heinrich took the dice back and rolled them, he scored a double 3, a 2 and a skull, if only he had rolled better.

"Heh, seems you win this hand, but there are more rules to come. For instance, if you roll only a single or double skull, they are discounted, so my fourth dice has no effect on my hand. However, if you roll three, the double counts and the third acts like a wildcard and can represent any number. So If I have rolled a triple skull with the 3, my score would have been better than your own. The highest number on each dice is the Skull, even though it also represents a 1 normally."

With that he hands the dice back to Kimuriel.
Swallow your soul!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> Please Wiccy no more dice rules I’m confused!

IC> Kimuriel gets the dice but instead of tosses them himself, he handles them to Rosette.

“Would you like to play with us miss? It’s isn’t very difficult, it needs only luck.”

Then Kimuriel turns to Ixevim:

“And what about you Ixevim? Do you want to play? We can make a kind of tournament if you like.”

At the same time the half-elf’s eyes flashed and a missive reaches Heinrich’s mind:

“It’s isn’t polite to play in front of them and even ask them to join us.”

Ixevim’s blank face turns to Kimuriel.

“No thanks, I prefer only watching for now.”
- W H A T ! ? !
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Heinrich nodded his reply.

"Anyone is free to join in if they wish, it's a better way to pass the time than watch the scenery roll past."
Swallow your soul!