The Library

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Grey Arcanist
Cold Iron Supplier
Cold Iron Supplier

Post by Grey Arcanist »

"So," Conrad says, as he looks through the unhinged door, "Is there anything in the library that will help us deal with this mess?"
Last edited by Grey Arcanist on Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

"Quite probably" replies the borcan "But do we have the time to find it?"
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

"If you'd given them time to answer me, before, we'd know what it is they're looking for in the Library! We could've taken it elsewhere, or lured them from the Manoir with that prize," replies Crow. "But now I believe there's rather a bigger problem downstairs ... unless you think a door would've stopped them, had they killed every living soul in the place? That's what they're working on in the entrance hall, if I'm not mistaken."
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

You ...have a point there sir" Replies the borcan, with some relcutance.

"So, what should we do?"
Grey Arcanist
Cold Iron Supplier
Cold Iron Supplier

Post by Grey Arcanist »

"Well," Conrad replied. "If any of you have any spells that will block them from entering the library, use them now. If not...maybe we should go back to the armory and get some cold iron weapons?"
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

"Two or three I'd be willing to part with now, rather than save for the aftermath. Mr. Hartly's not the only one with some capacity to aid the wounded," Crow confesses, figuring his bardic brand of arcana is already pretty well exposed. "My wand's about halfway spent, but it did little good against the beasts we just faced ... still, it'd be more effective than Conrad's silver, should there be more such creatures below."
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"A sound idea... For the moment...." replies Buchvold." but seeing that the libery door is open, at least one of us should remain to guard it."
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

"Since I broke it, I suppose I've bought it. I can see if these carcasses offer any clues to their master's intentions, while you fetch armaments."
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"We will return shortly" replies the borcan. before walking off down the stair by the laboratory.
Last edited by Moral Machivelli on Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Crow quickly checks the wolfwere he'd struck with the Shout for signs of life, and searches the transformation-tattered clothing of the imposter servants.

OOC: Anything interesting?
Grey Arcanist
Cold Iron Supplier
Cold Iron Supplier

Post by Grey Arcanist »

"So if you're ready, Brothers," Conrad says. Once the other two indicate they are ready, Conrad carefully leaves the library's entrance, and makes his way the armoury.
Last edited by Grey Arcanist on Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Better check if other forms of defenses remain intact, Crow muses, and employs a minor cantrip to inspect the condition of the library door in aspects other than the physical.

OOC: Detect Magic on the door, and on the wolfwere carcasses
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Crow's quick search finds little of interest on the body. His magics reveal a minor ward keeping the door locked, but not one powerful enough to withstand a physical assault. An invasion was evidently not prepared for in the preperations for the party.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"We have returned." says the Borcan. He turnes to Conrad behind him. "What now?"
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

His investigations completed, Crow moves to stand just inside the evidently-harmless library's doorway, shielded by the skewed doors from immediate view. A guard in front of a door is a target, he reflects, but a guard behind a door is an ambush.

Hmph. Guess this is another place I've traveled to find trouble, just as I told Hazan.

He bristles at the approach of footsteps, then recognizes Buchvold's stiff stride and Conrad's amble.

"What took you so long? Stopped to keep score downstairs?"