Staunton Bluffs Episode III: Locura y brujería

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Roland has gone to the wagon and taken something from a trunk; as you can see as he approaches, it's a hypodermic syringe filled with a slightly yellow-green liquid. "This should have an effect," he remarks happily as he steps into the stable and moves toward the old man. "Stand aside, there! Help has arrived."
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Nathan of the FoS wrote: "Stand aside, there! Help has arrived."
Coughing and spitting, the old man desperately tries to rob away from Roland.lifting his feet like if he wanted to kick the newcomer...

As the wide trousers of the farmer roll back, you can see his left leg is obviously wounded... His shank is bare of any flesh...

A cold white bone connects his foot to his leg...
DamienJ wrote: Erdwin jumps up from the meal he had been enjoying, and rushes to the farmer's side. He lays his hands on the man's throat, as though seeing if there is yet life within him.
Erdwin, behind the old man, cannot perceive that new horrific revelation...

In the moment he tries to heal the doter with his paladin powers and touches him, a ray of light flashes up and chuck him one of the wooden planks that hold the stables roof! [1 DAM]
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain, whom has been busy washing his hands with the milk the farmer brought in, looks up, startled by what is happening.
He stands quickly and begins to shake the excess milk from his hands.
"what is this?"he says with suprise in his voice while gesturing to the man on the floor.
"What has happened to him?"He looks around to meet everyone in the partys face.
He then moves over to help the old farmer when he see's the exposed bone of the farmers leg.
"Sacre..."he gasps, then reaching for some sort of a weapon, which there isn't. He then frantically searches the barn for some improvised weapon, such as an axe, shovel or pitchfork.
Once he finds such an item, he returns to the man on the floor, attempting to dissuade the farmer from moving or getting up by gaurding over him, tool in hands.
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

\Utterly confused by the current happenings, Tavian stands quiet in the back of the room. He keeps looking around suddenly, half expecting to see the horses he was seeking.

At the mention of vampirism, Tavian's eyes widen. He runs his tongue across his teeth, but says not a word.

Curious about the new arrival, he decides to take a closer look at the wagon. While Roland and the others are occupied with the farmer, he slips past them out the door.

With only a quick glance at the donkey, he begins inspecting the wagon and its contents. He glances back towards the door occassionally to see what's happening in there (and that they don't notice).
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Roland stares at the old man's leg, then mutters to himself, "Not good. Not good at all." For a moment he seems undecided; then, springing forward with surprising speed for someone who appears decidely non-athletic, he attempts to plunge the syringe into the old man's body!

OOC: !@#$!!! I rolled a 1. I hope no-one minds getting stabbed with a hypodermic needle... :? EDIT: Let's assume this happens right after Erdwin gets thrown to the ceiling by the old man's evil mind-ray, or whatever it was that caused this unfortunate occurence. :shock:

The donkey flicks its ears as Tavian approaches, and seems about to bray loudly.

The wagon itself contains a satchel, a smallish steamer trunk, and a large, heavy box which appears to have been made of iron and soldered shut with lead. This last is of the right dimensions to be a coffin.
Last edited by Nathan of the FoS on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana glances at the leg, and her eyes widen in shock

"Undead!"

She leaps back, hands rising and a beam of white light extends from one forefinger, lancing towards the struggling farmer.

[Disrupt Undead on the farmer!]
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:OOC: !@#$!!! I rolled a 1. I hope no-one minds getting stabbed with a hypodermic needle... :? EDIT: Let's assume this happens right after Erdwin gets thrown to the ceiling by the old man's evil mind-ray, or whatever it was that caused this unfortunate occurence. :shock:
As Erdwin is thrown back from the old man, Adrian jolts, losing his grip and tossing him and the old man apart. Thrown off by the moving people, Roland's syringe sinks deep into Adrian's chest, causing Adrian to roar in pain and fall on his behind.

"What the hell?!?" Adrian screams in confusion; what started as concern over an old man having heart trouble is quickly turning into cacophany. And what did Shana's call of "Undead!" mean? Adrian looks to the open barn door, but can't see through the pain and all of the people in the way. Especially with Alain standing overtop of the fallen farmer; but why does Alain have a shovel in his hands???
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Lord Cyclohexane wrote:As Erdwin is thrown back from the old man, Adrian jolts, losing his grip and tossing him and the old man apart. Thrown off by the moving people, Roland's syringe sinks deep into Adrian's chest, causing Adrian to roar in pain and fall on his behind.

"What the hell?!?" Adrian screams in confusion; what started as concern over an old man having heart trouble is quickly turning into cacophany. And what did Shana's call of "Undead!" mean? Adrian looks to the open barn door, but can't see through the pain and all of the people in the way. Especially with Alain standing overtop of the fallen farmer; but why does Alain have a shovel in his hands???
OOC: So, Lord Cyclohexane--had Adrian taken any damage prior to the present? He's just been injected with Quintessence, so he's actually in line for some alchemical healing action. :)
Le Noir Faineant

BigBadQDaddy wrote: He then frantically searches the barn for some improvised weapon, such as an axe, shovel or pitchfork.
Once he finds such an item, he returns to the man on the floor, attempting to dissuade the farmer from moving or getting up by gaurding over him, tool in hands.
Alain quickly finds a pitchfork leaning on the back wall...

In the back side of the stable, a dozen of small wooden boxes stand in the shadow... Apart from that, your resting places, the food, and Alain's pitchfork, the stable is empty, exceptfor dirt and rotten grass and corn...

The old farmer, in the meantime, growls like an animal and tries to bite and scratch those who hold him, but without success...
Nathan of the FoS wrote:...Adrian... just been injected with Quintessence...
Roland and Adrian plunge one into another, the syringe braking and spreading glass and liquid over themselves... The broken needle, still buried in Adrian's chest...
kintire wrote: [Disrupt Undead on the farmer!]
The farmer is distracted from Adrian, howling like a madman, when Shana's spell burns his face...

"Stop torturing me! I gave you shelter! You bastards!"

Suddenly, you all can hear a sound like... Wings... Many wings... from outside...

"Here I'll leave you as a feast for the crows!" The farmer throws himself against the wall and howls and spits again, like a mad dog... "The Pain! Release me from this pain! Oh gods!"

------------------------------------

Outside...

Over the cornfields, Tavian sees a black cloud coming from the misty horizon... A cloud? - Or a swarm of big black birds....?
Le Noir Faineant

[Here's a picture of how the farm could look like...

NOT to be used as a map, just to give you an impression. :) ]
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Rafael wrote: Roland and Adrian plunge one into another, the syringe braking and spreading glass and liquid over themselves... The broken needle, still buried in Adrian's chest...
"Wasted," Roland snarls, reaching to pull the needle from Adrian's chest. "Stop your whining, old man, or you'll have something to cry about!" he barks at the farmer, who is now frothing at the mouth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Moorkroft

Post by ewancummins »

M
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George watches the frenzy with mild amusement.

He says, "Ah, yes, another dire threat to our survival that we must flee from. I wonder what this world will look like when we are whisked away from this particular 'peril'. Whoever is ruling this land, I grow tired of your games. Obviously, you either can't or don't wish to kill us. Just show yourself."
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana glances at Moorkroft, seeming to regain some of her composure

"Not that I wish to spread any panic or alarm, but he has just been hurt by a spell that harms undead... and only undead. You might want to be wary of healing him..."

I glance a little nervously at Georgoe

"uh... what are you talking about again?"
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

As he looks up from the cart to see what the others are doing, Tavian spots the flock of crows.

He raises his hand to point towards them and a gasp emits from his mouth.

"SOMETHING'S COMING!' he yells to the others as he runs back into the room. He pushes past anyone in his way, diving for cover in the back of the room.