A new world has come

The Halfling campaign
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Whatever he said, it doesn't sound good.

The orange-haired man makes another attempt to stand up, and this time manages to make it to his feet, although still a bit shaky. He puts a hand on the back of the chair for support and looks around the room once more.

Wouldn't do for me to be running around wearing just this. He peers down at the incapacitated guard, then first grabs the sword that was kicked out of reach. As miserable as this style is, these clothes will have to do until I can find something better. With that, he begins to slowly remove the guard's outer garments and put the on himself.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

OOC> I think Artemis spoke in Mordentish

As the brain-drained man dresses, Ixevim looks Kimuriel.
"Desilda you said? Desilda? The other man is Cole Deschain! Artemis, you probably remember him. We met him briefly in Bluetspur. His hand has been crippled in the Carnival. They were traveling to Hazlan too if I recall correctly, right?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"In Bluetspur? You know these people Ixevim? If you want you can get the picture of the other man directrly from my mind."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Artemis translates the news into Mordentish as he explains.

"It seems that you two were not alone in being captured. At least one other man was here -a Cole Deschain." Ixevim verifies his own memory of the man with Kimuriel's picture and nods in agreement, with the facts verfied Artemis looks to Robert "Well priest it appears we can now move onto one other thing that bothers me... you claim to be from Mordent, correct? However my poor homeland has not existed for at least 30 years. Care to explain?"

At this time Rosette begins to stir slightly.

"What happened?" she murmers
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

The orange-haired man's eyes shift over to Artemis at the mention of the name.

Cole, you say. I met a man named that. Though I guess it was while I was attached to whatever this contraption was.

He begins to recall as much about the dream/memory as he could, from the moment he entered the room up until the room itself went blurry and he started to wake up.

After that... I was here. A slight pause. Mordent is gone? For 30 years? Dementlieu is still thriving, is it not?
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Artemis listened to Albert's retelling with unhidden curiousity.

"Interesting. Did you have these visions as well Father Pembrooke? I'd also like to ask both of you what was the last day you remember... the specific date would aid us I believe. As for Dementlieu -it still stands... though I have heard reports it has been at war for some time now." concern and worry is evident from his voice.
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

"No, I do not recall suffering any visions. I am seldom afflicted with them, at least directly", and a slight sad look enters his eyes. "As to the supposed vanishing of Mordent, I can assure you it was alive and well when last I was there, which was [a date not long before whatever event caused it to cease existing].
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim sends Rosette a telepathic message/
"Calm down young lady. You were injured badly. Please don't tax yourself with speaking. Think and I'll take it out from your mind. We met these people, and one of them is a priest that used some magic to heal some of your wounds.
We were fighting against a horrible creature, that escaped us and we will have to hunt it down. Soon you'll be fine.
By the way, I believe Kimuriel and I could teach you ways to defend yourself a little better."

The message is in soft, calm tones, except the part about the creature that Ixevim sends out as a kind of mental barb of hate and disgust.

OOC> Ixevim believes they should train Rosette to be a psion. :) He believes that with his intelligence and his telepathic abilities, as well as Kimuriel's experience, they can accomplish that easily.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel looks around and his eyes remain a moment to all all that blood.

"I suggest go up and try to find another place to pass the night, I think all the people should have leave by now. They are Barovians and they avoid as hell to go out during the night, but in some circumstances they don't seem to have another choice."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Artemis looks puzzled at Robert's words.

"Another slip in time? I hope one day we will find out if this has anything to do with why you are here... the mists are however random as they ever must be." hearing Kimuriel's words he agrees "Yes upstairs at least would be a better place but venturing out at night as we are... anyway let us go up and see what's happened."

Ixevim moves up the stairs quickly claiming to scout the area first. Hastily he grabs a table cloth from the bar and covers his own victim. When the others notice it he claims it was a person trampled and has covered the body due to there already being so much blood shed. It was a cheap lie but worked well enough for the moment.

Upstairs the entire travel house is empty. It wasn't that large to begin with but the lack of people makes it seem hollow. All the lamps have gone out as wind from broken windows and the wide open door has blown them out causing the area to seem dark and all the more cold -illuminated only by the moon outside whose light creeps in and casts the area in a tint of blue and darkness.

Albert and Robert find it strange that the place would be so deserted -maybe the four travellers were more fearce than they appeared.

The captive man has for the moment been left downstairs.
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Noting that not everyone in the group is as blessed with vision as he is, the orange haired man grabs one of the lamps and peers inside. Finding a way to open it, he reaches two fingers inside, and in a moment the lamp lights. He pulls his fingers out and shakes them a bit, more to get the oil off than to cool them down.

More light for the blind.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim sends Kimuriel a telepathic message. "Kimuriel, the captive has been left downstairs, I'll go grab him. I won't let the only witness of the creature come to harm or escape justice."

He turns to the others and says, "I'm an apprentice wizard, I can see in the dark too, so I'll go downstairs since we have forgotten our captive. He may know how you got here."

And Ixevim moves downstairs again with quick steps.
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel notices the strange way Albert lights the lamp, but he doesn't comment it. Nodding to Ixevim, the half-elf turns to Artemis.

"The place looks desert enough, I think we can rest here for tonight, after all it's an inn. Of course we will have watces. Tomorrow morning, as earlier as possible, we will leave. What do you think?"
- W H A T ! ? !
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

"I agree. Best not to travel at night."
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert looks at Kimuriel suspiciously, then speaks to the priest.

I think he's got an issue with me. Hiding behind that strange language of his.