Reckonings: The Overlook

Online roleplaying at the Café
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

Fuzzball wrote::oops: I'm sorry. I haven't had anything to say and I don't think Gurthoron had any idea what to respond. I'm still following along though.
That's fine! I probably need to lay out more explicit options for you two in my posts. I tried to do some of that for Balin in my last post--was it helpful at all?

If you guys are lost, by all means speak up. Balin's slaying of Reise is bringing the party closer together, and I want to make sure you're all up to speed for when we reunite the party.
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

MatthiasStormcrow wrote: Careful! Is it the 3.0 one, or the 3.5 one? There's a lot of differences between them, they changed Psionics a bunch between the two editions.
:) Thank you - I'll then copy some details from the SRD/Expanded Psionics Manual from a friend, if I need.
Nathan of the FoS wrote:
Rafael wrote:BTW, since I take that the character sheets are more suggestions than actual descriptions of our powers,
Oh, that's not true at all! Reckonings is pretty unusual in this, I think, but everything is strictly by the book. For example, Peregrine has two ninth-level spells (that's a hint for his character sheet, btw) and he's used both, so he gets no more until tomorrow. If it ain't on the character sheet, you can't do it.

Large sections of Peregrine's and Cortez' character sheets are blank because we weren't obligated to reveal them to the other PCs, just to DS, so we started a "guessing game" using the information revealed in-game to figure out what each other's abilities and items are. All the blank spots have been filled in--they just haven't been revealed publicly.
:!: Oh, then I misunderstood something - I figured that even DS would not know the full potential of our characters.
DeepShadow wrote:Nathan's right about this being strictly by the book, but because you're a new player I'm willing to let you change anything about Anders that hasn't been revealed in the story yet.

And because I realize how daunting it would be to track down everything that's been said about Anders over the past couple years, I'll create a thread for Anders' character sheet and invite the other players to put their treasure hunt methods to good use.
Thank you! This will make it much easier for me to get a clear concept of my character...

Apart from some really minor tweaks on his powers, I think the first thing Anders will do when the group finds a safe haven, will be to get to a barber shop and to find some black sunglasses...

:roll: :wink:
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

What's "Power Turn?" I can't find it in the SRD.

BTW, Anders is supposed to be in his early forties; not that he can't use any number of things to change his appearance, but Neo looks a little young.

Any way to photoshop Tom Cruise's head onto that pic? :lol:
MatthiasStormcrow
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by MatthiasStormcrow »

Astral Construct VII? Somebody's using the 3.0 psionics book! :P I told you it got changed a lot!
"You see, what you thought was a gibbering abomination from the pits of Hell was really just a fruitbat. We get 'em all the time in Salt Lake."

-Benjamin Dean, Doomtown Ep. 8
Le Noir Faineant

:shock: Ooops... Yeah, my Psionic Handbook is from 3.0... Hadn't really noticed that... :cry:
I am sorry for the mess and the hiatus! I'll post a new message as soon as I finish my Christmas preparations around here.

Merry christmas to you all! :)
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

By my calculations, I've got actions pending from Cortez, Tessius and Balin, and discussion fodder pending from Sariel and Anders. If any of you need advice, clarification or even a holiday reprieve, let me know. Otherwise I'll be moving those plots along soon.
Le Noir Faineant

:cry: I am so sorry that I didn't answer during the löast few days. Still so busy with the holiday stuff. I try to keep my own PbPs up tp date, but that's already stressy...
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

S'okay, really. I just wasn't sure if the lack of conversation was due to the holidays or whether people were actually waiting on me. From time to time everyone has been waiting on everyone else to post; I just wanted to point out who had the ball.
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Rafael, check out the Astral Construct Menu and pick your powers. Post your questions and thoughts here so we can keep the other thread clear for action.
Le Noir Faineant

:) Now, finally:
7th-Level Astral Construct Astral Construct
Size/Type: Large Construct
Hit Dice: 13d10+30 (101 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 27 (+1 Dex, +17 natural, -1 size), touch 10, flat-footed 26
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+25
Attack: Slam +20 melee (1d8+12)
Full Attack: 2 slams +20 melee (1d8+12)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Energy Bolt, construct traits, damage reduction 10/magic, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +4
Abilities: Str 35, Dex 13, Con Ø, Int Ø, Wis 11, Cha 10
Skills: —
Feats: —
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment:
Energy Bolt (Ps)

The astral construct can manifest energy bolt (manifester level 8th) as a standard action once per round. The creator sets the energy type that the astral construct can manifest when he creates it.
Built my critter according to these instructions:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monst ... struct.htm

Had never thought that the SRD online would be so comprehensive.
Very cool! :)
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Excellent. What type of energy is programmed? For that matter, what are its specific instructions?
Le Noir Faineant

Now I am a bit puzzled, again. Soory, I am just such a mess! What types of energy are there? I had figured that the energyx bolt would be of mind energy. just as the psionic energy bolt.

The construct, let's call it "Sam" for further convenience :wink:, is summoned to distract Harrin and to allow Anders to get back to his friends. Now, of course, Sam's original mission is to destroy Harrin, if possible, though that seems unlikely.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

The description of Energy Bolt in the SRD has the possible Energy types and their specific effects.

Also how about a craft(sculpting) check for the astral construct ?
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

So its assigned to kill, but Anders figures it will just keep Harrin busy. Sounds good.

As for a sculpting check, I don't quite understand the point. Are the consequences anything beyond cosmetic? I mean, Anders is in a hurry; "arms, legs...aw forget the head, people are drowning!"
Le Noir Faineant

*Astral construct how I envision it.* (Even with sculpting check... Anyone knwows what this is? :wink: )

As to the specific energy type, I neither find nor know of any rule specification on this. :oops: Maybe just ectoplasma?