Staunton Bluffs Episode IV: Siege and Stand

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana nervously emerges from the cornfield, cautiously approaching Shana.. "Greetings.... I am looking for my tribe as we seem to have been separated buy some very thick mists several days ago... and that cornfield seemed endless....... it is just nice to see someone " .....
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"May I ask what all of you are doing here with this little one, is one of you his Mother and Father? " she asks, taking in the scene
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George calls out to the boy: "Boy, hold a second. It may not be safe out there. I will come with you and keep you safe."
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

[What is the scene in front of me I.e people I see , a farm? trees ? a road?....]
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

[Shana is an attractive, approachable looking redhead of about 20, holding a crossbow rather awkwardly. Behind her the cornfield ends at a farmhouse/barn complex with various shady, disreputable looking sinister lunatics wandering to and fro ( :D ) ]

"ah...yes. I had a similar experience. It..um.. seems that these mists... well, they're magic. They relocate you to... other places. I'm afraid your tribe may be some way off."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"what are you all doing here , do you live here?Have you seen my tribe?".
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Moorkroft

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft comes out from among the corn rows. He walks towards Shana and the strange newcomer.

[A description of Moorkroft: a young man, slim , dirty blond hair, three day beard, blue eyes with a wild look, dressed in travel stained plain back clothing, and armed with a rapier and a musket slung across his back.
As he draws near, anyone standing close by can see that his ears are stuffed with bits of cloth and hay.]

He walks up and shouts to the newcomer,''Hail, friend. Ezra bless you. '' He smiles , then swats furiously at either shoulder, as if shooing away a bothersome gnat.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

Erwin becomes even more unsettled when he realizes that the "woman" he saw the other people in this strange assortment going out to greet was not human at all. He slows down his walk, carefully approaching the farm complex from the lane.
"Listen to them, children of the night! What music they make."
- Bram Stoker, [u]Dracula[/u]
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana looks rather perplexed at the strange fellow and backs up slightly at his loud voice and odd behaviour.... "Nice to er,,, meet you too..".... she replies
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Who are all those odd looking people over there" she bluntly points in the direction of the several lunatics walking around. Brethana looks at Moorkroft and says loudly and pronounces slowly, looking right at him.."WHY DO YOU HAVE HAY IN YOUR EARS?ARE YOU SHOULDERS INJURED?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

curses

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft replies to Brethana, ''The hay is merely to deafen me, as much as it may, to the chattering of these hellish imps.'' With that comment , he gestures to the empty air immediately above either shoulder. ''Perhaps it is a sin for me to seek escape from their torments thusly, but how can I do any good if I cannot think clearly?As to my shoulders, no, I am not injured.Thank you for your kindness and concern.I forget my manners , I have failed to introduce myself. I am Jamethon Moorkroft, a servant in holy orders of our most blessed Lady.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana advances towards Moorkroft, hand outstretched, and attempts to feel just over his shoulders."Is Shana your blessed lady?" Brethana looks at Shana quizically."Does the hay help? "she asks innocently, with a light scowl on her face, slightly confused by this odd scrawny looking fellow. "Do you eat at all? Wish you some food?" SHe pulls out some meat and hands it to Moorkroft...."Eat , eat, this will fatten you up a little."...
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

tarlyn st-denfer wrote:[What is the scene in front of me I.e people I see , a farm? trees ? a road?....]
Rafael wrote: A quick reminder of the situation:
Outside, the carriage with broken coffin.
A farm house the boy has just emerged from.
The stable, with Roland, George, Alain, and the quiet Jarryd, Izabela and Tavian.
The cornfield.
The tree.
[An old road, more like a path, in disrepair, leading towards the distant black tree... No trees around you, just endless fields of corn...]
LouisVendredi wrote:George calls out to the boy: "Boy, hold a second. It may not be safe out there. I will come with you and keep you safe."
The boy eyes George with surprise. "Do you think? What may be out there to bother us? - I play in the fields every day."

He seems to shiver. "Maybe a dire animal, with huge fangs?" The little boy looks frightened.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You all are suddenly alarmed by the shrieking sound of croaking crows that fly from the corn towards the clouded sky.

Over there, at the road that leads to where the black tree stands, a human figure can been seen in the distance, waving its hands and shouting!

But the man is too far away - you cannot hear what he's saying...
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana startles at the commotion of the crows, hands fidgeting, opening and closing, finally noticing the broken coffin and the carriage. She looks off into the distance and notices the human yelling and waving at the crows. Hands out , she slowly approaches the human, her hands at her side so as not to appear harmful, she tries to get a better look on the human male.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alarm

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft is about to reply to Brethana when they are both distracted by the man shouting in the distance. Moorkroft shouts'' Hold on, I'm coming!'' , and takes off running in the direction of the distant man.