This blew my mind a little.

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

This blew my mind a little.

Post by Brandi »

RPG.net has a thread discussing the Return to Castle Ravenloft preview, and I just bumbled across this quote:
I remember once hearing tell of a Savage Deadlands (way back in '03) game that had the players visiitng Castle Ravenloft, which had been transported brick by brick to Colorado. I especially got a kick of the description of Strahd wearing a cowboy hat saying "Howdy, partners!"
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

LoL
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Don't we always say a DM should make what he feels is suiting his own particular campaign?

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:Don't we always say a DM should make what he feels is suiting his own particular campaign?
Howdy, partner! :D
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

*blinks*
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

I can picture him seated at his saloon piano playing "Shenandoah".

And throwing down with his erstwhile friend Randall Flagg. :strahd:
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:I can picture him seated at his saloon piano playing "Shenandoah".

And throwing down with his erstwhile friend Randall Flagg. :strahd:
Had this sudden image of him and Hazlik in a cowboy movie :lol:

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:Don't we always say a DM should make what he feels is suiting his own particular campaign?
True dat, but you gotta admit a cowboy Strahd-- especially if he retains his Romanian/Barovian accent-- is a hell of a mental image.

On an aside: I only know of one movie with a cowboy vampire, as opposed to a cowboy fighting a vampire.
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Oh, and it gets better. One of the followup replies:
That sound suspiciously close to the Savaged Deadlands version of Ravenloft I ran for my game club in Little Rock back in '03. Basically poor old Strahd was in the old country when he got a hold of some dime novels and decided that the old west was the place he wanted to be. So he had his castle shipped brick by brick, maybe somewhere near Cripple Creek, Colorado, and set up shop. Keeping to the weird west motif Strahd was wearing his original dracula outfit except he had boots w/ spurs, a cowboy hat, and would say cowboy things like "Howdy partner" in my poor imitation of an eastern european accent that sounded a lot like the Count of Seasame Street fame. I think what got the players the most was when they shot Strahd and he collapsed to the floor after yelling "You got me, partner!" Strahd got most of his information about the west from dime novels so he doesn't know any better.
William Blackmoor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by William Blackmoor »

On an aside: I only know of one movie with a cowboy vampire, as opposed to a cowboy fighting a vampire.
Then You don't know a certain film with David Carradine. It's called "Sundown" in Germany if I recall correctly.

David Carradine (with a cool cowboy hat) is the leader of a modern western town, peopled by vampires. As it turns out in his showdown against a new vampire-king-wannabe he is non other than (Spoiler: Dracula!!! )
:D
The Gem of Amara...
Official sponsor, of my killing you.
Le Noir Faineant

[Accidental double post! :gabrielle:]
Last edited by Le Noir Faineant on Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Le Noir Faineant

cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

Which invites the famous last words: Doggie want a bone?
The cure for what ails you
Hallow
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Hallow »

Hey, what did Harkon and Casimir do to deserve that?
Low blow, man.

Anyways, I have a lego starwars campaign going on with Strahd as Anakin, Soth a Vader, and Azalin as Darth Siddus, Castle Ravenloft was tranported to
Endor Lego Brick by Brick by Ninja Goblins with monkey grip.
Just like the Pied Piper
Led rats through the streets
We dance like marionettes
Swaying to the Symphony of Destruction
Le Noir Faineant

YOU critisise ME for giving Harkon a Lassie image, but in the same moment mate Soth and Vader?! :shock: :wink: