RL in Ptolus ! (?)

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

RL in Ptolus ! (?)

Post by Jonathan Winters »

I came upon this thread... For those interested in Potlus (and RL).

It doesn't say much, but I will pick up my book later and try to explain a bit more what the Shadow of Ptolus is.

http://p222.ezboard.com/fokayyourturnfr ... =269.topic

You gotta love Monte! :)

Patrick
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ptolus spoilers for those who care...

From the Big Book:

''The Shadow of Ptolus is a gloomy half-world that may actually be just an alternate Ethereal Plane. It exists, or rather coexists, only in an area about a mile around the Spire. ... originated as a dark reflection created by the residual power of Jabel Shammar ... Only shadows exist in this parallel realm - shadows of everyone and everything in the real world. Thus, if one were to travel to the SoP, one could see indistinct shadows of places in the city and watch as the (silent) shadows of people moved among them.''

I have been toying with the idea of incorporating a lot of RL into my (coming not-so-soon) Ptolus campaign.

The world is self-contained: It is cut off from any other plane. There is an evil force lurking in the background (which could be a DL). The city itself is unique in the world: Nowhere else do you have dungeons and what not's. Ptolus, the city, is considering severing its ties to the empire and declaring its independence. It does have an isolated theme.

I will give more info, again, later.

It is, to quote Monte Cook, the D20 system with the volume cranked up, but it has a lot of RL potential, IMO.

Patrick
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

I guess few people here have read this big MC Bible :)

Still, keep us posted with your Ptolus-RL connection!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Thank you for indulging me Joël!

I know I can always count on you for these things...

I am in the process of writing a quick review / advice on how to convert to RL to the Big Book.

To let you know, Joël (and the FoS), I will do it in small chapters as they are divided for sale. It will be easier for me (it is 700 pages altogether!).

Anybody interested in specific stuff (whcih I doubt :) ), please let me know.

Patrick