A new world has come

The Halfling campaign
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

As Artemis searches the room, the orange-haired man points to something in the darkness that Artemis has yet to get close enough to find. He has to lift his arm a few times to even be able to maintain anything close to a pointing, however.

There in the corner. A large chest. Might be something inside of use.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel sees Artemis going closer to the shest and says:

“Pay attention Artemis, the chest can be trapped.”
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim (having darkvision) approaches the injured man. He speaks to him in the language they have been using all along. "I'm Ixevim, you have been injured. Who are you?"

Ixevim sents a telepathic message to Kimuriel and Heinrich

"By the way can you please hide the body of the man I have killed? Or at least conceal the reason of death? They will think I'm a man-slayer."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

The orange-haired man just blinks at Ixevim. It seems pretty obvious that he doesn't seem to speak whatever language the group has been using. His reply, as with everything else he's spoken, comes in "high" Mordentish.

I'm sorry. I don't understand what you're saying. Does anyone here understand me?

He looks around the room, obviously starting to be bothered at the concept of being somewhere that he can't be understood by anyone.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

"Yes, I'm from Mordent. He's asking who you are, and noting that you have been injured. Do you need any healing?"
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim Replies in Mordentish translating for Kimuriel using telepathy.

Most of us speak Mordentish too I supose.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Well I don't. Father, may you ask him if he speaks any other language? If he doesn't, tell him that if it's necessary I will talk to him telepathically. I'm a psion and my name is Kimuriel."

At the same time Kimuriel sends a missive to Ixevim:

"The only think I can do is to move the shadows all over the body in order to make it more difficult to discern it. The best soloution is to hide the body elsewhere and leave. Many people have seen you Ixevim and I'm afraid that soon, maybe even tomorrow morning, this room will fill with adventurers or other curious people."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

<OOC> Reason why I always find it good to list languages on a character sheet. Especially when you can have characters with a low Int because it's not good for much else in the concept. </OOC>

The orange-haired man peers at Father Pembrooke.
You're not here to arrest me, are you? Trying to trick me into allowing you close the the idea of "more healing"?
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

"Even if I were a constable, and thus empowered to make arrests, why would I try to arrest you? I am simply trying to help. This man, Kimuriel, asks if you speak any other languages; if not, he says that he will have to communicate with you through mind-speech."
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim sends Artemis and Kimuriel a telepathic message "I agree that we should leave. We should take the captive to interogate elsewhere. Note that the orange haired man believes we may arrest him. Perhaps he is hunted."
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

At Artemis' request Kimuriel examines the chest carefully. It is certainly a large locking mechanism but he finds no evidence of a trap. While examining the chest Artemis moves to the third human sized cask, the one that had been empty and was covered in blood. Blatently ignoring Ixevim's words he asks another question almost to himself.

"Who was in this third place?"

Kimuriel gently opens the chest being careful not to move it to much should there still be some kind of protection. The lock had seemed to be mostly for show and the box itself had probably been used for holding the inn's money at one stage before being sequestered here.

Looking inside now he sees a few small items. A pouch of gold, a grey slender slate with strange markings on one side, a box of about 15cm by 15cm that possessed sliding slides -evidently it seemed to be a puzzle box and a knife. As Kimuriel shifted the items inside Artemis turned.

"Something in there is radiating a strong magical aura. Keep whatever is in there -in there" he speaks in Sithican for only Kimuriel to understand and then switches to high Mordentish as his floating candle moves closer to the centre of the room "I think we should take our leave gentlemen. This place is still dangerous, rest assured we shall endeavour to assist you once we figure out what has transpired. We believe your capturer's may plan to return.

Now you will of course have questions and here are a few answers, if you believe them or not -I shall leave that to you. First, you are no longer in Mordent. You are in Barovia. Hence as an envoy of the country of Mordent your safety is of my top concern -as I am sworn."

Ixevim, I will not hide a man you have subjected to such indignity. I leave you to 'hiding' him!
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Remind me again, what were you doing in Bluetspur? What were the parts of the deal with my kin?" Ixevim's message is full of sarcasm.

As Artemis introduces himself, Kimuriel manifests object reading on the bloody casket.

OOC> Object reading is the story-revealing-video power. Kimuriel braces himself expecting this to be a less-than-pleasant experience. PS keep detect magic running to get the school of magic on the casket.
My DMGuild work!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

The orange-haired man looks curiously at Father Pembrooke. You have no reason to? Hmm... A slight pause. Then forget I said anything.

He goes back to looking around the room, easily noticing the signs of a fight in the area, but he is uncertain as to how recent it was. When Artemis speaks, he turns to look towards the envoy.

Does this mean I can go home now?
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"Ahem... not quite yet. It's night outside you see and I wouldn't say it is exactly safe in Barovia at night if you catch my meaning."

Kimuriel rested his hand on the casket and concentrated. In his mind thoughts shifted and his focus began to peel itself back to the past and emotional residue left on the equipment. Blood always held a tale and soon the half-elf could see who's blood it was.

A man... late twenties to his early thirties. Handsome ...but also deformed. His right arm was withered and shrivelled. His chest was rising and falling a the steady movement of restful sleep. Wires and plugs were attached as they had been to Albert. Suddenly the man opened his eyes and leapt out of the casket yelling, screaming for vengeance and something else. No it was someone else, a woman, a lover... her name was... Laurel? No, where did that come from? Her name was Desilda -he was calling for her as if she were in danger? Back to the emotions -memories are chaotic, the man's rage was still palpable to the psion's own mind and his hands clenched the wood tighter as he shifted his focus to a calmer state. The man was pushed back and drugged into sleeping compliance before his mysterious captors moved him. To where the man is now Kimuriel is unsure as to his location or if he is still alive.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel opens his eyes and says to the others what he has seen.

"It seems that the blood is from that woman, Desilda, and from the mysterious man who I don't know if he is still alive or not. Our permamency here bacome more complicated now, maybe we should look for them too, but first I suggest go upstairs and see what had happened to the inn and if we can rest there for the night. I don't know for you but I'd prefer pass the night to a different place. All this blood make me shiver."
- W H A T ! ? !