Grand Entrance of the FoS Manoir de Pénombre

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Hartly notices the exchange and instinctively touches his own ring to ensure that it was still there. Pleased to see that he had indeed remembered it, he takes a sip of his drink.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

A couple of moments later, the man introduced as Nathaniel Hawke steps across the threshold back into the manor, taking note of the new faces that have entered since he stepped away.
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Scipion_Emilien wrote:In response to Hartly in low tone: "I must agree with you, from what you have seem of his state, do you think we will have a conference tonight?"
"Ahem", said Viktor with a stern glance to the Nova Vaasan, "Mr Van Rijn just told me he needed to rest half an hour and then he will join us for diner, which will be served soon."

"Oh, and I forgot to ask him about the subject of his conference"

Or did I?, Hazan thought. Now that I think of it, I seem to recall I did ask...
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Scipion_Emilien wrote:In response to Hartly in low tone: "I must agree with you, from what you have seem of his state, do you think we will have a conference tonight?"
Hartly ponders this for a moment. "I am sure that he would not have come if he did not feel that he could do his part. And if not, he may have notes to allow another to present in his stead."

He glances at Hazan.

"With his permission, of course, Professor."
"Our corporeal envelopes are feeble things..."
"Too true."

Sip.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Crow shrugs to Viktor. "Where are there the most mysteries to be explored? I've lived practically everywhere; I settle where there's the most to learn, and when I encounter questions that spark my interest. Even if it's taken me to some damned extraordinary places -- this, perhaps, among them, if the guest-list is as extensive as rumor has it -- and into trouble more than rarely.
"And yourself, sir? What best sparks your interest at this gathering, aside from our esteemed speaker, with whom you are clearly well-acquainted? And what's the tale beyond that acquaintence, if I might ask?"
Grey Arcanist
Cold Iron Supplier
Cold Iron Supplier

Conrad of

Post by Grey Arcanist »

A thin, red haired man in a grey cloak, who looks as if he is just beginning to leave his youth behind and settle into the routines of middle age, steps out of a carriage and walks quietly into the hall. He looks around to see if there is anyone here he knows. The press of time and circumstance has made it difficult for him to get to know his colleagues as well as he would have liked. Hopefully, this weekend I will be able to meet a few likeminded comrades, he thinks to himself.
He smiles, and says, to those who have noted his arrival, "Greetings, my honored colleagues. My name is Conrad de Chateaufaux. i am a student of magic, and of the mortal mind."
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

The arrival of Lord Balfour de Castelle makes a stir, as many people quickly surround this well know elder and try to entertain him with their wit. Eventually, from the other side of the room, Balfour turns to Viktor and they nod silently at each other.

Then a servant approaches Hazan, and whispers something in his ears. Hazan nods.

Turning back to the guests, he informs them it was confirmed to him that the diner will be served soon. “I think”, he said with a satisfied smile, “that you will enjoy the cuisine. The Chicken Gabrielle is a wonderful dish, when served with a crisp Invidian white wine.”
Rotipher wrote:"And yourself, sir? What best sparks your interest at this gathering, aside from our esteemed speaker, with whom you are clearly well-acquainted? And what's the tale beyond that acquaintence, if I might ask?"
"It is always interesting to meet other well traveled persons. Traveling is where you learn the most, as you say judiciously".

Pausing, he adds "Well, I introduced Erik in the Fraternity, but that was a while ago. We were much younger back then... ", traces off, then pick up after a pause: "we were both acquaintance of the late Count von Lovenhorst. By the way, I haven't seen his gratious daughter yet, the Countess Karla von Lovenhorst..."
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Re: Conrad of

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Grey Arcanist wrote:A thin, red haired man in a grey cloak, who looks as if he is just beginning to leave his youth behind and settle into the routines of middle age, steps out of a carriage and walks quietly into the hall. He looks around to see if there is anyone here he knows. The press of time and circumstance has made it difficult for him to get to know his colleagues as well as he would have liked. Hopefully, this weekend I will be able to meet a few likeminded comrades, he thinks to himself.
He smiles, and says, to those who have noted his arrival, "Greetings, my honored colleagues. My name is Conrad de Chateaufaux. i am a student of magic, and of the mortal mind."
Raephael smiles at the new arrival
"Welcome Mr..Chateaufaux, was it? I am Raephael Buchvold. I am aMagicain, shopkeeper and researcher. You have come from Demintilu?"
Last edited by Moral Machivelli on Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Re: Conrad of

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Grey Arcanist wrote:He smiles, and says, to those who have noted his arrival, "Greetings, my honored colleagues. My name is Conrad de Chateaufaux. i am a student of magic, and of the mortal mind."
"Greetings! We are brothers in Shadows!," said Viktor, raising his glass with one of the Fraternity's mantra.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Hartly looked around the room at all those that were gathering. So many scholars, so much power. He decided that he would stay in the background and observe for a bit.

It would give him time to absorb some of the theories that others were speaking and compare them to his own.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

"The mortal mind, you say? Fascinating ... I'm often hard-put even to understand my own mind, let alone other peoples'," quips Crow to the redheaded new arrival, slipping back into jest. He waves a servant to come see to Conrad's well-being with a drinks tray.
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scipion_Emilien »

Seing the arrival of personnality such as those de Castelle, Vili take his time to observe the people around waiting the dinner.

Deep into his thought he said louder than he would have want "They name their chicken variety here? These Gabrielle chicken should be damn good to the taste to have to get a name"
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Viktor smiles "A nova Vaasan! How refreshing! My friend from afar, this dish was created by our chefs with inspiration by Lady Gabrielle, the infamous witch from Hunadora."

After a pause, he adds "just because the sauce contains Invidian brandy!"

A servant comes around and tells that the Grand Dining Hall is now opened. Everybody is invited to join the others there, after you finished your glass or your cigarette...
Ambrose Skully
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ambrose Skully »

Rotipher wrote:He waves a servant to come see to Conrad's well-being with a drinks tray.
A servant speedily appraoches with a gobblet of wine balanced on a tray.
"I'll take that,"
As the server passes by the stairs, a small gloved hand plucks the cup from the plate. In a single gulp, the swift-fingered gnome downs the cup to the dregs. His beedy eyes light up with a fierce fire.
"Good vintage."
I may be drunk, but you're.... I should drink it!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Crow gently excuses himself from the conversation, tosses back the last of his Barovian tsuika as if it were water, then strides into the dining hall to find a seat, a slight limp favoring his right foot visible to the sharp-eyed. He selects a safe corner of the hall in which to stash his precious guitar-case, where it will be sheltered from clumsy servants' stumblings and within his sight at all times.
Last edited by Rotipher of the FoS on Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.