Staunton Bluffs Rules & FAQ

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign

Which shall be the setting for our next adventure?

A direct continuation of the story told in the SB campaign?
44%
A completely new Ravenloft campaign set somewhere in the lands of the Core?
44%
A new Ravenloft campaign involving another Island in the Mists?
11%

Total votes: 9

Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Oh, and *Des* is okay, but everyone who calls me *Daisy*, like some other denizens of dread around here dare to do, will suffer terribly in-game, like... like... I'll think of something that fits. :twisted: :D
Le Noir Faineant

An important announcement:

From tomorrow on, I don't know if I'll manage to be online virtually every day, like I am doing now.

- So it may happen that your posts don't get an inmediate answer, but don't let that discourage you. The will go on, and I am still there. - But maybe I'll only have the opportunity to actualize the page every two or three days.

Des the busy scientist... :roll: :wink:
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

Desdichado wrote::D I am flattered by your enthusiasm!

I hope you enjoy the game! Whenever you have your character ready, feel free to rescue the party from the claws of the praying mantis demon... :twisted:
Although, come to think of it, maybe I'm not THAT much in a rush.... :twisted:

(Yes, I will do that, with a grand entrance involving giant leaps and unforseen feats of agility and battle prowess! And then they will worhsip all 1 character level of ME!!!!! )
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Le Noir Faineant

Boccaccio Barbarossa wrote:
Desdichado wrote::D I am flattered by your enthusiasm!

I hope you enjoy the game! Whenever you have your character ready, feel free to rescue the party from the claws of the praying mantis demon... :twisted:
Although, come to think of it, maybe I'm not THAT much in a rush.... :twisted:

(Yes, I will do that, with a grand entrance involving giant leaps and unforseen feats of agility and battle prowess! And then they will worhsip all 1 character level of ME!!!!! )

JOIN.

NOW.

(They need you... :( :x :twisted: :D )
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

well, I found my way here! Can I join?
Le Noir Faineant

Of course!

:D
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

kintire wrote:well, I found my way here! Can I join?
Bring on the people - the more the merrier. :)

Apparently, to judge for Des' preious comments, you might want to hurry... I suspect we're going to need the extra hand.
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Le Noir Faineant

Boccaccio Barbarossa wrote:
kintire wrote:well, I found my way here! Can I join?
Bring on the people - the more the merrier. :)

Apparently, to judge for Des' preious comments, you might want to hurry... I suspect we're going to need the extra hand.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Le Noir Faineant

So, that's it! End of chapter one! Ideas? Suggestions? Theories?

On Wednesday, I'll continue the game in a a separate thread. :D
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

My theory is that I'm in dead trouble, and would do well to keep an eye on the Satyr. Am I warm?

Le Noir Faineant

kintire wrote:My theory is that I'm in dead trouble, and would do well to keep an eye on the Satyr. Am I warm?

As honest as a DM can be, I tell you the satyr is the last person of the Mordent Cartographers Society you have to fear. :twisted:
Le Noir Faineant

And here, the MISSION, so no one forgets, should the first thread become unavailable by any reason... (I'll save the content the next week, to have it always at hand.)

Desdichado wrote: Ivid shows you a sealed envelope and waves the group to come near.

"Look, my friends, this will be your destination."

Then he breaks the seal and reveals the following map to you.

"This is the county of Staunton, formerly an island near the western coast of Mordent, vanished during the events of the great upheaval, and thought destroyed until only recently. This map you see now is about 25 years old, painted by the famous Dr van Richten himself, who was a honourary member of our society until his lamentable disapparition. - Now, with all the information we have gathered so far from refugees who passed the Valachan borders soon after the mists had opened them, we may guess that the map is incompletely and way out of date. As the finest cartography guild in all the core lands, we find this unacceptable and want to bring our archives up to date in every possible sense. - So what we want you to do in the end, is the following:

[I'll list it this way to make the points as clear as possible.]

- The society had an embassy in Willisford before the land got soaked up into the mists. We want you to reopen our establishment there and maintain it until new supplies and orders are sent to you.

- Moreover, we want you to find out if there are still others of our agents somewhere in Staunton; we have lost the documents detailing who exactly was there, but we figure that a group of at least five agents was sent there before the borders closed the last time.

- If you don't find documentation by previous agents, we want you to paint and measure a map of Staunton Bluffs; if possible, detailing every major location as neat as possible, as well as studying the land's economic, biologic, and demographic features. [The gnome comes out of the house, carrying a a huge bag full of the measuring materials and writing instruments to create such a map.] You may keep any treasures you find during your research.

You see, it won't be money that is too easily earned - honestly, I think it might take you as far as an entire year to complete that job, but then, I promise, you will be made men. On your journey, Nimmer and Lodissio wil be your guides and act as your instructors. - Any questions so far?"l
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

I notice you didn't deny the first bit :D

In case I didn't say before, thankyou for allowing me to join
Le Noir Faineant

kintire wrote:I notice you didn't deny the first bit :D
Yeah, I didn't. :twisted:

:D I am happy to have you aboard, so don't mind this. :)
Le Noir Faineant

I'll be busy with my studies for the next days and don't know when I will be online - but I'll try to launch the game on Wednesday as promised. - Just might get a bit late. So you Europeans among us might better look for it at night or in the evening. :)