Staunton Bluffs Episode I: To the Borderstone

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Tavian bows deeply to the beautiful young woman.

"I think it best that we get moving. I don't think we want to find out what creatures call this place home at night," he says, peering around wearily, " I doubt your friend will be walking without help."

If it's getting dark, Tavian will pull out a torch and light it.

Either way, he starts walking in a direction away from the mists, unless someone else takes the initiative.
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

As Tavian begins to walk away: "A word of warning, friend. The creatures who have done this to our guide are still out there. Be wary."

He then walks over to where Lodissio is laying down. "We HAVE to act. I think Tavian wishes to start walking and I think we might want to . Any direction at this point is better than standing still."

I wait for a few others to respond, but if they give their assent, I start walking as well. I volunteer to help Lodissio if need be.
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Boccaccio Barbarossa wrote:As Tavian begins to walk away: "A word of warning, friend. The creatures who have done this to our guide are still out there. Be wary."
"Even more incentive to get moving," Tavian calls over his shoulder, hoping the others will follow as he walks hesitantly past them.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana gives a lingering look back at the mists, then reluctantly follows the others, lending a shoulder to support Lodissio
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

After a moment's hesitation, Nicolas strides purposefully after the short young man (?).

"Do not be too hasty to set off alone," he says laughingly to Tavian. "You might need someone our enemies can see to defend us!"
"Listen to them, children of the night! What music they make."
- Bram Stoker, [u]Dracula[/u]
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Tavian wrote:OOC: What time of day is it?
Since Lodissio wakened the group at dawn, and you crossed the endless mist vale, assume it's about 9 or 10 AM.
CapN wrote:If you can wait eight hours, I can change my selection of spells and take some healing.
Does the group want to move on or to stay and wait for the cleric to recover his magic?

-----------------------------------------

About Lodissio's estate, again:

He is unconscious and feverish. So, him walking is nearly out of question. If you want to move on, you'll have to carry him someway. (-1 temporal constitution drain for every hour for those who bear his weight.)
Le Noir Faineant

kintire wrote:((sorry about the pause.. I'm only just back :))
[Good to see you again around here! :D]
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana lowers Lodissio to the ground after a few paces.

"this is no good... he isn't going anywhere. We'll have to rest untill he can be healed. I wouldn't mind a rest myself.. its been a hard night!
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Tavian lets out an audible sigh. He stops and moves back to where Lodissio is laying.

"Ok, perhaps it is best we rest," the short man says, "I am rested so I can keep watch."

(Does this spot look defendable? Are there alot of trees or rocks or hills or caves, etc? Is the ground soft or hard? Is there snow? Autumn leaves? If there are trees, are the branches reachable?)
Le Noir Faineant

Tavian wrote: (Does this spot look defendable? Are there alot of trees or rocks or hills or caves, etc? Is the ground soft or hard? Is there snow? Autumn leaves? If there are trees, are the branches reachable?)
You're standing in a clearing just before the entrance to a lower terrain (the vale you all are just supposed to cross. In front of you, you see a cold, late-autumn highland field, rocky slopes now and then, and single trees in the waste. Besides that, nothing really. No signs of life, just a dead, almost tundra-like landscape. If you camp, you'll most likely have to do it on the open field.
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

As the group stops, Jarryd moves to check the bandage that he wrapped around Lodissio's body, that is now soaked in blood.

"He's bleeding heavily and it' won't stop, the cut is too deep...I wonder if he will survive this wound..."

Producing another clean cloth, from his backpack, he starts removing the old bandagge. Opening a small ivory bottle he pours some strange but transparent liquid on Lodissio's wound. The satyr only groans as it touches the wound. The liquid seems to stop the bleeding for a while, enough to clean it.

"Let's find a spot where we can hide him, in case we are attacked again...at least they won't find him if we do so.." he suggests to the group.

He moves on to find a suitable spot for Lodissio.

OCC: Jarryd would like to analyze the terrain and the surroundings. Maybe even some ranger skills shall be needed.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

"Unless you want to start digging, which will be difficult given the cold ground, it doesn't look like there's a suitable place to hide. Cover him in some blankets and stay near him."

Tavian looks around at the desolate wastes, shaking his head.

"Well, at least we'll see them coming."
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

once everyone settles on staying, Alain begins looking through the notebook he was handed back at the inn. Every now and again he will look up to see how lodissio is fairing, and to see what everyone else is doing. After a while, if there is sufficient watch, he will rest.
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

Looking around the bleak landscape, Nicolas turns to his new-found companions.

"Perhaps," he begins, "two or three of us should go ahead a short distance, if only to ascertain that no immediate dangers exist. If we can find help for that creature," he points to Lodissio, "it might be even better. I will gladly go. Would another accompany me? It seems a waste to bed down when the day is not even half through!"
"Listen to them, children of the night! What music they make."
- Bram Stoker, [u]Dracula[/u]
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

"Though I am tired, I am unable to sleep. i will go with you." Avra readies his shield and scimitar and goes with him.
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/