No Dungeon!!!
75%

Total votes: 48

Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Re: re

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Desdichado wrote:About 4 months from now, on 06 Jan 2006, exactly one year after I joined these message boards, I want at least 9 of the proposed 18 articles in my greedy fingers.
I don't forsee this being much of a problem. The next month or so will be rather busy as the Fraternity works on wrapping up a couple of our own projects, I should be able to find the time to draft up a couple pages for an NPC.

Jack of Tears wrote:Well, I'm not involved in this, so my opinion probably doesn't count for much, but I'd rather not have the connection between the characters be a prophecy. As a representative of your reader base I can say I've had more than my fill of prophecies in gaming books.
Since this is Daisy's project, it is ultimately his call. However, I would think that any and all imput would be appreciated. A fresh insight from an outside source can always be beneifical as a project continues to grow and develop.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: re

Post by JinnTolser »

Jack of Tears wrote:Sorry if it seems like I'm interfering here, feel free to tell me if I'm out of place making suggestions.
Yes, how DARE you express your opinion here!
Just kidding. :D You do raise a good point; prophecy does seem overdone. I like some of the ideas you pitched, any of them could work as a unifying theme.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

YARRR!

I am back, with tons of pictures from ancient ruins...

About the overall theme of the book, I'd suggest that we discuss this when we see what critters we will present, i. e. we have some of the articles put together. Then I can send a rough version of the book to you all, and then we can discuss the articles and their connection in the group. :)

Any submissions to send me already?

:twisted:
Le Noir Faineant

Now, for you other to judge me:

All my four submissions would describe characters from other gaming worlds, no natives.

However, all characters have a certain history in the mists, so, of course, except short descriptions of their background, nothing out-Ravenloft would be in the articles... (Except some magic tools maybe...)

Here's my list (Just a reminder):

- Ivid the Bowman, LN human Ranger 22 (Greyhawk)

- Merowech Rednose, CN Redcap Gnome Rogue 4/ Cleric of Odir 4/ Shootist 4 (Blackmoor)... You might remember Merowech from the shortlived *Travels of the Core*.

- The Black Sluggard, NE dwarven Fighter 8/Blackguard 5 (Birthright)

- Edmond St. Michelle, LG human Fighter 8 (Erde/The Rings of Brass)

So, what do you think? Are Non-natives appropriate for our netbook?

Yours,

Rafael
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

I think a few non-natives can be squeezed in, so long as a few points are kept in mind:

1. There shouldn't be more than a few. This is, after all, a Ravenloft netbook;

2. They should have significant backstories since entering the Mists. No fresh arrivals, IMO;

3. If they can beat Strahd, Azalin, or even the average Darklord in a straight-up fight, you might want to consider dumbing them down a bit.
Le Noir Faineant

JinnTolser wrote: 1. There shouldn't be more than a few. This is, after all, a Ravenloft netbook;
As far as I know, I am the only one who wants to present outsiders, so it should be okay.
JinnTolser wrote: 2. They should have significant backstories since entering the Mists. No fresh arrivals, IMO;
Of course, my figures are all experienced dwellers in the Mists... Except the tormented Merowech, maybe... :wink:
JinnTolser wrote: 3. If they can beat Strahd, Azalin, or even the average Darklord in a straight-up fight, you might want to consider dumbing them down a bit.
Errr... I am eager that my *Ivid* maintains the stats he had when he fought and won against Vecna... :twisted: Strahd, beware! World's biggest munchkin lets his character loose in Barovia! :)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Just to remind you:
I'm still in the project. I haven't sent the alhoon, yet but I plan to do so. However, I'll not be able to finish the submission for some time.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Le Noir Faineant

alhoon wrote:Just to remind you:
I'm still in the project. I haven't sent the alhoon, yet but I plan to do so. However, I'll not be able to finish the submission for some time.
:wink: Never had a doubt about it, al.

Don't want to terrorize you and the others with my regular postings here. We are not under any kind of pressure. Still, I want to update your info from time time. :roll: Daisy seem to be some kind of hyperactive some days...
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Desdichado wrote:[Errr... I am eager that my *Ivid* maintains the stats he had when he fought and won against Vecna... :twisted: Strahd, beware! World's biggest munchkin lets his character loose in Barovia! :)
NO NO NO! I don't believe it, my Van will not be the most powerful munchkin in the netbook! :? Oh, I hope it will be at least the second. :wink:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Le Noir Faineant

My "Ivid* already has the fame of being a BBEG - butcher. For he wiped out Lareth the Beautiful (Temple of the Elemental Evil), Ivid the Overking (from Greyhawk as well) and then fought against Kas and Vecna in the Burning Peaks...

My personal DM version introduced him to a dak mirror of the Aerdy Kingdom (my first and only home made domain) and let him fight the darklord Xavener there as well...

Yeah, he's tough. Maybe not as tough as Azalin and Strahd, but certainly, Soth, Hazlik or even Harkon Lucas should be no match for him in a clean fight... (Especially with the new 3e rules for the ranger.) :twisted:
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

VAN wrote: NO NO NO! I don't believe it, my Van will not be the most powerful munchkin in the netbook! :? Oh, I hope it will be at least the second. :wink:
Dearest Sibling, :) my alhoon is more powerful than Van and perhaps Ivid.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Le Noir Faineant

Holy Hextor! Look at us! We are the munchkins par excellence! :D
Le Noir Faineant

So... What news? :)
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Is no news good news?
Le Noir Faineant

I think so... If not... I'll scratch, bite and torture everyone who steps back.

*Politely said.*

... WITH A VENGEANCE!

If you barely could handle him --> :wifred: , don't even think you can handle me!

:twisted: