Staunton Bluffs Rules & FAQ

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign

Which shall be the setting for our next adventure?

A direct continuation of the story told in the SB campaign?
44%
A completely new Ravenloft campaign set somewhere in the lands of the Core?
44%
A new Ravenloft campaign involving another Island in the Mists?
11%

Total votes: 9

Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Assuming we all stick to our first picks, what would our second choices be? That might be the way to break the tie. For instance, although Tepest was my first choice, Pharazia is a very close second.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Ah ha! Tie breaking! All power is MIIIIINE!

Ahem.

Well, since I know next to nothing about the background I'll vote Pharazia because one of the PCs comes from there, and he's cool and needs more air time, and because it has the coolest name.
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Many thanks Kintire! :oops: :D

Just like Ken I dare to say that Barovia is my second choice...you know Tuika wine, vampires, re-incarnations of young ladies....

Cheers
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

*Silently watching and counting the votes*
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

First choice for me would again be Tepest, as stated earlier, second, Barovia.
But of course, I am in no matter what.
Le Noir Faineant

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

One of the dates for my exams has been changed and anticipated, which means that I will have trouble preparing properly for it.

So, I have no option, but to pause our game here for the days immediately before the test; I think it's better to have a clean cut, than me having fight for every free minute that I want to dedicate to our game.

For our newcomers, don't be discouraged. The game has had several smaller pauses already, which might be useful, since they keep people from getting tired from playing.

So, let's make it official:

Staunton Bluffs pausing from February 1st until February 15th!

While this will, of course, have no immediate impact on our game, I wanted to announce it as soon as possible so I don't surprise you.

Yours,

Rafael
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Thanks for the heads up raf, and I definatley understand, good luck on your future exams.
Le Noir Faineant

Thanks, man. :) It will be really hard to learn for this one...
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Good luck Raf, I have to say that your exam is quite the same time as mine so I 'll have more time to study too. :wink:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Yep, I had seen from my reading of the archives that this campaign has taken breaks before and bounced right back, so no worries here. Good luck with the tests!
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Time of exams is always a grim one ... never liked it.
Good luck guys, hope it passes really quick and ends with lots of success.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Le Noir Faineant

Ken of Ghastria wrote:Yep, I had seen from my reading of the archives that this campaign has taken breaks before and bounced right back, so no worries here. Good luck with the tests!
Yeah, and indeed, I don't think that's bad - with long games such as ours, people tend to tire after a while...

The chapter after *New Blood* might probably the last one of this game, so, people, stay tuned. :twisted:
Le Noir Faineant

And thus ends the Tale of the Heroes of Staunton Bluffs and the Disappearenace of Ezra from the Land of Mists…

“Staunton Bluffs” has run without any significant break since November 2005,
and looking back now I renew my statement that I has been tremendously funny and that I feel proud to have had the possibility
to share all my ideas with you. :)

Though many plotlines may remain unfinished,
and some mysteries might forever remain lost in the mist (harhar I am such a word artist harhar),
I hope that you all enjoyed our game and don’t mind gathering again at our virtual gaming table in another moment that may come some day.

The campaign leaves our heroes as they stand at a crossroad in the world of Faerun,
itself place of many intrigues and adventures,
but still not half as dark as the Demiplane of Dread,
and this way promising our heroes a happy future free of the curse of Ravenloft…

However, it might not be the last time we seen them,
for I already plot to continue the tale of our heroes with a sequel that is supposed to start later this year,
called Ravenloft: Origins.

Some part of the campaign is already designed,
and we could start right away, but after such a long time of playing together, in all friendship, I think we well deserve a break. :wink:
Into the summer, I think it will be just unwise to start an entirely new game, with the heat, the exams,
and the many outdoor activities that wait for us.

- Better leave you hungry and salivating for more until we can gather here again with new energies. :wink:

As to the upcoming campaign, I may already disclose two things:

1. It will begin in the Forgotten Realms three years after the end of our game, which means Year 1372 of Dale Reckoning (or whatever that is called).

2. It will deal largely with a published Ravenloft module. No, not Castle Spulzeer. :)

What you can do in the meantime:

1. You may advance your characters up to level 7, for the experience you gained fighting Lodissio and as a tribute to the time that passes between the campaigns.

2. Think of what your characters might experience in the meantime! The light and friendliness of this new world may overwhelm them!

3. If you’re truly interested in the upcoming campaign please send me a PM with your real name and TWO email addresses by which I can contact you.

The new game will start in about six to seven months, and in the meantime, many things can happen,
and since I certainly won’t post as much at the FoS as I do right now,
I want to make sure that we do not loose contact out of simple data loss or whatever,
and of course, will send you my contact data in return.
Besides, I really, really want to add you to my electronical Christmas Card list! :)

The most likely date for starting our new game will be December
– no idea if that will be the month were I try to contact you or when we will actually start; it’s still so far away… :)

“Staunton Bluffs” was an opportunity for me to learn,
since it was the first PbP I ever participated in.
I only had a rough concept in my mind, and that the game became such a great success was something I absolutely had not counted with.
The next campaign, however, will not only build on the events of this – already our “old one” –
but will be more dense and more metaplot-related.
I hope you don’t miss it! :)

Finally, what I liked most about our game was the friendly and respectful atmosphere.
Especially at the possibility that we may rarely meet again, I want to say that I regard all of you as friends,
and that I hope that, should we ever cross our ways again, we’ll do it in friendship.
More than of our gaming experience, that’s the thing about our campaign that I am proud of!

But now’s really time to cut all that cheese:
Congratulations to your successful flight from Ravenloft and
thank you very much for a very good time!

Yours,

Rafael

PS: For those who are looking for a new PbP now, may I advertise the other game I am hosting over at mmrpg.zeitgeistgames.com?
– It runs almost as long as our SB game and is a lot of fun!

PPS: If you have any questions about the campaign, best ask me now!
As I said earlier, for next few months,
I might not frequent the Café with the usual regularity.

PPS: Please, Great Six or Seven, don’t delete the gaming threads right away.
I want to backup the files for a later campaign journal, but this will take quite some time.
I'll inform you as soon as I am done with it, in about a month or so.

R
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

CRAY-ZEE.

So, am I the only one who's totally confused by what just happened? Or, possibly, failed to happen?

Was the albino woman Ezra, after all? How were Lodissio and his compatriots able to use her (whoever she was) to make the portal? Why did Bleysmith care?

Will we ever know the truth, Rafael? ;) :P
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Come to that, I was expecting Roland and/or Master Fallenleaf to have some kind of role in the whole "big picture", but it never really turned out that way (although it was kinda fun to play the "obnoxious bad guy with an English accent" and the "Gandalf stand-in".) Was there something that could have happened there that didn't because of the other PCs choices?

We won't delete the threads for...well, years, probably. Since we have lots of server space (last I heard) we have no reason to.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena: