PbP weekend - Q&A

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

So is the website gone for good? Because I didn't make copies of the halfling walks rp threads yet...
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Maximillian
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Maximillian »

I can only speculate, but I hope this is the Fraternity's version of trick or treat. :?
OI!!! Don't call me tall, you f@$%&£* midgets!!!
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Stygian Inquirer »

If the forum thing is the trick then QtR 12 is probably one of the treats. Also, there are those notes that Rucht put together that are supposed to be coming soon...
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

Not to mention announcing the winner of the trivia contest.

I must say, if this is a trick I think it's in bad taste....and if it's not, I think the community deserved a better warning.

Either way, can we get some kind of authoritative comment on whether and when the forum will be back up again?
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

:shock: :shock: Hope they didn't delete all those threads !!!

OTOH this gives me time to read up on the Evening.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Considering that QtR 12 contains "ads" for USS 2006 and calls for authors, I'd assume it's only temporary. But perhaps they've decided to do away with the cafe? I sure hope not.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

My guess is that they're reformatting this forum or else getting ready to move it to another website. I really doubt they'd delete all those threads without warning; that doesn't sound like their style at all.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

another clue: we still have our post counts. (which drop whenever there's a prune on the boards.) methinks the threads are just hidden somehow..
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Hey! My title's changed! I'm now a Sorority Shadow! :twisted:
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Do you like it? We gave new titles to the best roleplayers / those that were there nearly all weekend :)

Llana – Sorority Shadow
Rotipher – Thieving Crow
Moral Machivelli – Rat Blinder
Grey Arcanist – Cold Iron Supplier
Alhoon – Invisible Menace
Tobias Blackburn – Water Bearer

In an effort to cover my fundement, I'd inform you that you can blame David ;)

Seriously, we have to thank David for bringing up the pbp idea weekend and making it work :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Thank you! I like it very much; Gertrude also approves of it. :wink:

And David, I raise my wine glass to you- it was an excellent idea, and a good time. I was missing Halloween big time over here, and it was wonderful to be involved in this during the weekend. My only regret was the bloody time zones. :evil:

I'm looking forward to seeing what is next in store for the good Fraternity and -shudder- van Rijn's ring of traitors. :D
Joël of the FoS

Maximillian wrote:I can only speculate, but I hope this is the Fraternity's version of trick or treat. :?
Stygian Inquirer wrote:Also, there are those notes that Rucht put together that are supposed to be coming soon...
DeepShadow wrote:Not to mention announcing the winner of the trivia contest.

I must say, if this is a trick I think it's in bad taste....and if it's not, I think the community deserved a better warning.
gonzoron wrote:Considering that QtR 12 contains "ads" for USS 2006 and calls for authors, I'd assume it's only temporary. But perhaps they've decided to do away with the cafe? I sure hope not.
Llana wrote:I really doubt they'd delete all those threads without warning; that doesn't sound like their style at all.
gonzoron wrote:another clue: we still have our post counts. (which drop whenever there's a prune on the boards.) methinks the threads are just hidden somehow..
Interesting to see that most of you didn't loose their faith in us :lol:

Were you really afraid?

(you do not need to answer this insidious question, because if you do my spell will be able to read the rest of your thoughts)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

What domain will the manor be rebuilt in Joel? Someplace warm perhaps, where we can lounge around on white sand with umbrella's in our drinks maybe? And that was a great weekend. I couldnt join in but I read everything posted and loved every minute of it.

Maraudar
Blade, fire, pistol or stake it matters not.. Even the undead can become true dead.
Joël of the FoS

An announcement should be out soon about this and the future of the site, and yes, it's a place where the weather is hotter.

We were tired of the humidity level in Richemulot. So cold in winter !

Joël
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Hey, cool, Crow's been immortalized in my title now! :lol:

For those who were waiting for it, I'll be starting to enter Crow's epilogue now. (Yes, 'starting'; it's a big item, that'll require more than one post to enter and will probably take some time ... not least, because I wrote it on MS Word and I lose the italics when I paste things over to the board windows. :cry: ) Seems Crow had even more to say, at the end, than I expected he would; plus, I wanted to work in a mention of each of the PCs who'd spent the most time interacting with him, or keeping the threads going when the system locked most of us out.

BTW, Crow is an NPC of long standing IMC, whom I really enjoyed getting to run as a PC -- and thus, letting him finally grab center stage and cut loose, for a change; rest assured, he had a great time! :wink: -- for this event. Note that Crow's own knowledge of Ravenloft's secrets comes from a looooong career of getting into trouble, all around the Core and beyond ... and that his comments regarding the Dark Powers are purely his own interpretations and beliefs. Whether he's actually right about them is a matter for individual DMs to decide, but he's closer to the truth than most -- indeed, far closer than even he suspects -- in my Ravenloft.

Oh, and please, nobody else enter their epilogue until I get this done, so yours isn't stuck in the middle of my consecutive Crow-posts, okay...? Thanks! :D