Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

PbP Attack!!! Any volunteers?

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Hello together,

I wrote this over at the *retcon* thread:
Rafael wrote:Really, we got to spread the disease! :twisted:

What about opening nothing less than FIVE new PbPs in November?

- Besides my SB one, I could host another, smaller and slower one, if there's interest.

Special aim: Try to recruit people from OTHER SITES than this one here! - Alas, with 5 games running, up to 25 newbies to the setting.

Now, this is a concrete idea - who's with me?

Looking for four more DMs!
What do you think of it?

I would be willing to DM AEG's *Temple of the Iron Codex*, set in Aerie in Falkovnia, right away.

So, four more DMs willing to sacrifice a weekend for pleasant gaming?

Yours,

Rafael
Le Noir Faineant

Oh, not THAT many volunteers! :P

So, it was not a good idea, in the end? :?
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

It's not a bad idea per se, but I do think that having five new games at the same time is too much. There's already ongoing campaigns which are happy to have new players if any should appear.

And unless you're a member of an ongoing RPing board, it'd be rude to join one, say 'Hi! Come to my board to play!' and then not return the favour there. I've seen that a couple of times and all it brings is disdain from the players there.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Le Noir Faineant

:) Of course, I didn't think of disturbing any RPG community - no one likes spamming. Still, there are many pages where one can advertise one's games in a kind of *officially approoved* way. - Always depending on the community rules. - Dragonsfoot, ENWorld, or the WotC site come to my mind. There, advertisement is no problem, in general.

And, of course, you're right, there are already enough campaigns for everyone interested in gaming, but, of course, more would be always better, I think. - Still, something alike to get a bit more attention on RL would be doable, and without too much effort. - Not that I would be unhappy if this wouldn't work... Just an idea of mine...:)
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Anything that can bring interest to Ravenloft, either here or elsewhere online, is welcomed :)
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Le Noir Faineant

:) I'll look if I can't cook out something, even if this project fails...