Ravenloft: Origins OOC-Chat

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign

What's your favourite PbP gaming speed?

As quick as possible! (Daily updates.)
23%
Moderate speed! (DM updates two or three times á week.)
68%
Slow. (Once a week. Long descriptive player postings preferred.)
9%

Total votes: 22

Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Oh, yes, you might want to read this in order to survive the encounter with our friend Lodissio:

http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... php?t=2672

:wink:
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Desdichado wrote:For goth and rock, it's still a great place - they were playing the most scenic dark metal during my birthday celebration.. What really got me horrified was the fat drunken couple that was getting it on on the sofa right next to us... :shock: We left in disgust.
Lol, that is way too funny.
Le Noir Faineant

BigBadQDaddy wrote:
Desdichado wrote:For goth and rock, it's still a great place - they were playing the most scenic dark metal during my birthday celebration.. What really got me horrified was the fat drunken couple that was getting it on on the sofa right next to us... :shock: We left in disgust.
Lol, that is way too funny.
:x No, really. No.

This was just some of the most awful things I ever saw - not that they were fat, but that they were so drunk and perverse. I can't figure why they could have behaved that way if not becaus eof drugs.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Yeah I guess that is pretty nasty.
Some people just don't have any decency. Still it would have been funny to throw a glass of ice water on them and tell them to go and get a room.
Le Noir Faineant

BigBadQDaddy wrote:Yeah I guess that is pretty nasty.
Some people just don't have any decency. Still it would have been funny to throw a glass of ice water on them and tell them to go and get a room.
:evil: The point was, telling them to leave would probably have resulted in a fight, and this really was the last thing I wanted for my *big* day.

:)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Yeah thats very true...Couldnt you have told the bouncers or anything, or did they not really care?
Le Noir Faineant

BigBadQDaddy wrote:Yeah thats very true...Couldnt you have told the bouncers or anything, or did they not really care?
Problem was, the bouncers coould have come, advised them and gone, and then I figured that they were going to know easily who had called them... Naah, wasn't for that much trouble... Just a BIT embarassing...

:x :wink:
Le Noir Faineant

Are you still with us, Maurício?
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

Once I discover exactly WHAT I will be playing, I'll have a placeon this thread... but I like to get a head start on things, so, if you will permit: :D

Playing D&D since: about 12 or 13 years. the early years are far back enough to be hazy.
Favourite settings: Ravenloft, Planescape, Rokugan, and any historically-flavoured game.
Games running: Ravenloft, and many MANY one-shots!
Non-D&D RPG-experiences: Changeling, Wraith, Shadowrun
Non-D&D RPG interests/hobbies: Literature, Writing, Muay Thai, hockey, painting miniatures...
In my kitchen: there is fish... I do the dishes, I do the cooking, I take out the garbage. In there, I AM THE LAND! :wink:
On my desk: PC, cookies, coffee, random piles of notes-to-self, Shakespeare's "Henry IV, part 1," dice bag, russian language CD... there's a lot of stuff on this desk... deodorant (?), minatures... and a bunch of other stuff.
My non-gothic avatar on this board would be: a cup of coffee.
What do I do in the SB game: "I roll a 1 for initiative. So, I guess I act last." :roll:

SO. HI!
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Welcome, Hopefully desdichado can squeeze you in soon, we are all about to die,lol, jk I don't know what is going on right now which is pretty cool. I don't know about the rest of us but I have been taken by suprise so far.
Le Noir Faineant

Boccaccio Barbarossa wrote:Once I discover exactly WHAT I will be playing, I'll have a placeon this thread... but I like to get a head start on things, so, if you will permit: :D

Playing D&D since: about 12 or 13 years. the early years are far back enough to be hazy.
Favourite settings: Ravenloft, Planescape, Rokugan, and any historically-flavoured game.
Games running: Ravenloft, and many MANY one-shots!
Non-D&D RPG-experiences: Changeling, Wraith, Shadowrun
Non-D&D RPG interests/hobbies: Literature, Writing, Muay Thai, hockey, painting miniatures...
In my kitchen: there is fish... I do the dishes, I do the cooking, I take out the garbage. In there, I AM THE LAND! :wink:
On my desk: PC, cookies, coffee, random piles of notes-to-self, Shakespeare's "Henry IV, part 1," dice bag, russian language CD... there's a lot of stuff on this desk... deodorant (?), minatures... and a bunch of other stuff.
My non-gothic avatar on this board would be: a cup of coffee.
What do I do in the SB game: "I roll a 1 for initiative. So, I guess I act last." :roll:

SO. HI!
:shock:

You sound like if you were a clone of mine...

Student of literature, Muay Thay, hockey, Changeling, and Shakespeare on the desk... Are you sure aren't ME?!

I tried to do a game session with my multiple personalities once, but it didn't really work out...

-------------------------------------

You're welcome to join whenever you want - after all, it looks like the group could really use a little help now... :twisted:
Le Noir Faineant

BigBadQDaddy wrote:Welcome, Hopefully desdichado can squeeze you in soon, we are all about to die,lol, jk I don't know what is going on right now which is pretty cool. I don't know about the rest of us but I have been taken by suprise so far.

:twisted: :D

Great that you enjoy the game! That was its purpose, after all!
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

Desdichado wrote: :shock:

Student of literature, Muay Thay, hockey, Changeling, and Shakespeare on the desk... Are you sure aren't ME?!

How do you know which one of us is REAL? :arijani:
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Fido
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Fido »

Playing D&D since: about 3 or 4 years.
Favourite settings: Ravenloft. Not that much experience to have gotten to know others. I despise FRCS...
Games running: A Ravenloft campaign set in Barovia as a DM and two FRCS campaigns as a player. (One in the Underdark, another one with a lot of demons, fiends and devils. I don't really like those...)
I also play a lot of Neverwinter Nights on a Planescape roleplaying server
Non-D&D RPG-experiences: "Oog des Meesters"/"Die Schwarze Auge" (...or something, my German sucks. Deschidago probably knows this one.. Only played one session though.. :) )
Non-D&D RPG interests/hobbies: Literature, Writing
In my kitchen: I don't really have my -own- kitchen, but in it is a refrigerator.. and things..
On my desk: PC, cookies, coffee, random piles of notes-to-self, Shakespeare's "Henry IV, part 1," dice bag, lots of dictionaries and almost all my ravenloft books.
I'm serious about Henry IV, part 1...

My non-gothic avatar on this board would be: Image
What do I do in the SB game: I sniff up my first player experience in Ravenloft
Le Noir Faineant

Boccaccio Barbarossa wrote:
Desdichado wrote: :shock:

How do you know which one of us is REAL? :arijani:
Now that I think of, you always post when I am asleep... Gotta install a camera... :? :D