Staunton Bluffs V: New Blood

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

ewancummins wrote: He then gently reaches for the boy, to draw him away from the press of silent figures moving down the road.
The boy lets Moorkroft draw him away, but his eyes remain dead and dull, and his steps are slow and trotting. Moorkroft and George may notice that the boy is breathing, though...
kintire wrote: [ooc: Does this mean I don't get to take the mickey out of smug-pants any more?]
[Indeed. But when you come see yet another monstrosity... Just say that penalty on your horror save roll will be tremendous...]

--------------------------

In the moment you all gather to where the undead has pointed you, burning letters appear in the air before you and vanish in a sudden flame...

The letters may have been visible for only a second, but their meaning has carved itself in your memory...

When Bleysmith falls, the domain goes with him
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Jamethon takes off his coat and places it over the boy's shoulders. ''Mustn't have you catch a chill, master.'' He looks up to see the letters hanging in air for a moment, then vanishing. ''Bleysmith?"Looking to the dessicated and hideous Fallenleaf, Jamethon asks, ''Are you not one of the Dead, holy mesenger?'' His face betrays both dread and a strange look of reverence.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil notices the way the undead has treated Shana, so she calms a bit. If he wanted to kill them or anything else he would have done it by now. As Fallenleaf mentioned Ezra, Inovidil remembers that the couple of wizards she has lived with for one a year has mentioned her a few times.

"I'm not from this land, so I know almost nothing about her. However, I don't understand what I...we doing here and how we can help, if a goddess can do anything about it."

As the letters have started to fall and the phrase has passed to her mind Inovidil just shrugs. Another prophecy has to do with her. Even at this land her future seems to be extremely important and dangerous.

OOC> Inovidil is outlander. She doesn't know that the gods are not getting part to anything in RL.
Last edited by VAN on Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

Sadly walking away from the boy, his fears for him confirmed, George lets himself be hearded.

In response to Fallenleaf he says, "I owe no debt to Ezra. Why should I care if she needs help? And who is this Bleysmith? Is he the Lord of the domain? Will we finally be rid of all these blasted illusions? I'm not so sure I would mind if the domain was destroyed, as long as I could escape. The only one I cared at all about here is dead."
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana seems to pulll herself together, her usual manner returning with startling speed, seeming con fused herself by her extreme reaction...though she still eyes the Undead warily

"You..startled me"

She glances in surprise at the burning letter, then looks back at the others

"A good point has been made here. If a Goddess can't cope, what are we supposed to do about it?"

Shana glances to Inovidil "greetings, by the way. I'm Shana"
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

"The goddess can't "cope", as you put it so colloquially, because she is not allowed to intervene directly in the lives of men," Fallenleaf says testily. "Here begins a disquisition on the nature of free will and conscience which we must save for another time. If mankind--specifically you," here he looks significantly around the assembled group, "prove unwilling or unable to exert yourselves for the preservation of your fellow man, then..."

He pauses, and then continues, more slowly, "Things will go very badly. As for you," he says, pointing at George, "a man who requires a debt to inspire him to action is a sad sort of fellow. If nothing can be done here, there may be nowhere to escape to."

Fallenleaf stops and looks around the group to see if his words are sinking in. "I don't know who Bleysmith is. Yet. That will be where we begin, I suppose."
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Poor souls in darkness! This is my fault. I have not instructed you all properly. This can be remedied. As we continue, I will endeavour to bring all of you to the True Faith. '' Jamethon seems satisfied with that statement , and continues fussing over the boy, trying to coax him to eat a bit of food or take a drink of water.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Jarryd is stuned for the sudden change of scenary, his only reaction is toward his old friend Alain: "My friend ..Am I going insane or is this some kind of mad game, the gods have put us into for their sole amusement??"
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

A land where the gods are not allowed to intervene, that's a new information for the wizard. But Inovidil knows that this isn't the right time to learn about religion.
Last edited by VAN on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

To Fallenleaf, George replies: "Spare me your moralizing. It rings hollow from the mouth of a corpse. If my only hope of escape is to help in this affair, than I will do whatever is in my power. I care nothing for Ezra or 'my fellow man' in general, but I have grown somewhat fond of some of my companions here and am particularly fond of my own skin. So, lead on, dead man."
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana follows warily with the others ....
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Don Fernando wrote:Jarryd is stuned for the sudden change of scenary, his only reaction is toward his old friend Alain: "My friend ..Am I going insane or is this some kind of mad game, the gods have put us into for their sole amusement??"
Alain goes to follow the mysterious skeletal figure and is sttopped momentarily by Jarryd.

"My freind, I do believe insanity is the road we have travelled since we left that inn."
Alain gives Jaryd an uncomfortable crooked smile, then continues to follow the dead man.
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Protected under the leaves of the whittering black tree, you have a first chance to overlook the situation around you.

The landscape around is close to your own dreams of hell:

Scroched, dead trees glowing dully under a red sun.

To the west, at the burning ruins of Arlington Farm, the caravan of bodies seem to pull itself out of the very earth. From the distance, you believe to see a block hole in the ground, where the people, dead and living alike, climb out of the underworld and begin their march over the road to the north, where the procession vanishes in the moorlands between rocky hills...

To the east, you can see the walls of Willisford in the distance, the city whose guards greeted you so coldy... Some may think of Lodissio, Biggs and Wedge and wonder if they're still alive...

Up over Willisford, winged shadows dance in the sky... Are these sounds of battle and these cries of despair just fragments of your shattered minds, or is there a battle going on...?

To the south, you can see the misty border shimmering... As if the mists were actually vaning... dispersing...

The shadows flicker in the mists...
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil shivers as she looks around. Only for instict she looks down, at her necklace, the silvermoon is still hanging there, shining as always, despite the shadows. The young woman gets it in her palm as wanting to drain strength and courage from it. The old prophecy comes one more time to her mind. From the moment of her birth, Inovidil's future was signed, she always knew that and actually she was proud about it. But now more than ever, despite the difficulties and the risks of their new task, the wizard believes that the goddess of Magic has chosen her for exactly this reason. The mists have gotten her from her plane for exactly this reason. She, with the others, gonna save a domain. If that was not important...

"Powerful Mystra, give me strength to proceed and I don't let you down. I'm the doughter of the moon and I'll honor your choice." Says Inovidil in low voice.

As talking Inovidil's expression has changed. Her face has become much more serious and professional, the tears has disappeared and a decisive look gets her eyes. Looking one more time around she says:

"I think we should hurry getting the information about this Bleysmith, otherwise I don't think will remain much to save."

Addressing Fallenleaf she continues:

"So, are you going to come with us? And if no, is there anything alse we should know or do? Any other advice or tip?"
Last edited by VAN on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana motions to the others and then to the tree where a rope hangs like a hangman's noose, she approaches the tree ....