Staunton Bluffs, Episode II: Afterschock

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

You all manage to enter the besieged house, with Jarryd carrying the terribly wounded Adrian, and slam the door...

For a moment, everything is quiet...

You all gather in the fountain room, crying and coughing, and trembling with fear...

Then, you hear soft steps from behind... And a small, shady figure stands in the Eastern door...

[Shot or Shout?]
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

Once it appears that everyone who's going to enter the house has, George takes a quick look outside and then slams the door shut.

He then turns towards Moorkroft, dagger still in hand, and says in a dangerously calm voice: "What exactly were you thinking, slamming that door in our faces?"

OOC: Keep in mind, George did not see Moorkroft go through the window, he just saw someone who looked like him rush past and slam the door, then he saw the real Moorkroft open the door.

George keeps the newly-arrived figure in the corner of his eye while he waits for a reply.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain readies himself in a defensive posture, sword in hand, ready to defend himself.
"Show yourself!"He commands the figure, waiting for a response.
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

Izabela, also curious to hear what Moorcroft has to say to George, waits for his reply.

In the meantime she joins Alain by his side incase the figure in the doorway makes a move.
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Adrian forces his eyes to focus and tries to stand under his own power, though his rubbery legs deny this. Reaching out with his mind, he examines the probability fronts defining the flow of energy in this universe. Losing himself in the clockwork nature of reality, Adrian feels for the smallest gears, finding the one he desires, and pushes, altering the matrix in the subtlest fashion. And as reality alters to accomodate, the wounds on Adrian's body alter as well, healing in accordance with the new eigenstate of the world.

Tired now spiritually instead of physically, Adrian stands tall again and turns his attention on the figure in the doorway.

[OOC: I cast cure light wounds on myself]
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Breathing heavily from the sprint to the door and slightly off-balance from his loss of blood, Tavian has trouble concentrating on the stranger in the east corridor. Thinking it may be an illusion of sorts, he focuses his energy on his mystical powers of sight.

*see the unseen should already be active from earlier, but just a reminder that it is on*
*detect magic on the newcomer*
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Jarryd is relieved that Adrian can cure himself with magic. "Are you alright friend??" he asks in an inquisitive voice. He realizes that everyone has drawn swords and are ready to fight.
Fight among us is something we must avoid, we must stand together agaist this madness

"What is going on here?? Can somebody expalin this madness? We must not fight, there are dangers around us that must be dealt with first, my friends" he says to his companions in a benevolent way hoping to calm them down.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

double trouble

Post by ewancummins »

:azalin:
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain takes his torch(which has light cast on it from earlier) and shines it in th direction of the shadowy figure in the doorway.
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George replies to Moorkroft, "While I find it hard to believe your story, I will not fight you if the others here wish me not to. I do not wish to be outnumbered. Rest assured, however, that I will be watching you very closely."

He then turns to the figure in the doorway, prepared to defend himself, while keeping an eye on Moorkroft.
-- Anya Jenkins
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Adrian nods to Jarryd, in answer to his question, then says to Moorkroft, "I am willing to believe you, sir, for I have seen too many bizarre things in these environs to want for rationality here." He turns first to look at Tavian, trying to determine just how poor a shape he's in, and then turns to spy the shadowy figure in the doorway, squinting with all of his might to see wings that may or may not be there. "And you, sir? Be you friend or foe?"
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

eh?

Post by ewancummins »

:azalin:
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

BigBadQDaddy wrote:Alain takes his torch(which has light cast on it from earlier) and shines it in th direction of the shadowy figure in the doorway.
It's the girl!

That one you just saw disappearing in the mists, and previously disintegrating when you were trapped in the dreamland...
Tavian wrote: *detect magic on the newcomer*
You all see a wave of green light floating over Tavian's body, and then sink into the floor...
Lord Cyclohexane wrote: [OOC: I cast cure light wounds on myself]
You feel your cut stomach burning... [Restore 2 HP.]

The girl seems changed...

Her dirty clothes are white and clean now, and her hair is not wet and covered with mud any more, but shimmers in a soft gold...

Follow me...

If there's anything I can do...

Follow me...

I can guide you...

To the world above...

You hear the sound of glass breaking...

Something has entered the room nehind the northern door...

Mist is entering from under the front door and through the windows...
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

As the wave of green washes over Tavian, he falls backwards to the floor. He gets up, shaking his head as if clearing out the cobwebs and rubbing his eyes.

"This whole place," he says in a shaky voice, "It's all magic.....and the girl is the source."

He looks around to the others, hoping for some kind of direction.
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

Mist is entering from under the front door and through the windows...
George notices the Mists encroaching into the house and warily steps away from the door, keeping as much to the center of the room as possible. He still does not sheath his dagger. He waits to see what the rest of the group is doing; he does not wish to be left alone. All the time, George keeps a close watch on Moorkroft.
-- Anya Jenkins