Staunton Bluffs Episode IV: Siege and Stand

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana jogs behind Moorkroft , ready in case the human does something, "Moorkroft" she whispers at him "Do you know him?"..
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Hearing the shouting in the distance, Roland stands up and puts his head out the door.

"Damme!" he says, disgruntled. "When did all these people show up?"

OOC: Er...could we have a quick recap of who, exactly, is OUTSIDE the stable now? Roland, George, Alain, the quiet folks, dead Henry Arlington, and not-dead little Master Arlington are inside, correct?

FWIW, Roland is a youngish man of medium height, rather thin, dressed in rather loud clothing in a style that went out of fashion in Dementlieu fairly recently. He has longish dishwater blonde hair, wire-rimmed glasses, and an unpleasant expression.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:
OOC: Er...could we have a quick recap of who, exactly, is OUTSIDE the stable now? Roland, George, Alain, the quiet folks, dead Henry Arlington, and not-dead little Master Arlington are inside, correct?
[To make things less complicate for everyone, I declare that everyone is outside the stable for now, or in the immediate process of leaving, unless he tellls otherwise... Henry Arlington's, in the meantime, body has decomposed into black bugs that have fled into the hay or dug themselves into the dirty ground of the stable...]
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

The boy eyes George with surprise. "Do you think? What may be out there to bother us? - I play in the fields every day."

He seems to shiver. "Maybe a dire animal, with huge fangs?" The little boy looks frightened.
Something with fangs, quite likely. It seems one of these folk might have brought something dangerous with them.

Perhaps it would be safer if you take care of your necessaries along the side of the barn. I will block you from view to shield your modesty and keep an eye out for anything that might cause a danger. I do advise that you take care of things quickly, however.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft slows his run and turns towards Brethana. ''What? Do I know him? No, I don't.'' He then speeds up again, running toward the stranger at full tilt.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Rafael wrote:You all are suddenly alarmed by the shrieking sound of croaking crows that fly from the corn towards the clouded sky.
Adrian appears at the door of the farmhouse, rubbing his eyes. He walks up to the people still milling about by the door. "What in the name of the shattered soul was that? I dozed off for just a moment when that horrible noise jolted me out of my dream. What's going on?"

Adrian sees Moorkroft and an unrecognizable female heading off in the direction of a human lost in the fields, but thinks little of it.
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana follows Moorkroft running beside him, keeping pace, hand close to her Long Sword hilt, eyes going from the human and to the crows , alert in case of danger.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain stands idley by the enrtrance to the barn holding his trusty shovel, looking puzzled by what is occuring. He see's members of the party rushing to a man in the field and out of curiosity, goes along with them to see who this is, or what they want.

OOC:
Alains appearence:
Alain is roughly 18 years old with sandy blonde hair, which is kept short, but kinda shaggy. He has green eyes. He wears clothes of Dementlieu orgin which are out of fashion. He often seems detatched from reality, as if his eyes may be looking at you, but not seeing you.
Nathan of the FoS wrote:FWIW, Roland is a youngish man of medium height, rather thin, dressed in rather loud clothing in a style that went out of fashion in Dementlieu fairly recently. He has longish dishwater blonde hair, wire-rimmed glasses, and an unpleasant expression.
OOC:This isn't right, these two could be twins :shock:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

BigBadQDaddy wrote:OOC:This isn't right, these two could be twins :shock:
Brothers, maybe; Roland is in his mid-twenties.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Are we close enough to do a Sense motive on the yelling human?If so 4 + 11 = 15 .
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Recovering from her attack of giggles at being described as a "Blessed Lady" Shana follows Moorkroft and Brethana at a discreet distance, glancing from left to right as well as at the man up ahead.
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

LouisVendredi wrote: Something with fangs, quite likely. ... I do advise that you take care of things quickly, however.
The boys eyes become big and white like porcelain plates, as he yells and runs back to the farm house, holding his trousers with both hands...

"Don't leave me with the fang-thing, please!"
tarlyn st-denfer wrote:Are we close enough to do a Sense motive on the yelling human?If so 4 + 11 = 15 .
Not yet...

While George, Roland, and the others who have stayed back keep trying to settle the matters at the farmhouse, Moorkroft, Brethana, Shana and Alain
run over to the waving man...

As you are running in full speed, you observe at first that the distance seems to be far smaller than it appeared from the farm... Not like a mile, more like 100 meters... And while you keep coming nearer to the human figure, the black tree remains in the distance...

You can see the figure now more clearly... A hooded man, wearig brown and black rags... Not a farm worker... Maybe a beggar...

You believe that you have seen him on an earlier occassion...

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

beggar

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft slows his run to a walk as he draws near the stranger. '' Ho there , friend. Looked as if you were in need of aid. These wicked crows , eh?'' Moorkroft stands in front of the man, arms spread wide and a smile on his face. He then gets an irritated look and begins to shout'' Shut up ! Arrgh, would you shut up, in the name of all that is holy!'' It looks as if the run has dislodged the stuffing from his ears.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana arrives after Moorkroft, smiles at the stranger, and whispers to Moorkroft "I did not say a word, did this man insult you?" her hand reaching back to the hilt of her Great Sword....
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

noisy

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft claps his hands against his ears , turns towards Brethana and shouts'' No, I tell you, it is these fiends! Will they never be silent?''