Batman Begins

Books, movies, television and everything else
Shoon VII
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Shoon VII »

took off of work to see it on opening day. i loved the way the city of Gotham was depicted. in this respect, BB was much better than the Burton films.
Perilous to us all are the devices of an art deeper than we possess ourselves.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

This movie gave me a hint what THIS place really is...

To WHAT secret cabal does Liam say that they belong? - WHAT is the name of the organization that plots Gotham's destruction?

ahem...

Surely the Great Six, errh, Eight sit around a table every few weeks and play bingo to check out who's this month's Rhaz Al Ghul...

:shock:
*Oh mommy! ... I am looking for Ray Finkle... And a clean pair of shorts.*
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Few days ago, I've seen again the first Batman movie. I have noticed some differences between this and the batman begins. First, the cave was very diiferent, second at the end of "Batman Begins" Batman finds a card with Joker and understands that there is a new criminal named joker, but at the first movie we should wait for at least 45 min before Jack Nickolson fell to this strange liquid and being deformed and then dcide to be joker. Thee third difference is that at Begins movie we see that only one guy kills Bruse's parents, but in the other one we see that there are 2 of them!

I think the film director should have noticed all these details before do the film.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

VAN wrote:Few days ago, I've seen again the first Batman movie. I have noticed some differences between this and the batman begins. First, the cave was very diiferent, second at the end of "Batman Begins" Batman finds a card with Joker and understands that there is a new criminal named joker, but at the first movie we should wait for at least 45 min before Jack Nickolson fell to this strange liquid and being deformed and then dcide to be joker. Thee third difference is that at Begins movie we see that only one guy kills Bruse's parents, but in the other one we see that there are 2 of them!

I think the film director should have noticed all these details before do the film.
Batman Begins is a reimagining of the Batman franchise, it really has nothing to do with the Burton films. The only problem I have with the Joker nod in Begins is that it is established that Batman created the Joker when he dropped him in acid (though the circumstances change, but it is detailed at least once in The Killing Joke).
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Ivana_Boritsi
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Ivana_Boritsi »

If they do the Joker in the next Batman movie, my bet is that they'll do his origin, and have Batman as the impetus. The Joker card is probably just a calling card for Jack Napier, but I'll bet that he actually becomes the Joker in the next movie...

That is, if they even go with the Joker....
Now I know, now I can divine. The reign of man is over, and He has come....

-Guy De Maupassant
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

VAN wrote:I think the film director should have noticed all these details before do the film.
I agree with Drinnik in that this movie doesn't (and isn't meant to) pick up where the other movies left off. It is a reimaging and goes in its own new directions. I certainly understand your disappoint in the break of continuality, but differences in the batcave or the number of killers seem to be rather minor points.

VAN wrote:Batman finds a card with Joker and understands that there is a new criminal named joker, but at the first movie we should wait for at least 45 min before Jack Nickolson fell to this strange liquid and being deformed and then dcide to be joker.
Actually, Gordon shows Batman a joker card that was left at the scene of a murder and explains that a new criminal also seems to have a knack for dramatic flair. I took the nod to indicate that Batman understood the problem moreso than recognized the particular villian in question. However, I definitely agree that it seems to create the Joker from midair without providing the details of his past and/or persona creation...
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Le Noir Faineant

I just CAN'T believe that noone mentioned that Rhaz Al Ghul belongs to the FRATERNITY OF SHADOWS!!!

:soth:
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Desdichado wrote:I just CAN'T believe that noone mentioned that Rhaz Al Ghul belongs to the FRATERNITY OF SHADOWS!!!
He wishes..... 8)
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Now that you mentioned it, I happened to eat such a man's brain a few weeks ago. He was silly faced, with a goatee and a nice sword. He was quite good with the sword (but not good enough 8) ), and said some peculiar things about a "microwave weapon" that blasted him to another dimension etc. In fact, his memories contained some info about a pupil that turned his back on him, a strange hallucination drug and other things from the movie.

Simply: He would be a member of the Frat if I hadn't waylayed him outside the manor and ate his brain. :roll:

Oh, and I sent a bunch of the proposed drug to Crackhedmo! (If anyone that remembers this one).

About the movie: I didn't liked it very much and the start was quite weak IMO. Bruce destroyed singlehandely the headquarters of such an organization and defeated about 100 elite trained legion soldiers.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Le Noir Faineant

:twisted: Save your jokes for another occasion. :wink: For who followed the dialogues with attention, might remember Raz saying just before he initializes Bruce into the organization that he and his men form the *Fraternity Of Shadows* (at least this was the German translation).

I always knew that our true goals were not to keep a roleplaying game alive. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I always suspected that we were behind world domination.
Besides, I'd say that we team up in such Ninja costumes at the next Con. That's stylish.

*brabble brabble*

*headache*

:Brain:
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

The original English version says the "League of Shadows."

Which is a watered down version of the comic name for the group, which is the League of Assassins.

Don't blame 'em- league of shadows sounds like it'll help you pick up chicks. League of Assassins sounds like many long nights alone perched on somebody's balcony...
Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Le Noir Faineant

Cole Deschain wrote:The original English version says the "League of Shadows."

Which is a watered down version of the comic name for the group, which is the League of Assassins.
Ah, my mistake then. :wink:
Cole Deschain wrote: Don't blame 'em- league of shadows sounds like it'll help you pick up chicks. League of Assassins sounds like many long nights alone perched on somebody's balcony...

I'd say FRATERNITY OF SHADOWS helps you to become mighty, loved and famous! :mrgreen:

:soth:
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Nahh, I think that it wasn't Fraternity of Shadows behind all this for a very simple reason, because if it was Bruce for sure could not defeat them! :lol:

Imagine the scene: Batman with his sword in hand, tenced looks around. The whole room filled with unconscius or dead bodies seems empty. Batman however knows that someone else is hidding in the room. He looks once more the ceiling but he sees nothing particular. He steps forward to go out and then... he faces one of Fraternity of Shadows members or one of the many wandering monsters of the Manor. You are able to choose which you like, alhoon, Socko, Azalin. Ivana Boritsi, one of the 3 Strahds or Drusilla. What chance he can have! :twisted: :P
Last edited by VAN on Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Corrupted_Loremaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Corrupted_Loremaster »

Hmm...Drusilla/Joker teamup...I think I'd rather not try to visualize that. I lose enough sleep as it is.