Staunton Bluffs Rules & FAQ

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign

Which shall be the setting for our next adventure?

A direct continuation of the story told in the SB campaign?
44%
A completely new Ravenloft campaign set somewhere in the lands of the Core?
44%
A new Ravenloft campaign involving another Island in the Mists?
11%

Total votes: 9

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

:azalin:
Last edited by ewancummins on Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Recieved your PMs!

I'll be offline until Monday, but if you like, send me whatever questions/suggestions you need! :)

Yours,

Rafael

PS: Happy Halloween with those tiny footballs... :wink:
Le Noir Faineant

Just for the record, the boards are open again, so even if you can't access the FoS by the main site, so here you know that our game will start as planned!

:wink:
CapN
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by CapN »

What happened?
Le Noir Faineant

8) A very cool Halloween celebration that was linked with a site update... :)
Le Noir Faineant

Hiya, I just started the last FoS advertisement for the game.

You might want to read this one especially: (Although I'd also recommend you to read the older ones for some more background and atmosphere.)

The Core, 758 BC

In Darkon, the wrath of the newborn king has deserted the eastern shore.

In Falkovnia, Mircea and Viggo wage in the war of princes for their forlorn father’s throne.

In Richemulot, six mighty servants of the darkness siege for the control of their castle against a mad and horrifying nosferatu, and night becomes the day.

From Barovia, the peasants flee the breezing cold winter storms that have deserted the swamps around the Devil Strahd’s castle.

Yet in Valachan, strange figures in the mists have been spotted; long caravans of refugees, men and monsters unseen for over twenty years, seeking shelter from the mists from where they came.

The Mordentish Cartographer Society, leading investigation office since the uneventful disappearance of the Weathermay children has send their best men to seek answers for the recent troubles on the southern Valachan borders. Lead by the famous Ivid the Bowman, a big division of most experienced Mordentish explorers has established a base near the town of Ungrad.

Will you, brave adventurer, be fearless and strong enough to aid them in the mysteries and horrors they are about to confront?

:)
CapN
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by CapN »

The game starts Sunday, right?
Le Noir Faineant

Exactly.

I can't name the exact hour, but I#ll start posting the introductions over here on Sunday. (Reason: I've got the threads locked by the moderators, to keep them clean from others; since I am not a mod, I can't unlock them - so I've to wait how/if I can contact them in time.)

One rule about posting: I AM ALWAYS the person who opens a thread - if I haven't posted in the unlocked threads named above, please don't do so. (Wanna keep it clean.)

I just finished the write-ups for your introductions... :twisted:
Le Noir Faineant

*And thus, the first step into the tragedy.*

Look for the in-game thread!

:twisted:
Le Noir Faineant

*Ahem* My players! The game is already running! Check the thread above for the in-game chat! :hazlik: NOW!
Fido
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Fido »

Hi. I sent Deschidago a character sheet of a level 1 human.

I hope I can still join in. It will be my first ravenloft experience as a player, and I'm really looking forward to it. :)

*curious*
Le Noir Faineant

Of course, of course.

You arrive at the cottage's gates as everyone else and have just witnessed the scene around poor Jarryd and Lodissio.

:twisted:

Good to have you aboard!

:D
Le Noir Faineant

***ROLECALL***

Now, the game's running for more than a week, and neither Tobias nor Ewan have posted so far. - May we still count with your appeareance or have you decided to leave the game? - No problem, if so, but it'd be nice to know... :wink:
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

Desdichado wrote:You'd start as a level 1 character, of course. And since the other candidates would be between lvl 1 and 3, the group should be THAT unbalanced. :)
Personally - I LIKE 1st level characters - they can grow more organically that way.

AND - I LIKE parties that are "unbalanced" - you "know your place" - you defer to the 4th level cleric when you are the 1st-level fighter... it's kind of realistic in that nice way...

And for ONCE I won't have to be the guy with all the answers. lol! (way to go Desdichado.)
-----------------------

Des, (may I call you Des 8) ), expect to get my character in the next day or two... assuming I can get through the reading I have to do, it should be ready sunday evening at latest. Feel free to make any suggestions, if there is any type of character you would like to see this invitation is open to all, BTW). I am TOTALLY open to that.

Thanks again!
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Le Noir Faineant

:D I am flattered by your enthusiasm!

I hope you enjoy the game! Whenever you have your character ready, feel free to rescue the party from the claws of the praying mantis demon... :twisted: