GE Now: Waking the Dead, Part V: Fear and Loathing

Online roleplaying at the Café
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

GE Now: Waking the Dead, Part V: Fear and Loathing

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

The group decided to move hotels, a decision Alina made no comment on. As they settled into their new hotel, Lymon grinned. "New rooms. They only had single rooms left, that's five rooms, don't worry, I can afford it. Barely."
Last edited by Drinnik Shoehorn on Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"It's ok Father, I have some money too. You don't have to worry about that."

Says Duavel as she gets her key.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"I'll pay for my room too, no need to worry. See you later." Antony said and moved to his room.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Lymon stood alone in his room. He locked the door, locked the window and closed the curtains. He sighed and hefted his luggage onto the bed.

Undoing the clasps, he opened his suitcase and started to unpack his clothes. He reached in for a shirt when a scaly hand burst through the clothes and grabbed his wrist.

"She wants a word," a voice gurgled.

Lymon struggled briefly, but the arm was too strong. With a tug, it pulled him inside the case.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Duavel locks the door of her room and goes to the window. She always like staring outside and imaging herself in someone else's shoes. Sometimes she wishes to have a normal life.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Once in his room, Antony look at his necklace for a time. Sometimes he could believe that the strange figure spies on him. With a sigh, he rolls it up in a cotton cloth, puts it next to him on his bed and goes to sleep.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Duavel wakes up late that morning, it’s almost ten. The teacher is impressed that she managed to sleep that much, she uses to wake up very early. It seems that she was very tired but now she feels rejuvenated.

At 10.30 Duavel is dressed and a bit surprised that no one and especially Lymon hasn’t already knocked her door in order to tell her that they should go in museum to find the man Mavallon told them the day before. So the teacher decides to call at his room and tell that she is ready. The phone rang many times but no one picks it up. Duavel believes that the priest has gone downstairs to take breakfast, so she goes down too. There she meets Alina and Miranda but they don’t know where the priest is. Duavel asks at the reception but they haven’t seen him either. The teacher goes back to the dining room and says to the two women:

“No sign of Father Lymon. Maybe knows Antony, have you seen him?”

“No, I think he is still in his room.” Says Miranda.

“Ok I’ll go up and ask him.”

Duavel goes to Antony’s room and knocks the door.

“Antony? I’m Duavel, Are you awake?”
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Antony, already dressed and shaved goes to the door. Takes a moment to look and opens it.
"Yes Duavel, I'm awake for sometime."
Antony's spellbook has already been hidden and he has put on the neclace.
"I had gone to eat breakfast half an hour ago. I called Father Lymon, since I believe he would be up by that time, but he wasn't there. "
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

“It’s weird. I called him too and he didn’t answer. He hasn’t gone down for breakfast and he hasn’t gotten out. Of course maybe he has gone out and the receptionist hasn’t noticed him, but I think he should be back by now. Let’s go to his room.”

Duavel and Antony go to Lymon’s room. Duavel knocks twice as says:

“Father Lymon, are you there? Is everything ok?”

As they get no answered the woman says:

“I’m worried. I think we should ask the reception to open the door for us. What do you think?”
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Antony makes a Grimace. "OK, let's do this."
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Duavel goes immediately to reception and asks if someone can open the door of Lymon’s room because they are worried for their companion. The receptionist, despite he cannot hide a grimace of annoyance, turns to a groom and says:

“Robert, get the second key of 206 and follow Miss Norton upstairs.”

Duavel and Robert find Antony upstairs. They knock two more times Lymon’s door but they still get no answer, so Robert unlocks the door and they go inside.

For the first look at the room Duavel understand that something strange had happened, the priest was gone but the door of his room was locked. So she turns to Robert and giving him a few pounds as tip says:

“Thank you Robert.”

The man nods and walks out without commenting.

Duavel turns to Antony and says:

“I don’t like it. I’m afraid our friend is in trouble Antony. Let's look around.”

With that she starts searching the room in order to understand what has happened.
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Antony looks at Duavel and walks to close the door. "I'll ... do something you'll probably find strange. Don't react hastily please. I'll cast a spell that may give us some clues."

With that Antony chanted a few obscure words and waved his hands activating the spell.

OOC> Detect magic :)
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Despite Antony has prepared her, Duavel backs off when he casted the spell. Looking him suspiciously and a bit terrified says:

“What is that? What… what have you done? Wizards and magic don't exist.”
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Not taking his concentration from the scanning for residual arcane energies, Antony replied: "You would be surprised of how many things are about that you never thought possible. Remember though, it is a secret."
My DMGuild work!
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Nothing magical is detected in the room.

Alina stands in the doorway, watching.

"Is everything OK?" she asks, "Where is the Father?"