Grand Dining Hall

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude looked down with dismay at her plate. Self-preservation is instinctive in most people, and the professor was not an exception. She laid a hand upon her chest, her fingers resting upon the nape of her neck- then stopped herself. Surely others would be sharing symptoms if it had been caused by a commonly shared food. “Excuse me, please,” she said to the gentlemen around her, and followed Huntly. She was pleased to see the improvement in Balfour's condition but still examined the pain-ridden elder. If they were going to require further treatment...

OOC: Detect Poison on Balfour
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Llana wrote:Gertrude looked down with dismay at her plate. Self-preservation is instinctive in most people, and the professor was not an exception. She laid a hand upon her chest, her fingers resting upon the nape of her neck- then stopped herself. Surely others would be sharing symptoms if it had been caused by a commonly shared food. “Excuse me, please,” she said to the gentlemen around her, and followed Huntly. She was pleased to see the improvement in Balfour's condition but still examined the pain-ridden elder. If they were going to require further treatment...

OOC: Detect Poison on Balfour
You still detect poison on him, but somehow you discern that what remains of it, after Lauren's incantation and a potion another Fraternity member gave him, is a mild paralysis.

He will be unharmed, but he needs to rest for now.

Grey Arcanist
Cold Iron Supplier
Cold Iron Supplier

Post by Grey Arcanist »

Conrad sees Gertrude casting Detect Poison on Balfour. "I've already used Detect Poison on Van Rijn, and he wasn't poisoned," he calls out in a clear voice. Hopefully that information will help calm the fears he suspects many of the members of this group may be feeling. "What are your findings regarding Balfour?" he asks Gertrude. "Was he poisoned?"
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

OOC: Rotipher, ever thought of selling your air guitar? :)
Moral Machivelli wrote:"If you black robed thugs will impead my path" cries out the borcan " Mabey you will not impead this one" He intones ritual chants and incantations, and an enormaouse creatur, wreatheed in fire materializes. It advances on the Blackrobes

"Now Who are you!!"
OOc Major Image
This apparition of a fiery creature is the last drop in the creation of panic. In the Drawing Room, some women saw it from there and they start to scream.

In the Dining room, the crowd quickly splits in two sides.

On one side, the podium, with its circle of black clad persons, and a few Fraternity members joining them.

In the middle, the illusion.

On the other side, near the Drawing Room, as if to protect it, most of the Fraternity Members gather there.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

“Thank you, brothers,” Gertrude said to Huntly and the gentleman who’d provided a potion. “And congratulations. He was poisoned. You’ve saved his life.” Turning to the servants and any other onlookers who were obviously not members, she said, “Take him up to his rooms, and post guards. Watch over him, while we attend to the perpetrators.”

She turned to Huntly and Conrad with a smile of anticipation to the coming confrontation. “I believe duty calls us elsewhere, gentlemen…” Without waiting, she took up the edges of her skirts and sailed back into the room.
Last edited by Pamela on Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Moral Machivelli wrote:He intones ritual chants and incantations, and an enormaouse creatur, wreatheed in fire materializes. It advances on the Blackrobes
Blinking, apalled, at the sudden appearance of the fiery form in the center of the dining hall, Crow swears aloud. Dash it, the fool: as if one heart attack amongst the guests wasn't enough! Thinking quickly, he uses another thrust from his as-yet-unexpired telekinetic spell to pick up one of the decanters from the tabletop, and fling it towards the flaming beast's form. Unimpeded by the illusion, the crystal decanter flies straight through and out the other side, smashing and spattering the dining hall floor.

As I thought, he muses inwardly. Who the devil casts an illusion spell at a meeting of this organization, and expects it to fool anyone, anyway...? Seems our Borcan colleague doesn't think as quickly when he's angry; have to make a note of that. Outwardly, Crow feigns as much astonishment as anyone else, prefering that the missile's source go unnamed for now.
Mayhew Donovan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Mayhew Donovan »

Donovan looks around in shock. Did the cloaked men really bring in weapons? He moved his hands over to the cutlery sipping a steak knife into his sleeve.

This dinner party was turning into a disastor.
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Mayhew Donovan wrote:Donovan looks around in shock. Did the cloaked men really bring in weapons?
As if to answer Donovan's thought, at the apparition of the fiery creature many did put their hands inside their cloak. From their movement, you guess some did even hide short swords...

But Van Rijn says something to them, and hearing it, they relax slightly. They stop staring at the monster and focus instead on the other group at the other side of the room.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Seeing the abrupt failure of his illusion Buchvold dismisses it with a short chant. He repeats his question to the black robes with greater fource.

"Who are you?"
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

The two sides look at them for a moment, and slowly silence installs itself in the room. The occasional cry of a woman is heard in the Drawing Room, punctuated by sighs from Gertrude.

In the corner, the chamber orchestra is still playing. Many realize now that this was an illusion. They are now playing “pennies for the ferryman” from the famous play “From Hell”.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Entering the dining room, Gertrude's eardrums were nearly pierced by the shrieks behind her. She looked at the creature in the middle, and saw the decanter soar through it. Loudly, in a droll voice, she remarked, “I don’t recall seeing flambé on the dessert list…”

She took in van Rijn’s gesture to his cadre. Good. Perhaps we can reason with him. Or at least give our more aggressive brothers a chance to think of a plan. “Sir. I am glad to see your health is improved.” She stepped forward to join the rest of the Fraternity in its front lines. “You were speaking earlier of a gauntlet. May I ask what you were talking about? What do you want?”
Last edited by Pamela on Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeffery Terrence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Jeffery Terrence »

The cloaked figure enters the room and sees naught but chaos before him. He checks his watch one more time.

"Looks like I am later that I thought."

A beast of fire moves about the room and the occupants are divided. Then the flame vanishes without a sound.
Last edited by Jeffery Terrence on Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grey Arcanist
Cold Iron Supplier
Cold Iron Supplier

Post by Grey Arcanist »

Conrad looks across the room at Van Rijn. "So do you wish to further elaborate regarding your concerns, Van Rijn?" he calls out. "I don't think any of us here are really innately opposed to Transformational magic...surely we can find some common ground?"
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Realizing that anger is not proveing useful Buchvold also lowers his voice

"Yes Van Rijn, we hold no malice toward your chosen feild, I have made a few discoveries in it my self. "
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Viktor is suprised of what Buchvold just said.

"Another? The infection was more profound then we thought", he whispered to Gertrude.

He moves slowly away from Buchvold and puts himself between Buchvold and Gertrude, as if to protect her.

OOC: can't help it, I guess ;)