The Grand Entrance II

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

Donovan looks up to see van Rijn staring at him, his eyes cold as steel. The traitor gestures, and a heavyset man carrying a mace steps forward. The flash of the torches on the mace's metal head is the last thing Donovan sees.

"One down," van Rijn mutters. "Keep it up, lads."

Donovan, your character is dead. Feel free to jump in with someone else if you like. For those worried--this was OK'd with Donovan's player by PM, and he has another character waiting in the wings.
My talk? You'll have to wait. It will be well worth it, I assure you.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude looked up at the sound of a loud shout upstairs, followed closely by a sound of something being wrecked. A couple of the Brothers stood before the opened door of the library.

THEN the web descended upon her, sticky strands coating her limbs.

“Bloody sun!”

Fortunately- at least for the moment- this sudden turn in events was yet out of van Rijn’s sight. And the zombies were also in danger of getting caught in the webbing if they did attack.

The invisible figure struggled to break free and try to race up the steps. She hissed out to those around her, “Gentlemen, do any of you possess the ability to hold portals?! They need you upstairs- right now!” Louder, she called out, “And for heaven’s sake, if any of you can dispel magic, now would be a good time!”

OOC: I leave it up to the DM to roll to see if she’s able to make any progress up the stairs. I don’t trust myself to be honest in telling my rolls…:P
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Mayhew Donovan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Mayhew Donovan »

Donovan just lays there bleeding and not doing much else.
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

"DONOVAN! NO!", yells Viktor.

Quickly, he does run toward the entrance and turns back toward the opponent. "good angle, perfect".

Seconds later, Viktor cast a lightning bolt in front of him, destroying most of the undead.

Van Rijn doesn't seem affected at all. However, he has much less friends now.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

The two zombies and their human back-up moves qucikly forward striking at those trapped in the webbing. An armed invader easily slides his sword between the ribs of a trapped brother.

Then the lightning strikes and with a crack the forces are splintered and sent into disarray.

Meanwhile Erik van Rijn walks slowly forward touching the curshed head of Donivan and muttering a few words. With an unholy spasm the eyes open and the body haltingly rises to join its bretheren in the assault, replacing the fallen.
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

OOC: Gertrude is partially entangled but may move only 5 feet in this round.

The front ranks of van Rijn's troops push forward, stabbing and slashing at those entangled by the web. As their ranks are shattered by the lightning bolt, van Rijn snarls and gestures. A fireball explodes among the back ranks, destroying the web and killing several of the Manoir's defenders. Stepping forward, van Rijn casually animates the fallen Donovan; then, turning his head from side to side in an odd, inhuman motion, he disappears.

OOC: Everyone within the web takes 2d4 damage and is now freed as the web burns. We'll assume no-one of the named characters is affected by the fireball.

Van Rijn casts ethereal jaunt and goes up the stairs; only those able to see ethereal objects can see him do so.
Last edited by Erik Van Rijn on Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mayhew Donovan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Mayhew Donovan »

OOC: Okay... that'll work

Zombovan rises, his eyes now a milky white. He shambles forward, his intelligence muted and fleeting after his ressurection as undead. He lunges at a trapped figure and begins to throttle him while bending over to rip at the exposed throat with his teeth.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Desperately Gertrude continued her wrestling with the webbing, thankful even for the few feet which took her a little farther from the zombies. Break free, break free, was a mantra running through her mind as she continued her turtle’s-pace race towards the staircase and the sanctuary above.

She was only slightly relieved at van Rijn’s disappearance; it would mean less power directed at her. But there were other rooms he could investigate, and heavens only knew what he’d retrieve to his advantage.

Break free, break free…

OOC: Same as before...
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

"I've wanted to try this on for a while." Hartly mutters coming out of the armory after having made his preparations (See the armory). He begins to mutter another of his odd spells (Flame Strike), targeting an area to engulf as many of his foes as possible while leaving the loyalists unscathed.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

Llana wrote:Desperately Gertrude continued her wrestling with the webbing, thankful even for the few feet which took her a little farther from the zombies. Break free, break free, was a mantra running through her mind as she continued her turtle?s-pace race towards the staircase and the sanctuary above.

She was only slightly relieved at van Rijn?s disappearance; it would mean less power directed at her. But there were other rooms he could investigate, and heavens only knew what he?d retrieve to his advantage.

Break free, break free?

OOC: Same as before...
The destruction of the web by van Rijn's fireball leaves Gertrude free, if slightly scorched.
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Tobias Blackburn wrote:"I've wanted to try this on for a while." Hartly mutters coming out of the armory after having made his preparations (See the armory). He begins to mutter another of his odd spells (Flame Strike), targeting an area to engulf as many of his foes as possible while leaving the loyalists unscathed.
¨

"Ah, thanks to the powers, you have more evocation spells. Lightning bolt was the only one I have", Viktor said.

"Illusions are not quite as interesting agsinst undead".

He looks at the corpses on the ground. Many friends, many apprentics laid there. Death, she said...

"I believe we should clean the first floor before going up, to make sure we do not get trapped later between two walls of fire".
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

An involuntary cry broke from Gertrude’s lips as her wish was granted in a rather unfortunate way. Blisters rose upon her invisible left cheek and her left hand. Tears streamed unseen down her face, but she ignored them to turn to Huntly and Viktor.

“Is there anything we can use in the laboratory in terms of chemicals?”
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

"good idea! we could make some molotov cocktails against the zombies!"
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Viktor Hazan wrote:
Tobias Blackburn wrote:"I've wanted to try this on for a while." Hartly mutters coming out of the armory after having made his preparations (See the armory). He begins to mutter another of his odd spells (Flame Strike), targeting an area to engulf as many of his foes as possible while leaving the loyalists unscathed.
¨

"Ah, thanks to the powers, you have more evocation spells. Lightning bolt was the only one I have", Viktor said.

"Illusions are not quite as interesting agsinst undead".

He looks at the corpses on the ground. Many friends, many apprentics laid there. Death, she said...

"I believe we should clean the first floor before going up, to make sure we do not get trapped later between two walls of fire".
Hartly gazed at the blaze in satisfaction before responding to Hazan.

"I'm afraid that I only have a slight evocation left now." He explained. "though I can offer minor healing to a few in need." He glanced at the group to see who was in the most need of it.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Seeing the blisters on Kingsley, Hartly stepped down to her.

"If I may." He said, reaching down while invoking a spell that sounded similar to the one he cast on Lord Balfour (Cure Light Wounds). He manipulated the energy, forcing it to sooth and knit burned flesh.