A new world has come

The Halfling campaign
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"No... I didn't send you the vision. I refer to your attack on Pietor and the grey mist. But I understand your reluctance to believe." the woman turned to the kitchen and withdrew a bottle of water to which she poured a few glasses for everyone including herself "But time is a strange thing... even our current presence is truth enough, but tell me Ixevim and Artemis, before you met Kimuriel in Sithicus, do you remember the bubble you encountered and the..." she coughs and seems to summon her strength "the body?"
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Yes, I guessed you didn't send me the vision. And at the time I saw the vision, I was with three other mind flayers. So yes, I'm reluctant to believe."
Ixevim took the offered water and drank from it. The emotions and images flooding everyone's mind subside and stop completely as Ixevim took hold on his raging emotions. Still the words were stinging with disbelief, frustration and hints of despair.
As an afterthought, after drinking the water Ixevim turned to the woman and sent out a mental "thank you" that seemed sincere enough and although the previous feelings paint it, gratitude was also in it. Ixevim was taking control of himself emotionally and reverting to his more tolerant persona.

"About the body, I think so. I remember an encounter we had in the woods. What that has to do with my homeland?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert continues to look around, not being able to follow this conversation. He takes a moment to study the entire hovel, from its furnishings to its exits.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The room is sparsely furnished from Albert's eyes. Besides the one high window and stair case there is little more accept the kitchen and stairs. In one corner however there is an old lounge of some considerable age and wear with a table infront of it and a large bookshelf against the wall opposite. Most of the books are scattered nearby or left on the shelves but there are a few on the table clearly having been read recently. Looking first to the shelves he glances over them, the closest books were all labelled in ancient printed gold lettering with a row of titles haphazardly filed. The titles somehow seemed familiar as if Albert had seen or heard of them before; Look through my eyes to my very soul, Down the rough path of love, 3rd Sunset of our hearts, Row of Bishops ready to fall, From our emotions to our passions, The wandering Gypsy and Left over scraps of family.

The books on the table also seem to be of some interest having been hand written in a neat flowing script.

Meanwhile the woman answers Ixevim's question.

"I believe you found it in some fresh level of decay on one s-"
"side..." Artemis recounts "But on the other we saw a skeletal remain... as if someone had... I don't know, cut it in half?"
"And replaced the half in the bubble with a decayed half. That isn't exactly what happened." she takes a breath "I don't know the science of how it works but Castilor called them 'time bubbles'. What you saw was a body being ripped apart by extra fast time -the change in the timeline... he said it would catch up with us. That is how I believe the Illithids hold land here yet were destroyed in the past -they will soon be erased by time as it ... corrects itself. It would be easier if Castilor were here, I think, maybe I can dig up some of his notes?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel holds his breath for a moment as the woman speaks, then he says:

"You mean that this Castilor has created a machine that can go back in time and have changed the history? Tell us more about him please."
Last edited by VAN on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"We may cheat time and extinction again. I don't think my kin will perish as time corrects itself. We have bent time and we can do it again. Have you ever heard of Chrono-psionics? Some of us can make leaps ahead in time. I cannot but others can."

Ixevim keeps for himself what the Creator in him thinks. In order for mind flayers to avoid the rapid catching-up of Time, there will be a heavy price to pay. The easiest way Ixevim could think would be to Thralls taking the brunt of the time-bubbles while chrono-psions used powerful, time/reality bending powers to avert the crush of the flow of Time. Like changing the flow of a river and sending the rushing waves crushing somewhere else. No surprise that Mudalithid is a nightmarish land. Thousands will die again, even if Mind Flayers fail.

If they succeed, there would probably be cities dying in poluted Time line; Grandfathers appearing and disappearing taking with them all their descendants; Ancient monsters slipping through cracks in Time, nightmares that Humans forced to oblivion Centuries ago; Creatures trapped in the Mists. The Great Upheaval, that threw his homeland away from the Core would be nothing compared to this...
And then his opportunistic Kin would come with vengeance upon the destroyed and warped world since they could better adapt and protect themselves from time's ravages. Ixevim was sure that the chronopsions were tingling their tentacles in cruel glee expecting and willing to sacrifice half their kin and all of humanity's advances.

And within himself Ixevim found that he prefered this horrific outcome that would bring all creation to its knees, than to see his kin disappearing. Still, he knew that this was wrong. He should prefer the logic solution, a few thousand humans and mind flayers dead than total eclipse of civilization.

One thought entered everyone's mind "We have to find Zarovan Vistani. They are in grave danger"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel sees through Ixevim's preoccupation, he would feel exactly the same if someone, coming from nowhere, would tell him that Sithicus and elves or humans gonna disappear. The psion shudders at this thought. More qusetions gets his mind as Ixevim speaks:

"Who is he? And why is he in great danger?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim turns to Kimuriel, understanding he is being cryptid.

"I don't know who that man is. I know one thing though; my kin's hopes of survival that time-trouble lies with the Zarovan Vistani. And knowing my kin's methods, the vistani won't like what will happen to them."
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The woman stands up and moves to the stove nearby. Taking a lid off a pot she drops a stew like mush into the old 'Ixevim's' bowl, which he gladly begins to eat in a sloppy manner.

"Good eats." he says between swallows then looks to Ixevim and raises the bowl to the mindflayer "Me want some?" his mask drips some of the stew onto the floor.

"Castilor you would not have met yet." the woman says while replacing the lid "He will come later from what I remember. As for the Zarovans... I am not sure how you can find them, I can only suggest that they already know of whatever action will occur and that you should continue on."
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert begins to scan the pages of one of the open books, causally reading the writing there. He is mostly disinterested in the conversation, being unable to understand it at this point. The books, however, are a godsend against boredom, and enable him to start to gain a bit of a grip on his rage, despite the smell of the open fire in the building.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

Robert's mind works through the aftermath of the illithid's unintentional assault; it's been too long since he was faced with such, and what little defense he'd managed to develop has faded through disuse. Still, something calls him back to his own mind:

"You said something about my daughter?"
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Everyone here seems to be gathered for a reason. To look for something.

Artemis and Mordent, Kimuriel and his father, the Priest and his daughter. What is that enigmatic orange haired man looking for? What is his role in this drama? What did that hateful creature want from him?
Ixevim's mind wandered again in the Zarovan direction. Did he really wanted the Zarovan to suffer and all humanoids brought to their knees in order for a few hundred creatures to survive and prosper? How can he think like that? After all, his kin was just one of the many species. A superior and powerful race, yes but just a single race. And as superiors, they should find other ways to fix their problem.
Still, however good all these seemed to Ixevim, the truth is that he wanted his kin to survive. Those cruel dominators that send bioconstructs against him, that exiled him from their midst.
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Ah, yes Zarovan Vistani, I knew I have heard that name before. I think he and the other vistani know the way to go to the past too, so we don't need to wait only this Castilor to help us. We can try to locate these vistani too, I know that it will be difficult, but if we manage to do it, we can go back to the past and fix all this... strange situation."

Looking the frustrated mindflyer, Kimuriel adds:

"I agree with Ixevim too, we need to find Zarovan first. Do any of you know how he looks like? I can try to locate him psionically."
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

To Robert's voice the masked man looks on to him and a sizeable amount of stew drops onto the floor from his hidden mouth.

"Brrrr Ixevim knows, Katrina the preacher's daughter! Faceless faces, isles of air. She is hidden and the quest begins. Horror of horrors, love of the pure. Woof woof good doggy." he looks around and mutters under his breath "so hungry. What you wanna know faith man?"

At this time the woman is engaged with many of the others.

"The Zarovan are no single entity Kimuriel but a group. I do not know how you can find them, they have been in hiding for many years."

Albert currently turns to look over an open book. The script flows nicely and to his joy he finds he can actually read it -the content it contains however is not pleasent. It seems to be a journal of some sort, but somewhat out of joint as there is no real connectivity between pages but thoughts and encounters. Whoever had written it was concerned over the power play by several groups, the ancient ones, the metallic dragon and a religion. It didn't seem to make much sense at first glance.
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert continues to read, despite not making much sense of what's on the open pages. As he nears the end of a page, he quickly looks around for something he can use to attempt to turn the pages with, as he doesn't exactly want to touch them. He remembers that the scholar that raised him knew a trick for turning pages from a distance, and Albert pondered if he could use one of the minor spells he knew to cause a similar effect.

<OOC>
Since I'm lazy, and it's late... Can prestidigitation be used to turn pages? *Update* Actually, it looks like it can. So yeah. Prestidigitation to turn the pages. </OOC>

Remembering one, Albert silently whispers the words, and uses a slight breeze to turn the page of the book he's reading, and continues onward.
Last edited by Tadelin on Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.