This sounds promising...

Books, movies, television and everything else
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

This sounds promising...

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah ... rayalhouse

Has anyone already tried this game? Sounds intriguing...

Yours,

Rafael
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Have it, love it, play it often. It's a great concept: one of the players is a traitor and doesn't know it. At a certain point in the game, one of 50 scenarios is triggered, and the traitor is revealed, then it's up to the other players to take him down before his evil plot comes to fruition. There are scenarios where the traitor unleashes frankenstein monster, a ghost bride, the shadows of the other players, vampires, giant spiders, the house itself....

there are a few gameplay issues because with all the random scenarios, some got playtested more than others. You definately need to get the FAQ and errata online, and even then there are occaisional questions, and some scenarios are just duds because they are too hard or too easy for the traitor, but if you keep in the spirit of the game and just enjoy the atmostphere and the fun random sillyness, it's great.

Must be played with people who will get "into character" and read all the creepy flavor text out loud. Otherwise, you're just rolling dice.

Anyway, highly HIGHLY recommended for Ravenloft fans or any horror fans, or really anyone who's ever seen a horror movie...
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Le Noir Faineant

Thank you for your review! I#ll look if I can get it then and launch some good Halloween game session. :twisted: Since I am not running a Ravenloft game at the moment, I am very keen to have something I can pass the creepy days with. :wink:
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I have never heard about it, about it's sounds really interesting. :)
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

OOOOOh!
Someone else noticed this game. I love this game. The greatest thing about it is that it is a different game every time you play.
Truly a great board game I highly recoment it.
Le Noir Faineant

I am looking forward to get it together with FFG's Descend this Christmas. :)