Ravenloft: Origins OOC-Chat

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign

What's your favourite PbP gaming speed?

As quick as possible! (Daily updates.)
23%
Moderate speed! (DM updates two or three times á week.)
68%
Slow. (Once a week. Long descriptive player postings preferred.)
9%

Total votes: 22

BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Boccaccio Barbarossa wrote: I'm totally down with Alain and I can really piture him just from the tidbits you've put down so far - perceptive, intelligent, not altogether caring about fashion but forced to pretend a little... And Ilike the thought of a writer wearing armour for some reason. Maybe I'm just projecting my own desires... lol!
Hey Thanks, He kind of turned out that way on accident. I just started writing his backstory and had a general concept for him, but his story and character just kind of wrote itself. It's fun when that happens.
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

BigBadQDaddy wrote:
Boccaccio Barbarossa wrote: I'm totally down with Alain and I can really piture him just from the tidbits you've put down so far - perceptive, intelligent, not altogether caring about fashion but forced to pretend a little... And Ilike the thought of a writer wearing armour for some reason. Maybe I'm just projecting my own desires... lol!
Hey Thanks, He kind of turned out that way on accident. I just started writing his backstory and had a general concept for him, but his story and character just kind of wrote itself. It's fun when that happens.
Yeah, when it just sort of happens really is the best feeling. And I tend to find that, when I game, I only have a really good idea of who my character is after role-playing him a couple of sessions, seeing how he/she reacts.
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

I'm the same. We seem to have a selection of good characters here though. I look forward to being terrified in their company :D
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Ditto, looking forward to meet your characters also... :wink:
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Fido
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Fido »

Oh, kintire, could you try and talk in third person maybe? That way you use your character's name more often and it's easier to remember.

Just a thought. :)
Fido
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Fido »

Hhmpf. Ivid's trying to cheat us!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

I'll try and slip the name in on some pretext or other!

I'm not sure he is... and even if he is, I'm not calling him on it. I'd rather get out alive!
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Fido wrote:Hhmpf. Ivid's trying to cheat us!
Definitely. What did you expect? - It's a Ravenloft game! :twisted:

No, really... Ivid was my PC in most of my Greyhawk campaigns, as well as the Black Sluggard was my avatar in Birthright... :wink:
Both ended up in the mists, Ivid because he's so pure, the dwarf because he's so mean...
Merowech, btw, was from a Blackmoor game and also entered the mists TWICE...

I can tell you this now because you're unlikely to see them again... :twisted:

That said, did really noone know who Lowellyn Dachine is? :shock: :azalin:
Fido
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Fido »

I didn't...

Is it a pseudonym for Azalin or something?
Le Noir Faineant

Nono... He's the Darklord of Necropolis! (IMC, valiant heroes freed the city of his rule, and he vanished in a misty cloud...) :) Don't worry, it's something one only comes to know either reading Gaz II very comcetratedly or playing the old requiem series.
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Desdichado wrote:Nono... He's the Darklord of Necropolis! (IMC, valiant heroes freed the city of his rule, and he vanished in a misty cloud...) :) Don't worry, it's something one only comes to know either reading Gaz II very comcetratedly or playing the old requiem series.
Yeah: I missed the reference. But then again, we NEVER talk/address necropolis in our game. We just sort of skipped that part. ;)
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Le Noir Faineant

Actually, the spooky the Necropolis - concept is, it fits more for a Hack&Slay zombie hunter game than for a RL campaign, and I know only very few who ran a *homebrew* there... Although I am thinking of mixing Necropolis with the Ghostwalk books... Should work pretty fine...
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

I am a Ravenloft newbie. I've read a soucebook or two, but can be relied on to miss any reference beyond the utterly obvious!
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

kintire wrote:I am a Ravenloft newbie. I've read a soucebook or two, but can be relied on to miss any reference beyond the utterly obvious!
Don't worry about it. Stick with us and your DM/players won't see you coming. :twisted: You'll know some many references you won't be able to keep track of them all.

On the other hand, that might not be the best thing. :wink:

Le Noir Faineant

kintire wrote:I am a Ravenloft newbie. I've read a soucebook or two, but can be relied on to miss any reference beyond the utterly obvious!
Actually, that's excellent - the less you know right from the beginning, the more you enjoy the game - after all, a player who read all the books, with what can I surprise him/her?