Heretics

Discussing all things Ravenloft
eidolon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Heretics

Post by eidolon »

Just a little idea for share:

Brother Lucien Brinedeaux of the Exalted monastery of the Guradian in the Mists in Southern Richemulot had a revelation, a dream. In this dream he saw what really happend when Ezra spoke to the mists and offered herself to them: She commited sucide. She sacrificed herself, became a ever suffering ghost to lighten to burden of her followers.
he wrote this and the philosophy that he based on it in a manuscript. After that he practiced what he preached. Brother Lucien was never seen again.
A small group of people in the woods of Richemulot have found this manuscript and follow its words.
"...To lighten suffering, to be a true anchorite, thou must die and bereborn as our guardian did. Only the worthy will rise and suffer. And their suffering shall set the living free..." That has been some 10 years ago. Ever since there has been more sightings of ghosts in those woods. And they all look like Anchorites.
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Pretty interesting.

I like it.

Patrick
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

an interesting notion, if we talk in alignment terms this 'sect' would seem neutral good; I've always expected the next sect to be chaotic evil or neutral. I like this idea a lot though.