New WE file for MotRD

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Joël of the FoS

New WE file for MotRD

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Mesdames, messieurs,

The Fraternity of Shadows has the pleasure of introducing a new web enhencement PDF file for the Masque of the Red Death book.

It features fixes, and new interesting material.

Click here to get your copy!

Thank you Rucht for this file!

I'm sure Rucht wouldlike some feedback on this file, so please comment!

Joël
Last edited by Joël of the FoS on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Well here's some feedback ;)

Post by Charney »

Hey I’m reading it and this web enhancement almost make me want to start a new Masque campaign. So good work here Rucht :D

Some specific comments:

About firearms, I like the idea of how you applied rules for reliability. You forgot to put the shotgun though, same on you ;)
I like how you handle linguistic rules, for me, it makes sense and it’s realistic.

The feats are all very well made except the sniper feat which seems a little unbalancing in my opinion. The two feats to accumulate linguistic and knowledge skills are very useful too.

About the Marqued campaign: Well I like the concept and it’s rare that I like campaign ideas so it’s a great compliment I’m telling you. When I was reading it, it screamed: Demon Knight (From the Tales of the Crypt mini-movie) where the hero is hunted by demons because he caries the blood of Jesus Christ. I already had ideas how to put it into my games
Oh and what a neat idea this Living blood side-effect… hehe.

About the Thule, it’s a nice idea for recurring villains in a campaign. I like how the main NPC was wrote-up. Still, I never heard of the Thule before.
Also, I suppose you need the Masque campaign setting to understand what are the Foreigners (Cthulhu like beings?)

Overall, nice web enhancement Rucht, 4 drops of blood!
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Hello Rucht,

Just started looking at your file. I just want to say THANK YOU for you time and effort. To me, gestures like these show how generous the RL community is. And also thank you to the developpers who allowed this to be released I assume.

Patrick
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rucht Lilavivat »

Ah. I think I see the problem. It should say that the Sniper feat takes a standard action. That means that you could, at best, make a single sniper shot every other round.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

I think the languages rule could be implemented in Ravenloft too, or any setting where there is no "Common" language. I really like what I've read, but my printer is having a fit and reading off screens can give me a headache after a while, so I've not read it all yet.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Stygian Inquirer »

I have been reading the Web Enhancement and LOVE IT! Thanks Rucht for all your hard work.

I do have one scruple though... I love the new weapons, but what do they cost?
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Thank you, Rucht! Splendid stuff! :)
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Is the firearm table completely full for for everyone? It's not for me. I think I may have an old copy of Adobe.
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:Is the firearm table completely full for for everyone? It's not for me. I think I may have an old copy of Adobe.
There are no prices for firearms in the table.
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I've only got a description and what criticals they are, no other information.
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The prices for the weapons can be found on p. 135 of the Masque of the Red Death d20 book. Right where it specifies handgun and longarm.

The Spencer Rifle is a repeating carbine, as described in the Web Enhancement. The Winchester Rifle is a repeating rifle, and the Buffalo Rifle is a breech rifle.
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Rucht Lilavivat wrote: The Spencer Rifle is a repeating carbine, as described in the Web Enhancement. The Winchester Rifle is a repeating rifle, and the Buffalo Rifle is a breech rifle.
*Takes his little Wild-West-Duelist miniature and makes sounds like: Kaboom! Kaboom!*

Good morning everyone!

:)
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:I've only got a description and what criticals they are, no other information.
There is more information on the .pdf. It may indeed be your file reader.
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Rucht Lilavivat wrote:The prices for the weapons can be found on p. 135 of the Masque of the Red Death d20 book. Right where it specifies handgun and longarm.

The Spencer Rifle is a repeating carbine, as described in the Web Enhancement. The Winchester Rifle is a repeating rifle, and the Buffalo Rifle is a breech rifle.
I couldn't find any descriptions but I see what you mean by using the Rate of Fire to determine what kind of weapon it is. Also, in the MotRD book, there is no pocket revolver. Do I price it the same as a Navy Pistol because they are similar weapons based on the RoF?
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I would price the pocket revolver to be equal to the navy pistol, yes.

As for descriptions of what each weapon is and how it's unique from the others...no the descriptions were no included, because the web enhancement was supposed to be an addenda.

Probably a web enhancement 1.5 needs to come out with the write up of each firearm.

Until then, here's a quick, quick breakdown of each weapon.

Derringers: Small, hand-held pistols that fit into the palm of the hand. Easily concealed, but only effective at close range. The weapon used to kill Abraham Lincoln was a Derrigner-type weapon.

Pocket Pistol: Small guns used primarily by gamblers and ne'r-do-wells for concealing in the pants. Larger then the Derringer, but smaller than a normal pistol. Easy to conceal and holds more bullets than a Derrigner, but notoriously inaccurate, unrealiable, and ineffective.

Navy Pistol: This is refers to the Navy-issue of the Colt revolver, which was smaller than its army cousin. Though smaller, the Navy pistol was a tad more accurate.

Army Pistol: This weapon is the famous Colt Single-Action Army Revolver, which is featured in many western films. Known to be a reliable weapon with alot of stopping power. Here's a link for more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Single_Action_Army

Carbine: A carbine is a shorter version of the rifle. The Spencer carbine is the weapon featured in the movie "Unforgiven."

The Winchester: This is a lever-action rifle that is also featured in many western films. The Winchester rifle is a superior weapon that is realiable, accurate, easy to cock, and easy to reload. It transformed the Wild West as well as warfare around the globe. You'll note that Quincy, in the novel Dracula calls for the use of Winchesters. A little game note - the overseer of the Winchester Rifle company is the Window Sarah Winchester, who is featured in the back of the Masque d20 book.

The Buffalo Rifle: This weapon was used often in Safari or on hunts. It is extremely large, with a very long barrel. The noise that it makes is deafening. Very deadly, but slow to use.