Grand Entrance of the FoS Manoir de Pénombre

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Tobias Blackburn wrote:Hartly also looked at Viktor.

"Yes, or perhaps there are some new writing to peruse while we wait?" He turned to loook down at Vili. "Have you read the Guide to the Walking Dead? Many of the theories it suggests are quite... interesting."
"I already told you that we do not usually read necromantic treaties, it is forbidden by our statutes", Viktor said sharply, paused, then smoother: "... but I heard good things of it. These Wheathermay-Foxgrove are interesting authors. Mr Van Rijn is an avid reader of these books and will surely discuss these with you... That is, if he arrives ...", finishes Viktor with a forced laugh.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Scipion_Emilien wrote:Vili bring back is attention to hartley: "No i haven t seen a copy of Van Richten work, they are all burn by those ignorant Barovians before reaching my home land. Perhaps ther creature I search about is one of those how you call them: walking dead? It is an avenue to explore."
"Possibly. Perhaps our host has a copy in the library for you to examine."

He turns towards the new voice and looks down.

"Lauren Hartly." He said, holding out a hand in greeting.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scipion_Emilien »

"I had some trouble with wolves on the road, if he is like me riding alone on the road, perhaps will he have to make carpets one or two wolf before being able to be here"

Seing that Lauren turn, Vili Rosnel turn too to face the newcomer: "And i m Vili Rosnel"
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

From just outside the grand entry, those within can hear another person arriving--the wheels of the carriage sound loudly on the cobbled stone of the drive as it approaches, halts, and then continues to the carriage house. It is almost a full minute before the footman swings wide the door and announces, "Professor Erik van Rijn!"

Those approaching see, first, a hale young man supporting...can that really be van Rijn?

A mutter of astonishment passes among those present to see how the professor has changed. It was common knowledge that he was in ill health before his recent journey, but this man appears to be at death's door. His hair has grayed markedly, with almost no trace left of the original brown; his skin is yellowed, his face creased with wrinkles, and he needs the support both of his cane and the young man at his side to make his way forward. He might almost be a corpse; only the eyes burn with life, a malignant, unconquered vitality seething in them.

"Good evening," van Rijn says, his once-beautiful baritone voice a harsh rattle. He coughs heavily, and brings a handkerchief to his lips; as he returns it to his pocket those closest can see it spangled with blood.
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Scipion_Emilien wrote:"Of course, my curiosity had made me forgot about my empty stomach, ill try to keep my curiosity the time of the meal. Im curious to know about your northern cuisin, you seem to have made quite an art of it."
Viktor smiled "surely you will appreciate, and our choice of wine should bring you tears of joy, unless you're a stone construct".
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Viktor Hazan wrote:"I already told you that we do not usually read necromantic treaties, it is forbidden by our statutes"
"Oh, I'd hardly call those Modentshire lasses' works 'necromantic'. Their writing's not nearly dull enough for that," quips Crow. He turns to Mr. Rosnel. "And if that fog hasn't lift, he may have needed those wolves to sniff out the road for him. But speaking of our just-arrived honored speaker, have any of you gentlemen a notion of what, precisely, he'll be bending our ears about? It'd be nice to know if I bought my new notebook for something worth taking notes about." He smiles, produces said notebook from another of his coat's numerous pockets, and tucks a steel-nib pen behind one ear.
Last edited by Rotipher of the FoS on Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Viktor Hazan wrote:
Tobias Blackburn wrote:Hartly also looked at Viktor.

"Yes, or perhaps there are some new writing to peruse while we wait?" He turned to loook down at Vili. "Have you read the Guide to the Walking Dead? Many of the theories it suggests are quite... interesting."
"I already told you that we do not usually read necromantic treaties, it is forbidden by our statutes", Viktor said sharply, paused, then smoother: "... but I heard good things of it. These Wheathermay-Foxgrove are interesting authors. Mr Van Rijn is an avid reader of these books and will surely discuss these with you... That is, if he arrives ...", finishes Viktor with a forced laugh.
Hartly bows slightly to Viktor.

"I apologize. I did not realize that you would take such offence. But while it might be taken as a necromantic treaty, it lends a glimpse into the secret corners of our world. It is a failing of some scholars to look at a page refuse to read between the lines. For example, the treaty discusses how desire without action can raise the dead, as well as dealing with... 'dark... powers...' It is quite similar to the way a... cleric gains powers from their faith, and has an few quaint if incomplete notions on negative energy. Our charter demands that we also learn."

He chuckles darkly, a low, rumbling sound.

"Of course, the Weathermay-Foxgroves are far too timid to actually discuss how to raise undead. Simply how to recognize them and... 'fight' them."
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Tobias Blackburn wrote:"Of course, the Weathermay-Foxgroves are far too timid to actually discuss how to raise undead. Simply how to recognize them and... 'fight' them."
"But raising dead is the best way to earn immortality... but inside a corpse or as a pathetic incorporeal being. The twins? Yes, good writers, but limted point of view. I wonder if their uncle ..."

(Van Rijn's arrival)
Erik Van Rijn wrote:"Good evening," van Rijn says, his once-beautiful baritone voice a harsh rattle. He coughs heavily, and brings a handkerchief to his lips; as he returns it to his pocket those closest can see it spangled with blood.
Viktor stays a long moment stunned by what he sees. But he is only in his late fifties? Horrible... horrible... he surely got a sickness somewhere along his trip...

With a forced smile, Hazan walks slowly toward Van Rijn, eyes wide opened as if he was staring at a ghost.

"My friend! I'm so happy to see you..."

He stares at him ackwardly, not offering his hand or anything.
Last edited by Viktor Hazan on Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

Van Rijn chuckles, then coughes again. "Of course, Hazan," he rasps. "A pleasure, as always, to see you too. You look surprised...I'm afraid I've aggravated an old illness recently...So many guests! All here for me? I'm sure it will be a pleasure getting acquainted with them..."
My talk? You'll have to wait. It will be well worth it, I assure you.
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scipion_Emilien »

Vili seem in shock at seing the man and ask to Harthy in a murmur "Is he alwayrs like that?"
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Erik Van Rijn wrote:Van Rijn chuckles, then coughes again. "Of course, Hazan," he rasps. "A pleasure, as always, to see you too. You look surprised...I'm afraid I've aggravated an old illness recently...So many guests! All here for me? I'm sure it will be a pleasure getting acquainted with them..."
He's so light, his weight is less then a young children... He won't be long on this existence ... Mmm? He is HAPPY to meet people? This is a little strange, as Van Rijn's isn't a socialite. He used to hate meeting people, even other members of the Fraternity, unless they're discussing something of scientific, arcane, or philosophic import..., thought Viktor.

Viktor waves to the Entrance Hall. It is indeed full of persons, mostly male, but with the occasional expansive robe cutting from the formal dress of the men.

"Let me present you to the guests..."
Last edited by Viktor Hazan on Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

Van Rijn shuffles forward, dismissing his manservant with a brusque shrug; the young man departs toward the servants' quarters. By careful effort and the use of the cane van Rijn remains upright, leaning slightly on Hazan's arm as necessary.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Scipion_Emilien wrote:Vili seem in shock at seing the man and ask to Harthy in a murmur "Is he alwayrs like that?"
"I do not know." Hartly responded before stepping forward.

"I am Lauren Hartly, Professor Van Rijn. You seem ill and my studies have revealed methods of aid in such things. Perhaps they could lighten your burden for a time?"
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

Tobias Blackburn wrote:
Scipion_Emilien wrote:Vili seem in shock at seing the man and ask to Harthy in a murmur "Is he alwayrs like that?"
"I do not know." Hartly responded before stepping forward.

"I am Lauren Hartly, Professor Van Rijn. You seem ill and my studies have revealed methods of aid in such things. Perhaps they could lighten your burden for a time?"
"Professor Erik van Rijn," van Rijn replies, offering Hartly his hand. "I am afraid it is Life that I am sick with, and I am not sure I would care to be cured of it."
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Erik Van Rijn wrote:"Professor Erik van Rijn," van Rijn replies, offering Hartly his hand. "I am afraid it is Life that I am sick with, and I am not sure I would care to be cured of it."
Viktor looked at his friend with concern.