SubGenius Online Course - "Running Your Own Cult"

Books, movies, television and everything else
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

SubGenius Online Course - "Running Your Own Cult"

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

I apologize for, basically, advertising on here, but:

For my fellow Yeti-blooded SubGenii who have no fear of X-Day (for "Bob" already has our $30) and also for the Bobbies fascinated by the Church of the SubGenius (www.subgenius.com)...

Rev. Ivan Stang is now doing an online course called "Running Your Own Cult: Do's and Don'ts" and subtitled "The Church of the SubGenius -- The First 30 Years." It's being run through MaybeLogic (the brainchild of Robert Anton Wilson) and promises to be rather interesting. More information can be found at this link (http://www.maybelogic.org/stangcrs.htm).

I'm already signed up, as it should be a fascinating foray into the history of the Church of the SubGenius and will analyze the overall nature of faith, whether satirical (like "Bob"'s Church) or serious and how such matters affect us regardless of its seriousness or lack thereof.

Not to mention, I think this course will *also* really help when creating religions for D&D, as it'll allow me to flesh it out better.

Anyway, for those interested, please check out the links above! The course technically started on Nov 20th, but I've spoken directly with Stang, who'll let people sign up whenever. And for those who were not interested in this in the least, please forgive this advertisement. I wouldn't be doing this if I hadn't stumbled across it accidentally and felt that some people here might be interested but might never hear about this.
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"