Staunton Bluffs Episode IV: Siege and Stand

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George follows the boy, "Don't worry, child. I will protect you. If you are too fearfull to stay outside, choose a far corner."
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana,not missing a beat, slows a little, reaching into her backpack, finds what she was searching for, pulls out a long thin taper, and offers it to Moorkroft...."This may stay longer in your ears ,Moorcroft, if u melt it a little the wax shall fill your ears and stay longer, having less of a chance to fall out... a little trick my tribe's Shaman taught me to drown out the horrors of the night"....
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Seeing that almost everyone is moving toward the stranger waving at them from the fields, Roland shrugs his shoulders in irritation. Glancing after George and the boy, he then looks at the broken coffin and shudders.

"I've got to get out of this place," he mutters. Looking around again, he glances back into the stable at his steamer chest. Swearing viciously, he turns his attention to the coming stranger and approaches the group gathering around him, a patently false smile pasted on his face. "Excuse me, friend," he says to the newcomer. "Do you know where I might hire a carriage? I'm travelling and lost my means of transportation, and I'd like to finish my journal as soon as possible." As he speaks he idly fingers a silver shilling, then gives his coat a twitch to make the purse at his side jingle with the promise of more where that came from.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

Erwin changes his course, cutting across the fields in the direction the others are heading. Hopefully he'll intercept them about the same time they reach the strange fellow.
"Listen to them, children of the night! What music they make."
- Bram Stoker, [u]Dracula[/u]
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

When Alain reaches the man with the yellow eyes, he slows to a halt and looks at the man with a puzzled expression. Shovel still at he says to the man:
"Who are you Monsiuer?" this he says with clear mistrust in his quiet voice.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

[Okay, who doesn't remember who this guy *points to picture above* is?]
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

OOC: I can't remember--I wasn't there the first time! (Neither was Roland, FWIW.)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

[Not I but my character seriously does not like the looks of him and would much rather lop his head off than talk to him, it's the eyes]
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

[How's my sense motive now that I am close enough to this fellow, Ive not seen him before]

Brethana arrives at the stranger, really looking him over, stopping at his eyes several times, not trusting him at all, hand on her GreatSword..... "Who are you?" she asks agressively "And what are you doing here?"......
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft takes the candle from Brethana.''Thank you so much.'' He then proceeds to make ear plugs, just as she suggested. He takes a seat on the ground, next to where Brethana is standing.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana positions herself in front of Moorkroft as he makes earplugs "Your welcome" she whispers bak to him as he warily eyes the yellow eyed man , hand always hovering near the pommel of her Great Sword, legs slightly apart, waiting for his response, nodding to Alain
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

LouisVendredi wrote:George follows the boy, "Don't worry, child. I will protect you. If you are too fearfull to stay outside, choose a far corner."
The child smiles and takes George's hand, driving him to the manor house....
BigBadQDaddy wrote:When Alain reaches the man with the yellow eyes, he slows to a halt and looks at the man with a puzzled expression. Shovel still at he says to the man:
"Who are you Monsiuer?" this he says with clear mistrust in his quiet voice.
The stranger, his face half hidden under a black hood,his yellow eyes glowing from maleveolence, mockingly bows before Alain.

"I am a servant to many masters, young lad, and none of them is friend of yours."

The hooded man smiles coldly.

He waits until the others have approached, then, ignoring all their attempts to speak to him.

"You have entered places you should not have entered, touched things you should not have touched, and seen what you should not have seen."

He snips with his fingers, and two particularly mean rcrows land on his shoulders, their peckers encrusted with old blood.

"Now, you have entered a restricted place again, but yet served my three patrons' will - unwillingly."

He snips again, and Alain's shovel falls to the ground from the young man's hands - suddenly, it has become too heavy to bear it.

"I have an offer for you - nothing more. If you lay hand on me, you will loose your lifes, I promise. The master of this realm wishes to let you go for the service you have done to him. But he demands you sacrifice the flesh of two of your group to his servants."

He steps back. "Are you ready to decide? - I'll wait here until you do and then return with the volunteers to my master's lair."
tarlyn st-denfer wrote:[How's my sense motive now that I am close enough to this fellow, Ive not seen him before]
[That man isn't kidding - all he says comes as coldly planned, not as the ramblings of a madman.]
Nathan of the FoS wrote: "Excuse me, friend," he says to the newcomer. "Do you know where I might hire a carriage? I'm travelling and lost my means of transportation, and I'd like to finish my journal as soon as possible." As he speaks he idly fingers a silver shilling, then gives his coat a twitch to make the purse at his side jingle with the promise of more where that came from.
[Roland might arrive a bit later than the others...]

Again, the yellow-eyed man bows before the newcomer.

"Of course, esteemed agent of the Fraternity, but only if you take back... That gift that you have delivered - I mean that pet of yours that escpaed your watchful custody."

As if he was untouchable, Yellow Eyes laughs boldly into Roland's face.

[If Moorkroft has already put in the ear plugs, he will not hear a word of what was said...]
Nathan of the FoS wrote:OOC: I can't remember--I wasn't there the first time! (Neither was Roland, FWIW.)
[Please check here: Staunton Bluffs: Unexpected Meetings - Not that Roland and the other newcomers would know, but to give you all an idea/reminder.]
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana gazes coldly at the yellow eyed man, eyes flicking to the crows. She stands a little behind the others, a very slight shimmer flickering around her fingers, and her mouth very slightly open as if about to say something... or perhaps ready to say something at a moment's notice
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Again, the yellow-eyed man bows before the newcomer.

"Of course, esteemed agent of the Fraternity, but only if you take back... That gift that you have delivered - I mean that pet of yours that escpaed your watchful custody."

As if he was untouchable, Yellow Eyes laughs boldly into Roland's face.
Roland flushes and seems about to say something rude in response to the stranger's insouciance. Choking back whatever he was about to say, he stands red-faced and silent for a moment, then says, "Fair enough. I agree that the current situation is in no-one's interest. Can you or your masters offer me any assistance? After all, it would hardly suit your turn to have me dead and her still on the loose."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana says back to the others"Dont be frightened by what IM about to do"....

She starts growling and snarling, seeming to grow larger , she swiftly removes her Great Sword from its sheath on her back, growling at the yellow eyed man, spittle flying from her mouth, eyes wild, she takes a mighty swipe at him...
[Ok so initiative: Initiative 4 + 15 = 19, i presume also an attack roll is in order as well so
attack roll of 4 + 14=18]