PbP weekend - Q&A

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Ah... because I haven't gotten one yet. :evil:

If I need to resend (Lauren Hartly), just tell me.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

I sent them a few minutes ago ;) Yes, we got Lauren.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Could any players whose PC's are located in Paridon contact me? I figure our PC's would at least have a passing acquaintance with each other. :)
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Good idea :)

Any Players with Borcan Pc's please contact me. my character (Raphael Buchvold) is suposedly keeping in active contact with nerby fraternity members. thus he would know other frat members in the same domain
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Hey, all. I was just curious as to what level most of your characters are going to be. I was thinking of level 1, but if everyone else is going to be higher, I would like to be able to adjust accordingly. Thanks.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Technically you'd probably have to have at least 1 level of the FoS prestige class from QtR10 to be invited (i.e you're an Initiate at least). Or you're a spouse or representant of someone who is an Initiate or Brother.

My entry is CR 6+. He's from Dementlieu, the rogue son of the president of the University himself: Jacob de Casteele. So any other attendants from Dementlieu out there?
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Wish I could play, but I'm busy tomorrow. First time I've seen my other half in 4 months. But I had a character in mind. Oh well, he's just going to have to wait a while before his coming out party...
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scipion_Emilien »

I have a Nova Vaasan one currently in progression, so if others ones are from nova Vaasa, send an encrypted letter! euh a pm!

As for the CR it should be around 9 no in teh description??
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Guardian of Twilight wrote:I was just curious as to what level most of your characters are going to be. I was thinking of level 1, but if everyone else is going to be higher, I would like to be able to adjust accordingly.
Since the game is a play-by-post style, your levels (and stats) aren't as important as background (such as your history and occupations). We would like to have some idea as to the general power of your character, but this recommendation is mostly to keep things balanced between everyone. We don't want a 20+ level character walking around a room full of 5th-level characters.

Having said all of this, I would think that somewhere between 5th-level and 10th-level would be best. Anything lower might prove too weak or too insignificant. Above 10th-level would have to be adequately explained to allow the extra power.

The Giamarga wrote:Technically you'd probably have to have at least 1 level of the FoS prestige class from QtR10 to be invited (i.e you're an Initiate at least). Or you're a spouse or representant of someone who is an Initiate or Brother.
Having levels in the prestige class (pages 44-48) would be appropriate. However, we aren't requiring these for characters to be members of the Fraternity. You could be possible initiates, who are members of the organization but haven't earned the levels as of yet.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

The Giamarga wrote:Technically you'd probably have to have at least 1 level of the FoS prestige class from QtR10 to be invited (i.e you're an Initiate at least). Or you're a spouse or representant of someone who is an Initiate or Brother.
You mean like *Bride of Socko* and such things? :ankhtepot:
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Socko, Socko 2 and Sister of Socko :P
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Another question: I'll try to stop soon, promise...:P Does the FoS know about Sodo? I don't want my PC to have information that's not known to the Fraternity.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Is the stuff in the USS 2002 on the fraternaty accepted? For example do we call the dark powers "the watchers in Shadow"?
Last edited by Moral Machivelli on Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joël of the FoS

Llana wrote:Another question: I'll try to stop soon, promise...:P Does the FoS know about Sodo? I don't want my PC to have information that's not known to the Fraternity.
This is secret knowledge, so I would assume that they don't know.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Joël of the FoS

Moral Machivelli wrote:Is the stuff in the USS 2002 on the fraternaty accepted. For example do we call the dark powers "the watchers in Shadow"
Sure!