Stats for Drinnik and Dottir

Coordinating community projects
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Stats for Drinnik and Dottir

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

I've statted out Drinnik, but I need someone to check them for me. I don't think the BAB is right:

Drinnik Shoehorn
Kargat Agent

Male Kender Fledgling Nosferatu Rog8/Ftr2/Cpo5: CR 17; Small humanoid (undead) (3ft. 5. in); HD 15d12, hp 98; Init +13; Spd 20 ft; AC 28, touch 19, flat footed 20; Base Atk: +11/+6/+1 melee +15/+10/+5 (Slam 1d4+3) or +17/+11/+7 (Hoopak 1d4+5) ranged +21/+16/+11 (Hoopak 1d4+2) SA Blood Drain, Dominate, Children of the Night, Create Spawn, +4d6 sneak attack, trap-finding, evasion, improved uncanny dodge; SQ DR 15/Magic and Silver, Turn Resistance +4, Resistance cold and electricity 10, Gaseous form, Spider Climb, Alternate form, Lunar Regeneration, Restful Sleep, Daylight Powerlessness, Trap-finding +2, Poison Use, Poison Mastery, Inventive Ingredients, Insidious Application; SR -; AL NE; SV Fort +6, Ref +19, Will +4: Str 16, Dex 26, Con -, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 20

Skills & Feats:

Appraise +11, Bluff +19*, Climb +8, Craft (Alchemy) +4, Craft (Poison making) +13, Disable Device +20, Gather Information +12, Handle Animal +9, Hide +23, Listen +4, Open Lock +23, Profession (Herbalism) +4, Search +8, Sleight of Hand +21, Spot +2

Alertness, Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Nimble Fingers, Skill Focus (Craft [Poison making])Tactile Trapsmith**

Signature Possessions
Hoopak +2, Bracelets of Armour+5, Ring of Protection +2, Vest of Escape, Dust of Sneezing and Choking

*Kender get a +4 racial bonus to Bluff checks when Taunting an opponent (See The Dragonlance Campaign Setting)
** See Complete Adventurer

EDIT: I've just realised, this was my 1000th post.
Last edited by Drinnik Shoehorn on Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Why don't you send it to Des? It would be good for the netbook.
What is the BAB of CoP?
PS. yeap, your BAB seem wrong enough. There is no way a small character would have a +3 for the 3rd attack, since he gets a +1 bonus for being small and a +3 from strength.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

+11/+6/+1 if Cpo has 3/4 BaB (What's Cpo anyways? Court poisoner?)
+1 size
+12/+7/+2

+3 str melee
+15/+10/+5

or
+8 Dex ranged
+1 on thrown and sling (does a hoopak have a sling on top?)
+21/+16/+11

Is there any fluff available on this character?
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Yes, Cpo is Court Poisoner.

Fluff from the MGN:
Background
Drinnik is not a native to the Demiplane of Dread. He is the only male born in the set of triplets by his mother. His sisters, Liseme and Niesme Shoehorn both recently disappeared; Niesme disappeared in an explosion in Mount. Nevermind and Liseme vanished from a tavern in Palanthas where she was staying with her Gully Dwarf friend Elmar Gludhp.

The trio last saw each other at the start of the War of the Lance. Liseme wanted to see the action from Kalaman, whilst Niesme decided to go to Mount Nevermind to help her gnome friend Heliopoighistophrigonomic, or Heliop for short. Drinnik, always the boldest of the three, decided to go to Neraka to see Takhisis’ temple with his own eyes. When he arrived he was captured by draconians and thrown into the temple's dungeons. There he was tortured by goblins, humans and draconian thugs for no other reason than because they where bored. This experience made Drinnik very bitter towards the world and made him worry for his sister’s safety. When he was finally released when the Innfellows stopped the Queen of Darkness he went straight to his family home in Kendermore. When he found out that his twin sisters had disappeared he fell into a state of depression that most kender had never seen until the arrival of the Great red Dragon Malystryx some fifty years later. Drinnik wandered the face of Krynn, searching for some information about his sisters.

When he tried Heliop in Mount. Nevermind he discovered that Niesme and a half-elven friend of hers had disappeared in an explosion. Paying no heed that the gnome frantically explained that no remains where found, Drinnik caved in the gnome’s skull with a hammer. He then found the tavern that Liseme had stayed in. The tavern’s owner said that she had been taken during the night and that no evidence of a struggle had been found. The next day the tavern was burned down after Drinnik ‘accidentally’ dropped a full wineskin of burning oil through a window. There where no survivors.

These pieces of news broke what remained of Drinnik’s sanity. He wandered from town to town, killing people when the mood took him. He was finally caught and taken to prison. Using the natural abilities of a kender, Drinnik escaped and fled. He ran until he found himself in the swamps surrounding Xak Tsaroth. He survived there for a couple of months, feeding on the snakes and crocodiles in the swamps and drinking from the sparse pools of clean, fresh water that he found.

Whilst exploring one day he found an oval hanging in the air that had white mists pouring out of it. With all the natural curiousness of a kender he entered the portal. When the mists had cleared he found himself in a strange land. He was actually in Darkon, just prior to the Grand Conjunction. After he had killed enough people to buy himself a room in a tavern he pondered what to do. He decided to become a bandit, making his money on the open road. He did this for about two months, unaware that all the time a Nosferatu member of Lord Azalin’s dread Kargat was watching him. The vampire made Drinnik an offer the kender couldn’t refuse, literally. After the ritual Drinnik joined the Kargat, where he rose through the ranks quickly to the point where Azalin realised the potential and ordered Drinnik and his master to Castle Avernus. Drinnik was totally subservient to his master, so Azalin thought it a reward to slay the vampire. Drinnik thought that this was unusual as Azalin prided himself on having a superb secret service, until the lich lord explained that the vampire had allowed some secret documents to fall into the hands of the lich’s most hated enemy, the vampire lord of Barovia, Count Strahd Von Zarovich.

Azalin used Drinnik for assassinations outside of Darkon and as a torturer inside the Grim Fastness. Drinnik was happy with this arrangement, until whilst performing an extended duty for his master, Azalin activated the Doomsday Device and destroyed Il Aluk.

After that Drinnik hired his services out to various Darklords, except Strahd who, thanks to Azalin, Drinnik hates.
It needs to be rewritten.
Augustus
Paladin
Paladin

Post by Augustus »

That last little bit about Drinnik selling his services seems...unwise. If Azalin knew about that, like he probably does already (he's a lich-scry what?) Drinnik will probably find himself being scheduled for execution by other Kargat. I don't know, just what I think. Other than that last paragraph, Drinnik seems like a good character I could see myself using in a future campaign as an NPC.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Augustus wrote:That last little bit about Drinnik selling his services seems...unwise. If Azalin knew about that, like he probably does already (he's a lich-scry what?) Drinnik will probably find himself being scheduled for execution by other Kargat. I don't know, just what I think. Other than that last paragraph, Drinnik seems like a good character I could see myself using in a future campaign as an NPC.
Like I said, that needs re-written. That history was written before Azalin's return. Drinnik's always been loyal to Azalin, when he worked for other people he collected information on them that he sent back to Lady Kazandra when the Kargat was reorganised. And, due to events in The Galen Saga, Drinnik's past has been retconned quite a bit. This old description makes no mention of Astranni Dottir, the mastermind behind the plan to do away with his Sire, or his rivalry with that weresnake after he was trained in poisonlore instead of her (hence his Cpo levels).
Last edited by Drinnik Shoehorn on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

As a vampire, Drinnik should have the Combat Reflexes, Lightning Reflexes and Alertness feats (Mobility was one of his bonus fighter feats) . He should also have two more feats because he's level 15 (I forgot them because I did his Cpo levels in one go, rather than the level-at-a-time approach I took for his Rog and Ftr levels)

Fixed now.
Last edited by Drinnik Shoehorn on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alhoon wrote:Why don't you send it to Des? It would be good for the netbook.
What is the BAB of CoP?
PS. yeap, your BAB seem wrong enough. There is no way a small character would have a +3 for the 3rd attack, since he gets a +1 bonus for being small and a +3 from strength.
I'm going to submit it as part of my campaign journal when my Campaign starts, I plan on using Drinnik and Amelia from the MGN. I've yet to as Iggy if I can re-stat Amelia.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

WHOA! Seems to me he has got alot more powerful over the years! :shock:

I need to write up a few of my Saga characters sometime soon, at least one of them will go to Daisy's netbook ;)
Swallow your soul!
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Astranni Dottir
Kargat Agent

Female Human Natural Weresnake Wiz5/Clr5/Mystic Theurge 5: CR 17; Medium Humanoid (Human, Shapechanger) (5ft. 7. in); HD 5d4+5d8+5d4+2d8, hp 85; Init +7 (+10 as hybrid or animal); Spd 20 ft (swim 20ft, climb 20ft as hybrid or animal); AC 19, touch 14, flat footed 17 (AC 22, touch 15, flat footed 17 as hybrid or animal); Base Atk: +7/+2 melee +10/+5 (Dagger +2 1d4+3) or (Rod of the Viper1d8+3[Poison 1d10 Con/1d10 Con DC 14]) +6/+1 (Claw 1d4-1 as hybrid) or (Dagger +2 1d4+2) or (Rod of the Viper 1d8+2 [Poison 1d10 Con/1d10 Con DC 14]) +11/+7 (Bite 1d6-1 + poison [1d6 Con/1d6 Con DC 11] as hybrid or animal) ranged +11/+6 (Sling +2 1d4+2) SA Poison Rebuke Undead plus Curse of Lycanthropy as hybrid or animal; SQ Alternate Form, DR 10/Silver (as hybrid or animal), Low Light Vision, Lycanthropic Empathy (snakes), Summon Familiar, Scent; SR -; AL NE; SV Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +16: Str 12, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 15, Cha 14 (Str 9, Dex 20, Con 12 as animal or hybrid) OR 2

Skills and Feats
Bluff +9, Climb +6, Concentration +17, Craft (Poison Making) +8, Decipher Script +8, Listen +6, Knowledge (Arcarna) +21, Knowledge (Monster Lore [Undead]) +10, Knowledge (Ravenloft) +6, Knowledge (Religion) +14, Sense Motive +12, Spellcraft +15, Spot +6

Alertness, Brew Potion, Craft Rod, Craft Staff, Craft Wondrous Item, Improved Control Shape, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Scribe Scroll, Silent Spell, Skill Focus (Knowledge [Arcarna]), Transdimensional Spell*, Weapon Finesse (Bite)

Signature Possessions
Amulet of Protection +5 (as Ring), Dagger +2, Sling +2, Sari of Resistance +3 (as Cloak), Rod of the Viper

*See Complete Divine

Wizard spell DC: 14 + spell level: (4/5/5/4/4/2)

Spellbook:

0th: All (Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Flare)
1st: Alarm, Cause Fear*, Charm Person*, Detect Undead, Feather Fall, Identify, Magic Missile* (x2), Protection from Good*, Reduce Person
2nd: Arcane Lock, Blindness/Deafness, Blur*, Bull’s Strength*, Invisibility, Melf’s Acid Arrow*, Scare, Scorching Ray*, Tasha’s Hideous Laughter*,
3rd: Daylight*, Dispel Magic*, Explosive Runes, Flame Arrow*, Haste, Hold Person*, Sepia Snake Sigil, Vampiric Touch, Water Breathing
4th: Arcane Eye*, Charm Monster*, Dimension Door*, Enervation, Stoneskin*, Wall of Fire, Wall of Ice
5th: Cloudkill, Cone of Cold*, Dominate Person*, Passwall, Teleport,

*Typical Spells memorised

Cleric Spell DC 12 + spell level: (6/5+1/5+1/3+1/3+1/2+1)

Deity: Kali

Domains: Destruction (+4 to hit/ +5 to damage 1/day), Healing (+1 caster level to healing spells)

Typical spells prepared:
0th: Create Water, Detect Poison, Guidance, Light, Mending, Read Magic
1st: Bless, Cure Light Wounds*, Death Watch, Entropic Shield, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith
2nd: Align Weapon, Darkness, Enthrall, Remove Paralysis, Shatter*, Silence
3rd: Cure Serious Wounds*, Daylight, Magic Vestment, Prayer
4th: Air Walk, Cure Critical Wounds*, Death Ward, Freedom of Movement
5th: Dispel Good, Mass Inflict Light Wounds*, Summon Monster
V

*Domain spells

Path of the Serpent:

Due to a failed powers check, Dottir has the following ability,

Level I: Taste Smell: Dottir can use her tongue to aid her Scent ability. This allows her to smell opponents with in 60ft. If the opponent is upwind, this increases to 120ft, if downwind 30ft. Overpowering scents can be detected at six times normal range. Also, she can pinpoint the exact location of her opponent by their smell. Because of this ability, her tongue is forked like a snake, giving her an OR of 2.

Familiar:

Sarpa
Tiny Viper Snake Dread Companion
: CR – ; Tiny magical beast; HD 15d8 hp 42; Init+3; Spd 15ft (climb 15ft, swim 15ft); AC 18 (touch 16, flat footed 15): Base Atk :+7/+2 Atk melee +10/+5 (bite 1 plus poison [1d6 Con/1d6 Con DC 10]) SA Poison SQ deliver touch spells, empathic link, improved evasion, speak with master SR -, AL NE, SV Fort +11 Ref +10 Will +15; Str 4 Dex 17, Con 11, Int 8, Wis 12 Cha 2
Jasper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jasper »

When I have the time I'll try and write up the pupetmasters stats.
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."
Anais Nin
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Hi Drin,

I'd be delighted if you would send me this for the frightful netbook we're cooking out over at RL project boards on this site, even if you publish it already in your Campaign Journal!

:)
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Desdichado wrote:Hi Drin,

I'd be delighted if you would send me this for the frightful netbook we're cooking out over at RL project boards on this site, even if you publish it already in your Campaign Journal!

I'm afraid I've already bookmarked them to appear in another netbook, one I'm working on myself that will, hopefully, be hosted on the site, sorry.
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:

I'm afraid I've already bookmarked them to appear in another netbook, one I'm working on myself that will, hopefully, be hosted on the site, sorry.

Yeah, Yeah, I understand... :diamabel: :wink:

What other netbook, btw? Have I missed an announcement, or will you enrivh soem QtR or USS with them?

Last edited by Le Noir Faineant on Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Desdichado wrote:
Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:

Yeah, Yeah, I understand... :diamabel: :wink:

What other netbook, btw? Have I missed anannouncement, or will you enrivh soem QtR or USS with them?

There's been no announcement. And the netbook? It's a secret.