The Topiary Garden

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

The Topiary Garden

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Please refer to the map thread to see its physical configuration.

It is well kept and reminiscent of renaissance gardens.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Buchvold paces after Nathaniel. They both halt by the well crafted fountain

"Well, Mr. Hawke?"
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Nathan turns around to face the gentleman speaking to him, but firsts takes a careful look around to be sure that they are not interrupted. After being confident that no interruptions will occur or that no one is hanging to close for his comfort, he extends his hand to you.

"Well met. Apparently you know a great deal of me, and I nothing of you. I believe you have me at a disadvantage. May I assume that you were the one that sent me the invitation to this event tonight?"
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"You May Indeed ,Mr Hawke" Smiles the Borcan "It was most assuredley I"

He pauses

"Tell me.What do you know of what you hunt? Of the creature that took the life of your betroathed, Your sweet heart. The one to whome you swore "Nothing in this world will ever be able to seperate us."
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

He regards you closely for a moment before speaking.

"You seem to know a great deal of my life. I would ask but two question be answered first: who are you and how do you know of the events that have unfolded in my life? I am interested in how a Borcan noble came to know of the cruelties that have befell me. I believe a bit of information on this first is reasonable. I do not mean to give offense, but I am sure that a man such as yourself would ask these same questions were you in my place."
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Buchvold Pauses

" No ofence taken,I assure you" he smiles "Such questions are answerable. My name is Raphael Buchvold. and i am many things. Noble,shopkeeper"He pauses"Wizard and researcher. In the cource of my research, I stumbeld across your little tale. Now I have answerd your questions you must answer mine."
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

He looks at you for a moment longer as though weighing your answer on some scale in his mind. Seemingly satisfied, he begins to speak.

"To be honest, very little." He shrugs slightly. "In truth, how much of the Mists can a man ever truly know, or give a pretense of understanding?"

He turns his gaze for a moment to the road as though gathering his thoughts before continuing.

"If Van Richten was still around, I would have sought his aid in this matter. What little I do know comes from the Weathermay-Foxgrove twins. They let me in on one of their journals that spoke of something similar that happened to a gentleman of another area. From what I was able to discern from the journal, they are creatures that exist in to merely torment a man; reveling in the destruction of all that he does- and all those he holds dear."

Again he stops for a moment and his eyes seem to take a faraway look to them, as though reliving the events of the past year in the span of only a few moments. The lines of concern that are upon his face seem to deepen, then he clears his throat, his eyes once again meeting your own.

"I found a Half-Vistani man who was passing through my family's lands and found that he was a ranger from Barovia. He took me under his tutelage and I learned all the skills of his lifestyle."
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"I have studied the creatures that you speak of. and I know Much of them. However I cannot reveal my infomation frely. Their is a price."

From his jacket's inside pocket Raephael Buchvold produces a sheet of parchment,a quill pen and ink

"You must deliver to me mystic items I apraise at the value of 10,000 nightshades within two years. In return I will tell you all my infomation on these creatures. If you agree to this deal, you must sign this contract. Read it through if you must. The terms are as I say.
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

He begins to read over the parchment presented to him, carefully going over each word.

"What exactly are the terms of this contract, and what are the items of which you speak? I do not relish the opportunity of going into a situation that I am unable to clearly see."
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"Any items will sufice. It is their worth in gold, not their powers in which I am interested. I will grant you all my knolage of these things as soon as the contract is signed. you have two years to deliver them to me. I can be found with ease in Lechbourg."
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

"Very well, I agree to your terms. There is one last thing I am interested in, however. Why is it that you chose to approach me here tonight instead of elsewhere?"
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"There is no great mysterey to that." Smiles the Borcan "My organization suports hunters of creatures, Hunters like yoursef without any return asked. We encourage those such as you Mr. Hawke. I was hopeing to introduce you to them in the light of a piossible subject requiering access to what knolage we hold. And before you ask, My infomation is not theirs. Thus you are doing busines with me.

Now ,If you agree.sign the contract."
Last edited by Moral Machivelli on Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

*signs contract and passes it back to Mr. Buchvold*
"I appreciate your interest in my quest, and any type of information that I can glean will be useful to me as well, I am sure."
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"A wise choise . "

"The creature that killed your beloved is a creature of the mists. A tool of the Watchers in Shadow.... and a powerfull tool at that,
The Watchers do not like chalanges. Creatures such as the one you encountered are their revenge. "

"Poor Mr Hawke. The death of your loved one is no one's fault but yours. When you swore that prety vow. "Nothing in this world will ever be able to seperate us". The watchers heard you. they decided to challage that vow."

"The creature is a mirror of you. It is as strong as fast and as smart as you. It will atempt to discredit you .To shame you. And when you are so depressed that nothing is worth while anymore, it will strike."

"Now if you will excuse me, I must return to the lodge."

Buchvold walks back to the manor doors and then turnes.

"Oh and one more thing Mr. Hawke."
Last edited by Moral Machivelli on Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

"..."

"...Yes, Mr. Buchvold?"